News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints women's team don't suck!📣
Cusp of finals last year. A bit like the men's team late this year...the ladies started stringing some good performances together in the back half of the season, and I think only missed out on percentage in the end. They had a good foundation to work with.
Also think Dal has gotten better as a coach.

Which means he's still eligible next year.
Don't think so. Has to be under 21 and played less than 10 games.

Hugo (9 games), Arie, Hastie, Collard, Keeler will be though. As will our Pick 7 and 8.

I don't want to seem biased, but I'm betting $3000 on the Saints finishing top 7 in the RS next year.

Don't think so. Has to be under 21 and played less than 10 games.

Hugo (9 games), Arie, Hastie, Collard, Keeler will be though. As will our Pick 7 and 8.

I don't want to seem biased, but I'm betting $3000 on the Saints finishing top 7 in the RS next year.

Hugo on 9 games is excellent ha. Reckon he is a good shout...

We definitely do have some great potential coming through with our young fellas. Just need to hold the line and not get too tempted with blowing draft picks on stars.
They’ll be begging us to sign them up soon enough. 1725153400149.png

Have they had any injuries?
That and a soft draw….

Won’t happen again next year. They’re just the media’s latest love child after Carlton saw their a*ses for a while.
Next year? We’ll see.

Actually been good at winning against the flow. They are a well coached and mentally disciplined side. I rate them. I don’t think they are much ahead of at all on paper but the intangibles are there.

Perhaps they’re one and the same 🤔

CiQFR8f.gif
You would be lost without gringo, you wouldn't have anyone to pot every 2nd post :D

Actually been good at winning against the flow. They are a well coached and mentally disciplined side. I rate them. I don’t think they are much ahead of at all on paper but the intangibles are there.
I’m waiting to see how they back it up with a much harder draw.
They also had a charmed injury run if I recall correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Battle finally confirmed his desire to play for Hawthorn in 2025, while the AFLW season kicked off with the Saints girls winning comfortably against the Suns.

2025 will be Max King's most important season. He'll finally get a full pre-season, and we've seen how the team functions in his absence.

What can he and the club do to ensure we maximise his potential for the greater good of the club?

A great summary and I totally agree that Max has to move up the ground to CHF. You nailed it with Max being a better player and team player when he is on the move and shifting the defence. The question is whether he will ever have the tank to play that role?

We become far too Max centric when he is the stay at home forward. He simply draws the ball way too much when sitting in the square and is often out positioned with 2 or 3 defenders on him. Hopefully he can get his body right, get the preseason he needs and get some continuity in his game.

The only thing I will say is that his team mates need to be rewarded as well. Without Max their leads etc were rewarded and we mixed it up beautifully and the forward line looked so much more potent when sharing the work load. Sharman and Membrey came into their own and had great finishes to the year.

Nick Riewoldt makes a cameo appearance/interview on ABC's 7:30.

He was at the final day of the AFL Transatlantic Cup in Toronto, Canada (He was on commentary for the 3rd Q of the Women's Grand Final, and 2nd Q of the Men's Grand Final).

If by luck you're in the USA during the 2nd weekend of October, he'll be attending the USAFL National Championships in Austin, Texas.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back