2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate.

6) Trading of picks included this year, no to future picks as they have no consequences.

All good mate. Was going to prank someone whilst filling a need.

Pick 33 - Fremantle
Zak Johnson

May be considered the first 'reach' of 'bolter' of the draft but I'm very happy to be picking him up here.

Another utility type selection for the Docker's who are sured up all over the ground but need a bit more x factor and creative ball use. Johnson's a player who's shown proficiency in all areas of the ground as a MID/HBF/HFF but is best suited to a high half back role similar to that of Dan Houston where he can intercept the ball and springboard attacks for his team with his deadly ball use. His ball use is his strong point, almost never wastes a possession when he's looking to retain the ball, but he's also got a great creative streak to his game and isn't afraid to take the game on when called upon. He tends to look a bit lackadaisical at times, but never flustered or rushed, he can hit targets on any angle short or long and has some of the best vision with ball in hand in the draft class. The question mark is on his body and whether a few years in a professional environment can see him play with a bit more intensity while also adding to his agility, explosiveness and repeat sprint endurance.

An underrated competitor too who loves flogging a bloke or two with a nice hard late bump when he can. Never takes a backwards step at the contest.

Ninja Worrier ur up next

Last edited:
Doing all this on my phone, which is tough to do.

Yep, I’ve been using the same formula for all the bids.

Pick 12 = 1,268 points - 20% = 1,014 points

Pick 28 - 677 points + Pick 31 606 points = 1,283 points

1,283 paid - 1,014 cost = 269 points over

Essendon Next Pick:
Pick 40 - 429 points + 269 points = 698 points or Pick 28
Hi Ten,

It doesn't really matter for the purposes of this phantom, so keep doing it this way.

But... The leftover points don't get added to the next pick. A new pick is inserted based on the leftover value, AFTER the draft order has been updated by removing the other picks. See the Heeney example on the link you shared, note the last pick used (57) gets moved back to 64, which is the value of the leftover picks.

So in this example, a new pick 12 is inserted and given to Essendon, everyone else shuffles down one pick. Essendon's pick 28 is moved to the back of the draft, and everyone after that pick shuffles up one. Essendon's pick 31 is moved to 51. Everyone else between 32 and 51 move up one. Essendon then have picks 39, 45, 51, 53, 54, 65. Here, 40 and 46 have been moved up one. 51 is new, and the remaining picks stay the same. I think...!!

It must be a nightmare doing this on your phone! Kudos to you. And as I said, just keep doing it the way you have been, it's fine that way.

Thanks for running this!

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back