Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Will Days type of injury been compared to anyone else's in the AFL in recent years? and how many games did they ended up missing?

Will day is our best player. Who is the best player for the dogs. The last time we played Day was instrumental in our win. The fact that the bont is a great player is irrelevant. It's like saying Hodge's importance is no where near as Gary Abletts. You know that statement is not true. It's what Day is to our team. His impact on our wins and his presence makes every other player stand taller

We won a prelim with Hodge basically a traffic cone because of illness. Day is important, yes, but we can get it done without him. Let him focus on week 2 of finals.

We won a prelim with Hodge basically a traffic cone because of illness. Day is important, yes, but we can get it done without him. Let him focus on week 2 of finals.
I am not counting us out mate. No way. We r more resilient than that.

He’s obviously a massive player for us, but IMO Day had been down on form the previous month and somewhat looked hampered, it didn’t seem to slow us down.. the boys can do this without him, I know it. We lose some class and vision but we still have the grunt which is largely where our midfield dominates.

Trying to look at this philosophically: the universe often has a way of evening itself out. We've had nothing but fantastic news lately, we were probably kinda due a bit of a blow.

We must rise above.

I worry about how emotional and irrational some of you get about footy related things.

Sure, Newcombe was pushed which propelled him into Day faster than expected, but that Richmond player would need to be a genuine skilled assassin to intentionally cause an injury to a player he never actually touched.

It's super frustrating for Will and us, and bitterly disappointing we won't have him for our return to finals footy, but some of the vitriol towards the 'cause' of the injury is pretty insane to read if I'm honest.

PS. I believe the Box Hill game is on channel 7 today too. Saw somebody mentioning that it's only on the AFL app.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jono Brown said that he copped a similar injury and was able to play jabbed up, he said that he's confident Will Day will get up for finals. Take that for what it's worth...
Spider Everett had the same injury as Will and was quoted “There is no way known he would get up for this game”

As the game will be won and lost in the midfield, it's a big blow but let's be honest he was never going to be close to fully fit anyway.
If we win first week, he's probably a 50/50 for the semi imo.

Hoping Treloar is out to even it up too

As an unabashed Chad fan I'd be overjoyed if he "dropped 20 and 2".

But he's not looked like it at any point since his initial recovery. It would be encouraging today and a real impetus to beat Williamstown, but he's still not close enough to put pressure on our first 25.

I imagine it would be advised against due to risk, but I’ve never seen it used during trainings.

On the flip side we could be playing one of the greatest mind games ever
That did cross my mind... (wishful thinking maybe)... The mind games did work leading into the Pies game getting them to prep for Finn vs Daicos only to start him a as a sub ;)

Not sure why the club would publicly rule Day out now. Not because I think he could get up in time but because why give away selection news early?

Unless it’s a bluff… (jks)

This thread has taken a bit of an Animal House turn. This time Chip Diller is right.

fM2glGeGf9OhC6RqHZAkfv7EsQ_7PSn8nzHlsf-OlN3p30bycsGs6v4NO_QEeMFyYTWPBwdL5adyoNDKW4QYVoOO8KjzEz0KmBZN3W9Je1gpgGZE3YVQXiAj4GVJVKuKjEW6Mg8b

Not sure why the club would publicly rule Day out now. Not because I think he could get up in time but because why give away selection news early?

Unless it’s a bluff… (jks)
Remove media speculation is my reckoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back