Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You certainly can see the posters in here who are feeling a little anxious about tomorrow night and who quite possibly have just ignored everything that Sam said on 360 earlier this week.

This final is all about our players executing the plan as well and consistently as we have during the year. it’s not about coming up with some three-way player move that unlocks some special play, it’s not about throwing players into new positions, and it’s not about being spooked by the opposition. As Sam outlined, it’s about us playing our way and making the opposition change their way.

There's a separate thread for ticket stuff, don't make me keep reporting this noise.

Dude, chill out. Talking about finals tickets in a finals thread is hardly problematic - skim reading isn't hard.

You have to love the media talking about crowd and conditions. I was at the Easter Monday and Collingwood game at the G and those were as dark as any night game once the torrential rain came in. Not to mention the game at kitty litter stadium - where it wasn't anything to do with the lights but the poor gameplan that cost us. We have also played in 5 of the top 20 largest drawing games this year. The Bulldogs have featured in a grand total of none.

I Don't wish bad on anyone (**** Norton), his a good player for the dogs though and hope Finn or ward can play him tight.
I'm not wishing for it to happen but when you've got a history of calf + hamstring issues and you've been training the last week with the calf heavily strapped then it's just a matter of time. If it doesn't rain and we're running the ball through the wide expanses of the MCG then that calf will be pushed to the max.

I'm not wishing for it to happen but when you've got a history of calf + hamstring issues and you've been training the last week with the calf heavily strapped then it's just a matter of time. If it doesn't rain and we're running the ball through the wide expanses of the MCG then that calf will be pushed to the max.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's a late out. I'm positive that our brains trust would have plans for this if it eventuates

You certainly can see the posters in here who are feeling a little anxious about tomorrow night and who quite possibly have just ignored everything that Sam said on 360 earlier this week.

This final is all about our players executing the plan as well and consistently as we have during the year. it’s not about coming up with some three-way player move that unlocks some special play, it’s not about throwing players into new positions, and it’s not about being spooked by the opposition. As Sam outlined, it’s about us playing our way and making the opposition change their way.
Exactly. Some people just need to calm the f down.

Ward should come straight in for Frenchy as a like for like swap with some great VFL form.

If Sam then thinks CJ suits the plan better than Finn (or Morrison, though I would be shocked if Morrison missed), so be it.

Yep time to put our best forward, execute what we have been developing over the past few years and absorb the experience of finals footy. This experience will be valuable regardless of result, weather we take this experience into next week, thee week after that, the one after that, or next year. Proud of the boys regardless, go hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had thunder & lightning in the western suburbs this morning.
Hopefully there are no lightning delays tomorrow, one prediction is for a the heaviest of the rain to hit after half time.
Good start, a couple of goals in front and we might have a commanding lead in wet conditions.

Seriously getting over all of the CJ hecklers. It should be clear to all that he was one of the first players identified by Sam as a best 22 player for him. I think a lot of people need to stop putting all of their footy analysis into the stat sheet and start grasping a feel for the game.

Listening to Sam is so reassuring, its just like when he had the ball in hand we knew his next disposal would be the correct one. I loved it when he corrected Robbo and said its about removing the "ers" and just going about it calmly. There would be parents listening to Mitch and hoping their kid is drafted to be coached under Sam.

Seriously getting over all of the CJ hecklers. It should be clear to all that he was one of the first players identified by Sam as a best 22 player for him. I think a lot of people need to stop putting all of their footy analysis into the stat sheet and start grasping a feel for the game.

A fit CJ is 100% best 22. I question whether he is fully fit though.

Listening to Sam is so reassuring, its just like when he had the ball in hand we knew his next disposal would be the correct one. I loved it when he corrected Robbo and said its about removing the "ers" and just going about it calmly. There would be parents listening to Mitch and hoping their kid is drafted to be coached under Sam.

If Robbo removed the “ers” and went about it calmly he’d make a lot more sense

I completely forgot how much finals experience we have on the team. Bruest (18) and Gunston (15) of course have played plenty, Sicily has played in 3. Hardwick, Nash, Morrison and Worpel have all played 2 finals. I completely forgot about that. Then there is Karl Amon who has played in 5 with Port. And Jarman Impey 3. And Frost 3 with the Dees. Then of course Ginnivan has payed in 6 including a flag just last season. Finally Chol 1 QF in 2020.

It’s not like this is a team devoid of any finals experience. There is plenty of big games experience including 7 premierships.

Am i missing anyone?

View attachment 2100828

View attachment 2100829
That is not a lot of finals experience, we have almost half the amount of players with finals experience than the next most. Even North have a token 6 or 7.

A fit CJ is 100% best 22. I question whether he is fully fit though.
I don't think he fully trusts his body to run at full speed at the moment (understandable given all his soft tissue injuries). That's a problem though for a player whose main asset is how quick he is.

He also seems to have lost confidence in the air. Back in 2021/2022 he was great in the air but I really struggle to recall him taking many strong contested marks this year.

Ive always thought being a strong mark is a gr at asset to have as a winger, Ricky Henderson was a great mark when he was killing it on the wing for us.

CJ is still covering the kms on the field which is good for our overall gamestyle but let's face it he is really out of form in the traditional aspects of the game (getting the ball, disposing of the ball, marking the ball). Thats not only based on stats but the old fashioned eye test from watching him play.

This times a million. What we've done over the past three months is working. We're not suddenly going to start shuffling players into positions they haven't played all season (or ever).

Sent from my SM-F741B using Tapatalk

Just remember, if we lose tomorrow, it'll be hugely disappointing, but we've already massively exceeded expectations this year. And we most likely have two of the best defenders in the comp joining us next year.

The future looks extraordinarily bright.
True perhaps but I ain't thinking about losing at all.
We got this like
wegotthis.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back