News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noted the same thing. I remember us struggling and then about 8 weeks out from the end of the season it suddenly clicked and we started rolling teams by 10 goals. The following season I think we may have been close to the hardest team to score against in the history of the league, judging by total scores against for the home and away season.
Well let’s hope we are heading on the same trajectory. There’s certainly been a marked improvement since the bye.

And I do remember back then, his first priority was a defensive game, and the attack came after.

You are really showing your age buddy…. It said “photo dump” in emojis….

You are showing your ignornace...buddy
AOaY4fy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love modern social media, we're returning to the use of hieroglyphs in place of the written word. Maybe we'll resurrect "Walk like an Egyptian" as part of the social movement......

Its only natural, after all, most millennial's cant read or spell.

How long did it take for the team to click and for things to start coming together in RTBs first tenure with us?
1 1/2 to 2 seasons?
History repeating?
Not to the same extent, but I liken it more to the 2003 season (except our defence is much better).

In 2003 we were very poor early on in the season with an average losing margin of 45 points.

then for 4 rounds between round 18-21 we beat:
West Coast by 61 points (after losing by 70 to them earlier in the year)
Richmond by 80 points
Carlton 91 points
Bulldogs 65 points

It really slingshot us into winning the Wizard cup and our first 10 games in 2004

2025 I would like to see the AFL borrow an idea from other codes with there post match press conferences. Have one of the club captain/s join the coach in the after match press conference, it really adds something other than the mundane stuff the coaches roll out. This year RTB has become a stats and process 'bubbler', he has gone away from what made him one of the most enjoyable coaches to watch after the games.

I dont now if anyone else has noticed but as the season has progressed RTB has looked absolutely buggered in his pressers. He obviously puts a lot of time and energy into his role, but if he is getting that fatigued it cant be good for anyone.

So port cheated and cost us a flag. I knew I hated them for a reason

Many reasons they be hated, this is just one of them, as if you were in their positions; you cop that hit, as you know more often than not, you can jump teams for a flag.

And they did.

The Blues did the blueprint by actively fiddling with cash instead of just rounding error instances to purchase flags, so it was only a matter of time before someone actively went the other avenues blatantly, as then the Dons & Eagles would show that the AFL really DGAF about clubland activities during the 90's-10's period.

Do what you must, not exactly what's legal.

Many reasons they be hated, this is just one of them, as if you were in their positions; you cop that hit, as you know more often than not, you can jump teams for a flag.

And they did.

The Blues did the blueprint by actively fiddling with cash instead of just rounding error instances to purchase flags, so it was only a matter of time before someone actively went the other avenues blatantly, as then the Dons & Eagles would show that the AFL really DGAF about clubland activities during the 90's-10's period.

Do what you must, not exactly what's legal.
Funny thing is that they didn't do anything illegal regarding the draft.

They simply paid kids not to nominate for a particular year because the following year they would then be able to be picked up by Port and therefore stay in Adelaide.

They they got fined for not declaring the payments on time not because they were illegal.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back