Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week without Day our CBA numbers were, as below, out of 36:

29 - Meek
29 - Worpel
28 - Newcombe
23 - Mackenzie
15 - Nash (subbed out)
7 - Chol
7 - Moore
6 - Maginess

Total Clearances | Centre Clearances (mids):
10 | 8 - Newcombe
7 | 2 - Mackenzie
6 | 1 - Nash
4 | 2 - Worpel
3 | 1 - Moore
2 | 1 - Maginess

Huge game coming up for Mackenzie, he's going to have to take up a prominent role this week against a much better side..

I think Moore will probably spend a little more time in the middle too, as I'm not sure Maginess will get the same amount of CBA's if he plays. Granted Nash going out early probably meant he got put in there when he otherwise wouldn't have been.
Croc didn’t register any CBA’s ….. but in general play during the game it seemed like he spent a lot of time around the middle of the ground. Got a big tank. Ginni, Moore and Wiz at times also 👍 ……. traditional positions on the ground means little to Sam 😂

I still reckon sic is our best and most influential player. Bit of spotlight on day is good. No one is talking about sic’s shoulder. Day has potential to be our best but I wouldn’t count out Weddle going through the roof next year. Weddle and Nash in the middle going full tilt will cause so much carnage. Opposition coaches will be penciling in injuries for after they play us.

We won a prelim with Hodge basically a traffic cone because of illness. Day is important, yes, but we can get it done without him. Let him focus on week 2 of finals.
Pretty sure Nick Daicos missed a final last year did he not after getting injured against us and the Pies still won. System CAN get the job done here it just makes it harder. Treloar out will even it up he is very important to them also with his gut running.

He’s not. He might be our best player but we are not anywhere near as reliant on him as they are on Bont, who is a top 3 player in the comp and their captain.

It hurts a lot though. If Treloar misses and it rains, that evens it out to a large degree and we are still playing on our home deck.
Id say Treloar is in serious doubt if we are pulling the pin on Day 6 days out. He needs his ankle 100 per cent for the amount of gut running he does. Huge risk if he's not right. Would show if he plays that he is vitally important to them. My guess will be he won't.

I still reckon sic is our best and most influential player. Bit of spotlight on day is good. No one is talking about sic’s shoulder. Day has potential to be our best but I wouldn’t count out Weddle going through the roof next year. Weddle and Nash in the middle going full tilt will cause so much carnage. Opposition coaches will be penciling in injuries for after they play us.
It was definitely Sicily last year, honestly this year I reckon its Newcombe more than Day. Day's return did help us sure ourselves defensively through the middle but almost every loss we've had coincides with Newc having a down game, except for the GWS one where he was the only one actually firing on all cylinders and the Collingwood one earlier in the year when he was the one who almost won it for us when we came back.

Worth remembering that Day had very quiet games in the 2 before the Richmond game where he got injured. (GWS, Blues)

Despite losing we did put up the biggest 3 quarter time deficit GWS have faced all season, and then we annihilated Carlton, Richmond and North.

People can argue the quality of those last 3 opposition however we still dealt with them the way you’d expect a premiership quality side would. And we beat each of them more emphatically than anyone else who played them with the same time frame.

Day is a loss, no doubt about it. But the team has been flying even without him impacting or playing.

It was definitely Sicily last year, honestly this year I reckon its Newcombe more than Day. Day's return did help us sure ourselves defensively through the middle but almost every loss we've had coincides with Newc having a down game, except for the GWS one where he was the only one actually firing on all cylinders and the Collingwood one earlier in the year when he was the one who almost won it for us when we came back.
I’ve been thinking the same thing. Newk has been the absolute rock, as good as Day has been his form waned in the last month before injury, and the midfield kept rolling on. Newk the barometer I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I added it and 2021. They also lost the 2021 GF there which isn’t listed for some reason when I filter the results. It says on Wikipedia that the 2021 EF v essendon was played in Launceston. Can that be right? Seems odd.
Covid?

I added it and 2021. They also lost the 2021 GF there which isn’t listed for some reason when I filter the results. It says on Wikipedia that the 2021 EF v essendon was played in Launceston. Can that be right? Seems odd.
Their record at the ground is average at best isn’t it? They play much of their footy indoors in front of 20,000 people. Wet conditions on the packed MCG is what we want

I don't reckon the night time aspect will phase our boys so much. Day out is a big one, but as you've illustrated, being on our home turf, at this moment, with our distinct game plan, gives me some quiet confidence.

Also, ScragCity - feel free to comment, rather than coward reacting at everything that triggers you champ. :)

??

Chad missing that goal.

Wtf to the htb.

Sorry I should've spelled it out for you
I think you'll find even spelling it out doesn't help much when it's in the wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back