Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well he hasn’t

We don’t win with vanilla wingers who get exposed with their lack of athleticism

Especially against dogs talls

Need the cover
I agree with the vast majority of what you say.

Not this.

CJ in no way showed readiness for the top level today.

Last edited:

There’s a way.

CJ has been extended by 3 years. Harry doesn’t have a contract.

It’s pretty clear how highly CJ is rated by the coach.
Was hoping he would come in because we need his pace both offensively and defensively but he just didn’t do enough today. Unfortunately he played on the opposite wing to 80% off the play.

There’s a way.

CJ has been extended by 3 years. Harry doesn’t have a contract.

It’s pretty clear how highly CJ is rated by the coach.

Relying on incumbency for an elimination final would be a brave move. Morrison stays for mine. If CJ is coming into the side based on reputation it should only be Finn making way.

I don't think Morrisons place is up for grabs. If it was he would surely have played for Box Hill today. CJ/Ward/Finn are fighting it out for that one spot left vacant by Day. CJ was not going at full tilt from what I could make out from that horrible coverage. Ward was good but don't think he has done enough to replace Finn who was probably BOG for Box Hill today.

CJ didn’t provide the cover I was hoping to see. I would have loved for him to be running back hard and coming across 3rd man up on defensive transition, but I didn’t see that. Admittedly I was running from one kid’s sports to the others and only saw maybe 40% of the game. But I didn’t see from CJ what I would have wanted.

Ward was pretty good and kicked a great goal. If anyone makes way for Morrison then it would be him. Prior to being dropped two of his three games were good too.

CJ couldn't get near it in the VFL. No way he comes in for Morrison based on that performance. Out of the eleven games that CJ has played this year two have been good.

Ward can play in the middle and on a wing too. Objectively Ward should be coming in for either Morrison or Maginess, if either are dropped.

Last edited:
Only chance I see Ward coming in if they they plan using Finn on Dale, that would be Morrison out, our small forwards are killing it so would be surprise if plays forward, will need Finn’s big body in the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please keep Finn in, Bailey Dale or Caleb Daniel may need someone to kick 3 on them.

Another left field option. Reeves in as loose defender left permanently between FF/CHF. He can pinch hit in the ruck also as required. We need to bring their balls to ground as much as humanly possible and make sure that the game isn’t played in the air. They’ll be playing every thing high into their forward line hoping to expose our lack of height.

Option two is to put a moustache on Barrass and try to pass him off as DGB.

People are worried because a lot of our form changes were attributed to his return and not the game plan changes.
Totally agree Will returning was a significant factor, plus Meek getting comfortable and dominant, Chol growing in confidence, the forward line starting to gel, Massimo nailing his spot, etc.

So many factors, of which Will Day is clearly one.

However, as other have mentioned the most obvious element of our team’s performance in the past 3 months has been our EVENNESS. No reliance on a couple of elite stars but 23 contributors every week.

It’s what got Collingwood to their flag and it could well be what gets us there too.

Have faith people.

Finn plays if we tag, if not Ward.
Serong if they do something funky.

Hopefully no injuries in the game and a win.

Box Hill showed we are probably an off season away from real depth if we have a run of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back