Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big day ahead.
Hawks training under lights at Punt Road tonight to get used to the conditions.
Will Day to have his first bit of contact training to test out the collarbone- 7 days to go.
All fingers and toes are crossed šŸ¤ž

Do you know what time and if it's open to the public?

Does anyone know what bays etc are purely Hawks, if any?
What you will find, is that when members put in their barcode it would allocate them a specific bay based on their ticket selection, you can see it on TV really easily. I would think that the majority of the punt road end would be hawthorn

What you will find, is that when members put in their barcode it would allocate them a specific bay based on their ticket selection, you can see it on TV really easily. I would think that the majority of the punt road end would be hawthorn
Great thank you!

From memory for finals they often do alternate bays. When I bought Tix it definitely asked me which supporter base I wanted to be with

Big day ahead.
Will Day to have his first bit of contact training to test out the collarbone- 7 days to go.
That's why Mitch was sitting next to Yze last night at the awards. Just asking for a favour. Won't need to do that next year though.

Big day ahead.
Anyone else google dislocated collarbone recovery time recently?

Yeah Chol is a massive in. Dear didn't look fazed one bit did he? Probably never played ruck in his life and just went in and did the job without fuss as a raw 18 year old on debut.

We anchored our forward line with a debutant who played part time in the ruck like he had at Box Hill, and still won.

They look formidable on paper.

But as much as they've improved, so have we. They won't have seen anything like our half forward line before. And it's tough to see us getting hosed around the ball even if Day doesn't come up.

What happens down back for us is anyone's guess. A couple of those talls disappeared last time. How are they going to go chasing tail all night? Will they be able to keep up in transition the G, or will they gas out?

We saw what happened against Carlton where anyone who wasn't fit was exposed pretty badly. They are obviously not the Blues, but for all the talk of them being too much for us to handle in the air, there's an equally honest question about them being able to handle us in transition.

If we got right on top in defense for example, which nobody is expecting given the heavy artillery down there, we could probably lose the middle and still win.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Dimma get Weightman?
Or does he line up fwd?
In his 5 games against us he'd have been defended by Hardwick every time, his record is 5 disposals a game and 3 goals total. Reckon we stick with that.

In his 5 games against us he'd have been defended by Hardwick every time, his record is 5 disposals a game and 3 goals total. Reckon we stick with that.
Newcombeā€™s immovable mass to give Hardwick a brief chop out if needed.

I've been waiting a while for a reason to post this again.......The Kanji reads:'Go Hawks! and then continues to talk about no limits, etc.
View attachment 2092896
I'm still catching up on this thread so if it's been raised apologies but that is a 'Coastal Awareness Notice' to beware of Hawks, do not feed them, watch out for them, their claws are sharp etc but if we can fool the Doggies supporters then by all means go for it.

If this is right then this is some prime BS from the AFL

The Rd 2 AFLW match (Dogs Vs Port) is now the pre-game to Dogs Vs Hawks next Friday.

OK.

Then I read this......

1724992997755.png

So if you are some random with an AFLW tix then you get into a sold-out Elimination final???

That's going to take some explaining.

Especially to some members who can't get a ticket.

If this is right then this is some prime BS from the AFL

The Rd 2 AFLW match (Dogs Vs Port) is now the pre-game to Dogs Vs Hawks next Friday.

OK.

Then I read this......

View attachment 2096552

So if you are some random with an AFLW tix then you get into a sold-out Elimination final???

That's going to take some explaining.

Especially to some members who can't get a ticket.

I think 47 people qualify. Maybe 48. Who buys AFLW tickets a week in advance? People walk up 99.9% of the time.

Additionally, the Dogs may have held back a small part of their allocation to account for this. Seats canā€™t be created out of thin air, after all.

What time is training ?

My guess is something close to 07:40, it looks like a whole club buy in to replicate the entire days activity regarding next Friday.
It is interesting that although the training is at the PRO, they are using the MCG change rooms.
Just another Friday preparing for a trip to the G.
Good habits.

I think 47 people qualify. Maybe 48. Who buys AFLW tickets a week in advance? People walk up 99.9% of the time.

Additionally, the Dogs may have held back a small part of their allocation to account for this. Seats canā€™t be created out of thin air, after all.
That's like 2 rows of a single bay. There will probably be more than that who purchased tickets for the men's game and then don't rock up due to last minute emergencies, illness and such.

My guess is something close to 07:40, it looks like a whole club buy in to replicate the entire days activity regarding next Friday.
It is interesting that although the training is at the PRO, they are using the MCG change rooms.
Good habits.
guess we all missed it then

Good habits.
Banner and national anthem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back