List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Rohan = The Don’t mess with the

If I’m the Tigers I’m bidding on Ashcroft at Pick #1.

**** the freebies make them pay full tote.

They are going to match regardless and if they didn’t he would be a great get for the Tiggies.
Clubs just don’t do that unfortunately. They want their guy to have the “prestige” of pick 1.

They’ll match

They get a first round prospect for discount
It’s not a discount if we inflate their value by bidding too early.

Eg pick 2 is 2,500 points. Save 20% that is 2,000 points which is pick 4 (essentially).

I imagine that would smash a lot of their draft capital.

We would be essentially taking a massive gamble out of pure spite in case I have missed something.

It’s different if the next best player is F/S but not if the gap is so large they may spite you back and make you take them?

Happy to be corrected if my logic is incorrect

They are going to match regardless and if they didn’t he would be a great get for the Tiggies.
They're busy making dicks of themselves by wanting picks 6 AND 13 for Rioli. LOL! Delusional.

Dan Rioli (Richmond to Gold Coast)​

The Suns’ pick six will be central to this trade, but the Tigers have thus far also asked for Gold Coast to include their No.13 selection. Richmond are adamant they want more than pick six alone for the triple premiership player, who just won the club’s Jack Dyer Medal for the first time and is contracted until the end of 2027, but it is doubtful the Suns will do that, given what else they are trying to do with No.13.

The most frustrating thing after reading that is WTAF are we doing with our NGA academy??? FFS get it together North.

That's a bit harsh Long Bombs, we got Tarryn who was chased out of the club and Mansell at Richmond who we couldn't match the bid on (similar to SYdney and Brisbane academies). We probably developed Sanders too well so couldn't match but that's the price for our top line development team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say Tigers end up with Brisbane 1st pick for a heap of late picks and as a part of that deal won’t bid on Ashcroft.

They are praying no one bids on kako before their pick 10

I think they are not in luck and will need to trade up or back to avoid a bid not coming a pick before them
Hang on, Does * have to find the pick to draft him or use points? This whole system and the constant changes cook me.

* pick 10
Bid pick 6

What do they need to secure him?

Hang on, Does * have to find the pick to draft him or use points? This whole system and the constant changes cook me.

* pick 10
Bid pick 6

What do they need to secure him?

Have to use next picks. In that scenario they'd likely have a live trade lined up to trade back.

Last edited:
Have to use next picks. In that scenario they'd likely have a live trade lined up to trade back.
Which ****s their night right up.

It’s about time clubs got more shrewd with the system and make clubs pay.

West Coast ****ed us with McDonald by bidding early, because we were always going to take him.

Nostra nailed it. You aren’t going to stockpile later picks and then say we won’t match we will take a few picks in the thirties instead of the top end kid.

They're busy making dicks of themselves by wanting picks 6 AND 13 for Rioli. LOL! Delusional.

Dan Rioli (Richmond to Gold Coast)​

The Suns’ pick six will be central to this trade, but the Tigers have thus far also asked for Gold Coast to include their No.13 selection. Richmond are adamant they want more than pick six alone for the triple premiership player, who just won the club’s Jack Dyer Medal for the first time and is contracted until the end of 2027, but it is doubtful the Suns will do that, given what else they are trying to do with No.13.
I feel disoriented like when Marty returns to the shit timeline in BttF2…how can a (very good) 27 YO half back flanker be worth what equates to be a top 2 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back