Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Upon reflection, probably the most impressive thing from the playing group, with some pretty senior figures missing and youngsters playing, was that we managed to respond to 2 hawks surges, the bogus umpire gifts in the second, and in the 4th to hold on. Perhaps fortunate they missed a couple late ones. We were deserved winners on the night.

Also, won't get the recognition for winning the close ones that Collingwood did because our games aren't prime time slots, but our close game win record this year has been good. 7-1 in games decided by 10 points or under. Since the round 3 loss to Melbourne, it's 7-0.

Last edited:
I say, 'good on ken for doing it - the sooking by hawthorn is laughable. '
How’s Brereton’s tirade this morning. Boy. Clarkson has made a career of it and we never heard this sort of vitriol from any of these guys.

Amazing, not, that it’s all Hawthorn people making such a song and dance of it. Hodge, Lewis, Brereton, Mitchell, Sicily.

I'm not one to focus on umpires & I need to watch the game again but I'm long past believing umpires are impartial. It's not the world we live in anymore. And the Afl are a corrupt, disgraceful organisation.
Obviously I'm biased and watch the game expecting to see Ports screwed over.

Even the Sicily "goal" I would hate to see that turned over but I also can't help but believe if it was the other way, and an opposition player with 360 games experience immediately called touched it would have been called a point.

That said, having 4 numpties out there makes it impossible to get consistent free kicks paid at opposite ends in the same quarter. Best you can hope is the shit calls even out over the 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm obviously no great fan of kern, but the amount of fuss about his interaction with a couple of dawks by clowns like BT, Hodge and Lewis is ridiculous, if the real nasty blokes like Clarkson and Sheedy had been held accountable for their interactions with oppo players they would have both been sent to a Siberian gulag decades ago.

The afl eventually fined Clarkson, but that apparently wasn't until after a number of warnings for his anti social behaviour!
Just listened to Brereton interviewing Ken Hinkley on SEN , if you didn’t know better you would have thought he murdered one of their players.

Yeah but there was no outcome.

This is one of those ones that gets cleared if you’re a vic team in finals.

The fact he played on and nothing eventuated says you think he’d be fine.

Depends if the VFL want to punish us for Hinkley
The Vfl want to & always do punish us. They're a disgracefully corrupt organisation

For whatever reason, the players turn up when Ken get roasted.

The Vic boys club media who can dish it out but not take it, and seem deeply offended despite mostly being a bunch of dirty flogs as players, may actually being doing us a favour...
Looks like they love him within the club. Did you see the huge cheer he got when he returned to the rooms, not only the players but all the support staff also

How’s Brereton’s tirade this morning. Boy. Clarkson has made a career of it and we never heard this sort of vitriol from any of these guys.

Amazing, not, that it’s all Hawthorn people making such a song and dance of it. Hodge, Lewis, Brereton, Mitchell, Sicily.

Brereton - the man that once sledged an opposition player laying on a stretcher after one of his testicles had been ruptured.

What are the AFL actually going to investigate??

A coach saying something completely non discriminatory to an oppo player?, without even the use of swear words.

Sheez this league just makes it up as we go, Hawks have come off as some of the sookiest losers in AFL.

Also just watched the replay and counted at least 3 times Hawks players threw their heads into the turf looking for frees! If the AFL are so concerned about concussion why not look at that rather than waste it looking into literally nothing re Ken?

Bush league.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm with your wife on this one. You shouldn't be watching a football match from some obscure league on the other side of the world on your anniversary.

Confused Mouth Open GIF

what just happened wtf GIF

Champions League Football GIF

She’s by my side. I am not telling her that…

Dylan Moore is a ****ing bitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back