News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s now dead to me and I hope he has no success at the hawks
He’s a good player nothing more we made him look better than he is this year, good luck to him. I hate the hawks and the hype around them is out on control, I don’t see a flag or even a top 4 team in that list so I’m kind of glad they’ve loaded up early. Tassie cash will go soon, they’ll under perform relative to expectations and we can leave them to sit on their tip. I just want to build a list that kicks the **** out of them and wins a flag.

He’s a good player nothing more we made him look better than he is this year, good luck to him. I hate the hawks and the hype around them is out on control, I don’t see a flag or even a top 4 team in that list so I’m kind of glad they’ve loaded up early. Tassie cash will go soon, they’ll under perform relative to expectations and we can leave them to sit on their tip. I just want to build a list that kicks the **** out of them and wins a flag.
I dislike them because they are encroaching on our territory. Stupid dinghy. How hawthorn/Waverley has anything to do with dinghy is beyond me. H

Hope Saints encroach other territory.

Hope he has 3 sons and only plays 99 premiershipless games with the Hawks

I hope he catches syphilis from Mrs Mitchell’s welcome pavlova and his limbs drop off and he has to eat through a straw. Too far?

Saints Coaches votes totals at the end of the season

45+: Marshall (48 from votes in 10 games)
40+: Sinclair (44 from 7)
35+: Steele (37 from 9), Wanganeen-Milera (35 from 8)
30+:
25+: Wilkie (28 from 10)
20+:
15+: Battle (19 from 5), Hill (15 from 5)
10+: Higgins (10 from 2), Wilson (10 from 2), Phillipou (10 from 1), Sharman (10 from 1)
5+: Membrey (9 from 1), Wood (7 from 1), Henry (6 from 2)
1+: Windhager (4 from 3), Ross (4 from 1), King (3 from 1), Caminiti (1), Dow (1), Jones (1), Stocker (1)

0: Owens (23 games), Bonner (19 games), Butler (16 games), Byrnes (15 games), Howard (15 games), Webster (15 games), Clark (11 games), Cordy (8 games), Garcia (8 games), Hastie (5 games), Paton (4 games), Schoenmaker (4 games), Collard (3 games), Campbell (2 games), Hayes (2 games), McLennan (2 games), Crouch (1 game)

I agree with the hype around the Hawks. Think it’s overblown.

Keep hearing about this ‘young’ team. In reality, they have a few good young players in Weddle, McDonald, D’Ambrosio, Ginnivan, Dear, Watson. But the rest of their best 22 is in their prime or getting towards the end so they should be consistently performing each week.

Frost, Sicily, Impey, Amon, Hardwick, Breust, Scrimshaw, Meek, Moore, Nash, Worpel, Jiath are all over 25.

I think their midfield isn’t much better than ours. Mitchell has them playing great footy but I reckon teams will work them out a bit next year and they’ll drop down a few spots. Similar to us this year.

But all this talk about “Essendon, North, Adelaide and Stkilda Would be looking at this hawks rebuild and wondering where they went wrong in theirs” is complete carry on. They’ve achieved nothing yet, and are a good chance to go out first week like us last year.

They’ve had a very easy run the last 10 weeks with the teams they’ve played and the timing that they’ve played some of them.
They played:
Richmond twice
West Coast
North
Adelaide
Freo (Tassie)
Carlton (with 16 players left)
Collingwood (good win)
Giants (loss)
Cats (50 point loss)

So essentially only beat teams that finished up outside the top 8 and lost to the 2 teams they played that made the 8.

Don’t be too fooled with their form line.

Don’t be too fooled with their form line.
I disagree. Since round 5 they have had 2 bad losses against Sydney and Geelong and have been in every other game. They could have finished 2nd if they didn't choke their leads against Port and the Giants.

If they can avoid playing Geelong I wouldn't be surprised if they won it this year.

I disagree. Since round 5 they have had 2 bad losses against Sydney and Geelong and have been in every other game. They could have finished 2nd if they didn't choke their leads against Port and the Giants.

If they can avoid playing Geelong I wouldn't be surprised if they won it this year.

A mate of mine insufferable Hawks supporter seems to think it's Hawhorn scripture they win it this year ahead of schedule ala 2008.

Just GAGF I tells him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's where there is no difference between us and hawks. we've only had 2 bad losses as well.

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

that's where there is no difference between us and hawks. we've only had 2 bad losses as well.

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have they had any injuries?
That and a soft draw….

Won’t happen again next year. They’re just the media’s latest love child after Carlton saw their a*ses for a while.
Next year? We’ll see.

How many games did we lose by 10 points or less, With the injuries we had? Not to mention absolutely shocking fixture in the first 6-8 weeks.

Win half of those games and we’re playing finals. Simple.

How many games did we lose by 10 points or less, With the injuries we had? Not to mention absolutely shocking fixture in the first 6-8 weeks.

Win half of those games and we’re playing finals. Simple.
My point was just that I disagreed with you saying not to read too much into their form line. Every team has injuries and loses close games, but Hawthorn were clearly a much better team than us this year. They went 14–4 to finish the season and beat 4 teams that made finals. In our best period we went 8–4 and beat 3 teams that made finals.

Yeah Freo choked and let Blues into the finals anyway, but now we get to see them lose again next week so no pasa nada

If you like these vids and feel like chipping in, here's a link: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/BiggerThompa

Love your work but I would have liked to have seen this Blue Brothers scene included with Carlton supporters throwing bottles.

Yeah Freo choked and let Blues into the finals anyway, but now we get to see them lose again next week so no pasa nada

If you like these vids and feel like chipping in, here's a link: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/BiggerThompa
Just watched this.

An absolute masterpiece, much like the game itself.

So many layers. Some people might tell you that you overstepped the line likening Carlton FC to neo-n*z*s but not me.

That Higgins stuff at the end, oh my god; inspired. Truly inspired.

If only Freo hadn't spoiled it. Trust the Dockers to let everyone down.

I don't do social media, so can't help spread this but this deserves a wide audience, and I hope the players get to see it.

Thank you BiggerThompa!

You'll have to revisit the blue brothers theme when we start playing with Elwood of course.

EDIT: just bought you a few coffees, please continue your great work.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back