List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Really don’t see how we improve ladder wise next year.

Houston going pies and Daniel likely staying. Finished 17th and adding darling and Parker (happy with both )

Pies and Crows both outside the 8 and adding 2/3 quality players. We will improve however the problem is other teams around us/above us are improving as well and at a more rapid rate.

Stuff the prestige. Clubs need to be smarter and make clubs getting these freebies pay the maximum.
We had the chance to choose N.Dacios at 1 and put a dent in Pies 2021 draft strategy? Instead, we wanted the 10K to go toe JHF and the Pies kept their strategy intact with a a bonus they only paid what is equivalent to pick 7 for Daicos.

The Pies swooping in at the 11th hour once again

View attachment 2134004
Well it seems their not going to **** around with the trade. Carlton are going to haggle, Collingwood are going to put it out there.

Depends on if GC and Port rate Noble and Richards as high as Collingwood do.

You'd assume Houston would be pretty happy going to Collingwood. Dunno.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Houston going pies and Daniel likely staying. Finished 17th and adding darling and Parker (happy with both )

Pies and Crows both outside the 8 and adding 2/3 quality players. We will improve however the problem is other teams around us/above us are improving as well and at a more rapid rate.

We have personnel issues but I think our midfield and forward setups are really poor and cost us several goals a game both ways. If we can get a forward line that leads, then that alone gives us 4-5 more shots at goal. Positioning the midfield better adds a few extra clearances.

I think our KP stock is ok, the mids have real potential and we have some good mid sized players. Lacking foot speed / run and still have too many players who are poor ball users but the off season may help there.

We will be looking for natural improvement in the youngsters plus hopefully a more focussed Clarko bringing us better match day tactics.

However we are starting in the bottom 3 (with West Coast and Richmond) with the bookies - as we should - and we will in all likelihood end up there.

The teams just above us will be Suns, Saints, Dees and * - so it will be interesting to watch what those 4 teams do in the trade period.

Gold Coast is confident Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder for top five pick Jack Lukosius given the club has committed to him on a six-year deal.

The Power and Suns have had constructive dialogue on Lukosius’ future and those discussions are expected to advance in coming days.

Lukosius chose the Power over Adelaide on a deal of up to a million dollars a season.

Suns list boss Craig Cameron said on Monday he expected smooth progress on the trade.

Should we be concerned by the mentions of no progress on the Parker deal? Or is that standard at this stage? I’m v new to this whole trade period thing.

No mate, ebbs and flows based on what the media want to talk about. My guess is that NM and Syd have broadly agreed to terms and might even wait until later in the trade period to finalise it, especially if there are bigger trades that need to be worked through.

I've kept a table on the first page of this thread.

Hey Mods, Can we please pin this table to the top of the page? I know it will mean replacing the "Don't lose your shit…" post but surely now is the time to start losing our collective shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're busy making dicks of themselves by wanting picks 6 AND 13 for Rioli. LOL! Delusional.

Dan Rioli (Richmond to Gold Coast)​

The Suns’ pick six will be central to this trade, but the Tigers have thus far also asked for Gold Coast to include their No.13 selection. Richmond are adamant they want more than pick six alone for the triple premiership player, who just won the club’s Jack Dyer Medal for the first time and is contracted until the end of 2027, but it is doubtful the Suns will do that, given what else they are trying to do with No.13.
Six and thirteen for Rioli???

Farken LOL.

Houston sounds like he'll entertain every Vic club as a destination before plummeting down to us.

I'm convinced the flattering media talk about us was just trying to get Houston to nominate us so Port could prise out our F1.

Fortunately I don't rate him nearly as high as half this board and certainly not at some of the valuations being thrown around.

You need genuine buy-in. It's very rare a player gets railroaded into a trade and it works out well.

He's met with us, knows our direction and hasn't enthusiastically nominated us. Move on.

"The deal should go through today, We have pick 67 on the table for Jack (Darling). Just waiting to hear back from West Coast." - Brady Rawlings, North Melbourne List Manager

"Nothing at this stage. We'll sit down with the Swans today and start discussions. We want experience in but we don't want to dilute our draft hand."- Brady Rawlings on Luke Parker

"We are waiting on an answer from Caleb Daniel, he has plenty to think about. We think we can provide him with an ideal playing position." - Brady Rawlings, North Melbourne List Manager

"We'd like to be in the race. We have some good currency.""Our future 1st is definitely on the table."- Brady Rawlings on Dan Houston

"We would entertain a slide on pick 2, not a big slide perhaps within two or three spots. It would have to be a good deal." - Brady Rawlings, North Melbourne List Manager

"We'd like to be in the race. We have some good currency.""Our future 1st is definitely on the table."- Brady Rawlings on Dan Houston

"We would entertain a slide on pick 2, not a big slide perhaps within two or three spots. It would have to be a good deal." - Brady Rawlings, North Melbourne List Manager

'We'd like to be in the race' is embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back