2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, think that's close to the mark. North's future 2nd likely around that 23 mark, perhaps a bit later given the number of NGA's next year (and perhaps some improvement from them). Also rated a weaker draft. But effectively, it's then 2 and a bit for 6 & 20, which is reasonable.
Would 6 & 18 work for you?

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the interests of moving along, and the likelihood that in reality some sort of deal happens. Sure. Happy for you to wait for a response from GWS/Dees if you wish.
Will give it an hour but will confirm the deal by 9:15 AWST or 12:15 for you Eastern folk

Morning all. I’ve just been called in to see my surgeon TODAY. If/when someone bids on Ashcroft - I’ll match. Can someone complete that process for me and let me know what it cost etc. I’ll do the write up later. Cheers, Sheepy.
What timing

Morning all. I’ve just been called in to see my surgeon TODAY. If/when someone bids on Ashcroft - I’ll match. Can someone complete that process for me and let me know what it cost etc. I’ll do the write up later. Cheers, Sheepy.
Also hope everything is okay

I'm happy to offer more if you think we can make something work, but understand if our picks aren't high enough. Up to you.
I think with an understanding around pick 6, it would take a big offer.

Obviously I have some names in mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 3: RICHMOND - Sam Lalor - GWV Rebels - 188cm - Midfielder/Forward

No real surprises, has been associated with Richmond's pick 1. I preferred the consistency and "runs on the board" of Smith for that pick, but trading up to pick 2 (3) allows the Tigers to get the bigger-bodied Lalor to complement Smith. Likened to the recently retired Tiger favourite, Dustin Martin (no pressure Sam!), Lalor is a midfield bull. Where Smith evades tackles, Lalor runs through them, his power and explosiveness through the contest will be exciting to watch in coming years. Strong overhead, he becomes a danger when moved forward. Biggest concern is the high-grade hamstring injury that hampered his 2024 season, will need to be carefully managed in coming years. The injury also meant we didn't see as much of Sam as we'd have liked, but when he did get on the field, ticked all the boxes. Expect to start his career spending more time forward of the ball, with bursts in the middle. Like Smith, should be managed through 2025, with 10-15 matches.

Other considerations at this pick: Finn O'Sullivan, Harvey Langford.

Next up: Pick 4 - Carlton - Soapy V

TENACIOUS

Carlton Pick 4 - Harvey Langford

Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country

MID, 190cm

Langford is the big-bodied goalkicker, adept at taking contested marks around the ground and using his booming left boot to break down defences. Langford's point of difference height and skillset adds to us straight away. He’s a one touch player which I rate highly

Being a Victorian helps

Many will want Draper (Lalor was my first choice) but IMO this kid is meant for AFL and his kicking is what we need. Kicks goals as well

Will walk into Round One side

Last edited:
Pick 5: ADELAIDE – Sid Draper – South Adelaide / SA - 180cm - Midfielder

No surprises here, Sid Draper is South Australia’s top prospect in this year’s draft but more importantly he fills a vital need for the Crows. Draper has all the qualities needed to complement Adelaide’s midfield including pace, evasiveness, power and burst out of stoppages. Early days but Draper has drawn comparisons to Zak Butters with his speed and power coming out of stoppages.

Draper's CV over the past two years is very impressive. Sid won his state’s MVP award as a bottom-age player at the U18 national championships last year. This year he had a delayed start to the season having to overcome a stress fracture in his shin. But then went bang in the second half of this season. Returning to to the U18 national championships mid-year, Draper again captained SA and showed acceleration and power away from contests.

He then went bang, bang and stepped up playing 6 games in the seniors for South Adelaide averaging 23 disposals, 5 clearances and 6 tackles – included an impressive round 14 game where he collected 27 disposals, nine clearances, 11 ground ball gets and 10 tackles!

Sid will be a future leader of the club, and the Crows will take about 10 nano seconds to call out his name.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back