Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair call - deleted my post.
To be fair if you watched Richmond play the last 2 minutes against west coast you would think they were 15 women who had never played or seen a game of football was diabolical. Just no understanding of the absolute under 8s basics to defend a lead. How does someone mark the ball in the goal square on their own with 1 minute to play when you are 2 points up? And yes I had a parlay with Richmond in it.
But then again it reminded me of this which was worth every penny…

Objectively I think we're going to stuff them, I think they play too tall which requires the kind of precision you rarely see in finals games.

I think our run and small ball forward line will be too much for them. If it's wet then all over.

As we get closer to the game I will become less confident.

But as silly as it sounds it's almost like a grand final, win this and it might be our most difficult assignment. Good chance Geelong at the G and a Sydney side away(1 game in 4 weeks, underdone) then a home granny.

It really is all on this game.

Come first bounce and I'll still be believing all of the above but I'll be an anxious wreck and making myself feel better about next year and the addition of Barrass and Battle.

But right now I think we're that good that we'll take the whole thing.

I doubt we risk Day if his movement is overly restricted.

The tackling intensity goes to another level come finals time, and we can't afford to carry anyone that won't be able to stick a tackle when required.

Here's hoping we see significant improvement over the next week.
Agreed ... Even if they do manage to get him on the park he won't be the same Will Day we know and love.
Gove him another week and hope we get through

Sounds very doubtful now.

My old man had the same injury at 60 (crashed his dirt bike in a hare scramble) and it took him two weeks until he was able to move around ok and four weeks until he was back to lifting heavy objects and normal physical activity with little pain. But then he was 60 and had no treatment beyond aspirin and reduced activity. I’m betting Day is in.

I doubt we risk Day if his movement is overly restricted.

The tackling intensity goes to another level come finals time, and we can't afford to carry anyone that won't be able to stick a tackle when required.

Here's hoping we see significant improvement over the next week.

James Sicily says hi, then moves himself forward and kicks 3 goals.

Keep in mind he would be training without a jab, gameday comes he won’t feel much, the risk will be if a he plays does get get up for the following week.. and can we win without him.

I think yes buts it’s a risk either way
That was exactly my first thought too. I think he'll play. He won't be able to feel it at all next week.

Keep in mind he would be training without a jab, gameday comes he won’t feel much, the risk will be if a he plays does get get up for the following week.. and can we win without him.

I think yes buts it’s a risk either way
the jab is everything, cant play without it, so surely they'd be giving it to him during any fitness tests?

My old man had the same injury at 60 (crashed his dirt bike in a hare scramble) and it took him two weeks until he was able to move around ok and four weeks until he was back to lifting heavy objects and normal physical activity with little pain. But then he was 60 and had no treatment beyond aspirin and reduced activity. I’m betting Day is in.
I'm impressed by your old man!
Injuries like that take a couple of weeks to settle down, then they improve rapidly. A bit of local anaesthetic in the region and I reckon there is a good chance he will be right.

If this is right then this is some prime BS from the AFL

The Rd 2 AFLW match (Dogs Vs Port) is now the pre-game to Dogs Vs Hawks next Friday.

OK.

Then I read this......

View attachment 2096552

So if you are some random with an AFLW tix then you get into a sold-out Elimination final???

That's going to take some explaining.

Especially to some members who can't get a ticket.
I think it must be code for "we have not sold any tickets to the AFLW game".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Rhylee West going to play for them? Think he'll have a pretty important role if fit

If Day doesn’t get up which seems to be the case, CJ for Finn with Mackenzie playing midfield seems logical.

I do wish Hustwaite had played a few more games, but he’s a bit too far down the pecking order to bring in for a final.

Tim Watson is looking more and more like Brains of the thunderbirds every time I see him.
The fact that you are comparing Tim Watson to the brains of anything is more than a slight concern. 😉

Dogs fans on their board accusing us of hubris, when they're talking of 10 goal victories themselves.

Hok it to me.
Dogs have essentially the same team that last year just needed to beat a bottom 3 Hawthorn to play finals and couldn't get it done.

We beat them earlier this year too, I can't see how they can be confident when they haven't beaten us in so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back