Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is right then this is some prime BS from the AFL

The Rd 2 AFLW match (Dogs Vs Port) is now the pre-game to Dogs Vs Hawks next Friday.

OK.

Then I read this......

View attachment 2096552

So if you are some random with an AFLW tix then you get into a sold-out Elimination final???

That's going to take some explaining.

Especially to some members who can't get a ticket.

Is it possible for Hawthorn supporters to buy another $1 Footscray membership so they can get more seats?

Jiath, Maginness, Mitchell, Ward all named for Box Hill. They’ll be hoping to play a blinder on the weekend to get considered for selection v The Dogs. As it stands it’s looking like the only change will be Day in for one of Maginness/Morrison/McKenzie.

I’m a McKenzie fan but the more I think about it he is probably the most practical choice to be omitted. I think he’s still in development rather that being a consistent contributor. Morrison is reliable and has finals experience and Maginness is the break glass guy in case one of their midfielders is taking us to brown town.

Last edited:

Jiath, Maginness, Mitchell, Ward all named for Box Hill. They’ll be hoping to play a blinder on the weekend to get considered for selection v The Dogs. As it stands it’s looking like the only change will be Day in for one of Maginness/Morrison/McKenzie.

I’m a McKenzie fan but the more I think about it he is probably the most practical choice to be omitted. I think he’s still in development rather that being a contributor. Morrison is reliable and has finals experience and McInness is the break glass guy in case one of their midfielders is taking us to brown town.

I think safe to say (injury permitted) Day for Finn and then it will be down to CJ vs Harry for the final spot imo.

Can those dogs supporters who are lurking and laughing and taking comments from our board to their minnows board, GET THE **** OUT!!! When the **** did Bulldogs get so cocky with their cabinet that at 1 Meter by 0.75cm that holds two cups , it's like a Chihuahua barking away at a rhino!

I’m a McKenzie fan but the more I think about it he is probably the most practical choice to be omitted. I think he’s still in development rather that being a consistent contributor. Morrison is reliable and has finals experience and Maginness is the break glass guy in case one of their midfielders is taking us to brown town.
Yeah, I’m a huge McKenzie fan, but it might be him I go with for Day. Harry has such a cool head and effort will never be questioned. Finn to stay so we have the option to tag as needed

Can those dogs supporters who are lurking and laughing and taking comments from our board to their minnows board, GET THE ** OUT!!! When the ** did Bulldogs get so cocky with their cabinet that at 1 Meter by 0.75cm that holds two cups , it's like a Chihuahua barking away at a rhino!

Yeah lol. Their preview thread is full of insecurity. I don't blame them for feeling inferior, but there are healthier ways to deal with supporting an objectively unsuccessful club. Especially when a loss for us would still represent a great season of progress, where a loss for them would represent yet another year of underachievement, in the twilight of their window.

Dogs fans on their board accusing us of hubris, when they're talking of 10 goal victories themselves.

Hok it to me.
I wouldn't be too stressed. Their one flag since the dawn of the internet was gifted to them by the comfiest ride from the umpires ever seen and their perennially under-achieving list has given them an entitlement of being the small, poor club whilst also the most wasteful.
At least Essendon know not to get their hopes up each year, Footscray currently abuse their supporters every year.

The Rd 2 AFLW match (Dogs Vs Port) is now the pre-game to Dogs Vs Hawks next Friday.

OK.

Then I read this......

View attachment 2096552

So if you are some random with an AFLW tix then you get into a sold-out Elimination final???

It’s coming from the club’s ticket allocation that they’d have likely given away in some form or another anyway. Really nothing to be aggrieved about.

Yeah, I’m a huge McKenzie fan, but it might be him I go with for Day. Harry has such a cool head and effort will never be questioned. Finn to stay so we have the option to tag as needed

tough choice i think Mckensie will get the nod.
Has spent the most time in the middle in recent weeks out of the 3 options thrown up.Last game 23 touches, 87% DE , 11contested, 7clearances.

Any doubt over Day getting thru a full game, I think Mackensie will be a handy rotation in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WB v HAW is already sold out but letting in more people for free? Doesn't make sense hopefully they know what they are doing

"The AFL will allow fans who bought tickets to a Whitten Oval AFLW game free access to a sold-out men’s elimination final after creating a double-header next Friday night."

It's 150 tickets from the club allocation (sponsors, family etc)

Embarrassing it's only 150 really given tickets have been available for months

stone cold zero chance Mackenzie is omitted. He has been fantastic over past few weeks, has really developed well.
Day in for Finn, very unlucky, then it'll be Harry vs CJ. A big day tomorrow for CJ.
Really hope Harry stays in.
Most versatile player, and plays his role.
I love cj, but there's massive questions on him when the game is going against us

Just buy an aflw ticket to their dogs game

I mean Footscray’s membership did jump 4k last week as a result of the $1 package - carried by Hawthorn supporters.

Minnows will minnow
It's 150 tickets from the club allocation (sponsors, family etc)

Embarrassing it's only 150 really given tickets have been available for months

So they will only be outnumbered 3-to-1 at their ‘home’ final then. They are very cocky for a club with a smaller following than Norf and the Aints

Last edited:

OK.

Then I read this......

View attachment 2096552

I think this article is just paying lip service... I highly doubt anyone has pre-purchased tickets to the Dogs v Port AFLW game..

Can those dogs supporters who are lurking and laughing and taking comments from our board to their minnows board, GET THE ** OUT!!! When the ** did Bulldogs get so cocky with their cabinet that at 1 Meter by 0.75cm that holds two cups , it's like a Chihuahua barking away at a rhino!
Read an essay analysis of both clubs formline since the bye on their board earlier in the week. Started off fine but then they just started twisting the criteria to basically disqualify all our wins and focus on our 2 losses. No focus on their loss to Crows lol.

Does shitting on the AFLW make you feel like a bigger person? I really wish people could bring the league up in good faith without people having to make their oh so funny jokes. If you don’t like it/watch it just shut the **** up.
I'm the biggest fan of aflw, in fact women's footy (even started coaching at a women's club this year), I don't think that was a potshot at women's footy, but rather how trash both those sides are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back