Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope that Will Day sits on the bench in full match day gear. We walk taller when he's around and having him there might be a psychological impact for team.
Yeah - he should probably sign the team sheet in pencil and take the toss too. 😉

Under Reg 12.8 - injured players aren’t permitted to sit on the bench on match day.

That's 3 players in positions that this team has not had them in for most of the year. 2 of them we haven't even really trained for.

Just not going to happen.
Fair enough. I just feel like every time I see Moore in a CB he looks like a million dollars. Weddle can more than cover his running capacity up and back and if he can kick 3 from the back flank???????? If Serong struggles switch with Siss and let him roam free. Kid is a talent.

I would think Beveridge/The Bulldogs would want exactly what some are suggesting .
Us moving players out of position to cover injury .

We knew Day wouldn't play , Frenchie is a damn shame as I think he would have shone Friday night .
But we would have had plan A , B and probably C if this happened.

If the game gets out if control I'm sure we will make moves .
For now trust the guys , the plan and our form

I would think Beveridge/The Bulldogs would want exactly what some are suggesting .
Us moving players out of position to cover injury .

We knew Day wouldn't play , Frenchie is a damn shame as I think he would have shone Friday night .
But we would have had plan A , B and probably C if this happened.

If the game gets out if control I'm sure we will make moves .
For now trust the guys , the plan and our form
Correct. And based on what Sam has said, it seems that will be the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that Will Day sits on the bench in full match day gear. We walk taller when he's around and having him there might be a psychological impact for team.
A bigger psychological impact would be if the umpires came out wearing full Hawthorn match day gear. Sadly they’ll probably be donning the red white and blue regalia as they always do.

Just don't reckon Maginness did enough to hold his spot. It's CJ who I envisage as his replacement. As for his game on the weekend at BH, I think it was his fitness rather than form that was being watched in terms of this week's selection. Ward would come in for MacKenzie.
As for Finn, have we actually played him in the hard tag role since Collingwood last year? Nullifying Daicos was unquestionably his standout game, so bit surprised we haven't seen more of that.

If CJ was to come in, wouldn’t it be for Morrison?
I thought Maginess was slightly better against North.
Finn doesn’t need to show he can tag, we all know that he can. He has been at Box Hill working on his own midfield craft and disposal. Not to mention he played the high half forward well against Gold Coast earlier in the year, was really the only Hawk that flew the colours that day and was voted our MVP.
CJ for Mackenzie in the wing role, Ward for Finn as a mid.

We always have 3 wingers, and Mackenzie out leaves us with Mass and Morrison, so CJ comes in.

We always have 4 centre bounce mids, and Finn is not capable of that role in the AFL so Ward comes in.

Moore probably shares cba’s with Ward outside the big 3 - Nash, Worps, Newc.

If the Ward/Finn change doesn’t happen then we’ll be seeing some very interesting moves in the middle Friday night. Not the time for experimenting.

People may rate Finn ahead of Ward, but it’s positional.
Can Amon no longer play on the wing???
What about Weddle, could he be an option?

Don’t stuff around with the backline (Weddle) or forward line (Moore/McD) to try to fox the midfield.

Ward has to play as he can take CBAs. What if one if our mids gets injured in the first Q?

It is then CJ v Maginness or Morrison. Both have contributed more than CJ, particularly in the past six weeks. Not sure we can afford CJ’s fumbling in finals.

Keep it simple. Ward for McKenzie. That’s it.

Last edited:
If CJ was to come in, wouldn’t it be for Morrison?
I thought Maginess was slightly better against North.
Finn doesn’t need to show he can tag, we all know that he can. He has been at Box Hill working on his own midfield craft and disposal. Not to mention he played the high half forward well against Gold Coast earlier in the year, was really the only Hawk that flew the colours that day and was voted our MVP.

Can Amon no longer play on the wing???
What about Weddle, could he be an option?
All those up for selection are adaptable to interchangeable roles, so not always a direct like for like but I'd be having CJ running off halfback and Morrison on the wing. Ward to play the Mackenzie role with stints in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back