List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone listen to Rawlings interview? It was an absolute train wreck…
How so? Just said the obvious didn’t he?

His delivery never screams confidence or charisma I’ll give you that

-pick 67 for darling should be done shortly
-Will meet swans to work out Parker deal
-Waiting on Caleb Daniel to confirm if he is interested in coming over
open to splitting 2 but needs to be with a few spots to slide back
-Waiting on LDU management to start contract negotiations
-Future first on the table either for Houston or to get another high pick in this draft

Only thing I don’t like is the future first being up for grabs, should be holding that likely top 6 pick to either draft or trade next year

Rawlings not very confident on LDU. Do not expect to see him sign before the end of the season. Gonna have another Zurhaar situation.

Nobody expects LDU to sign before the end of the season. It's been stated pretty specifically he has no interest in leaving and will look at his contract in 2025. No revelations here.

Andy Brayshaw has had significant interest from St Kilda and North Melbourne - but has remained focused and committed to a future with @freodockers. A significant contract extension likely to be worked through in coming weeks.

Last edited:

Darling deal almost done; LDU contract a tougher task​

By Jon Pierik​

Kangaroos recruiting boss Brady Rawlings said he expects the deal for Jack Darling to be done today, but says more discussions are needed before Luke Davies-Uniacke signs a fresh contract.

“We have [pick] 67 on the table. We are waiting for the Eagles … but we expect it to get done today,” Rawlings said of Eagles premiership forward Jack Darling.

Rawlings also said there is work to be done with the Swans before veteran Luke Parker heads to Arden St. The Kangaroos may try and get a deal done for their other fourth-rounder, No.61.

“We want to bring in experience, but don’t want to dilute our draft hand,” Rawlings said.

The Kangaroos are waiting for Western Bulldogs’ playmaker Caleb Daniel to make a call on his future.

The Kangaroos have met with wantaway Power star Dan Houston, and are willing to cede a future first round selection, in what could be a three-club trade.

“We would like to be in the race … it’s going to come down to who can satisfy the Power,” Rawlings said.

Meanwhile, the Kangaroos hope to sign midfield bull Luke Davies-Uniacke to a long-term contract, but there is much still to do. Davies-Uniacke is a free agent next year.

“We have, obviously, had discussions for a while … hopefully, we can pick up those discussions soon,” he said.
“We’ll be dictated by his timing.”

Gold Coast is confident Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder for top five pick Jack Lukosius given the club has committed to him on a six-year deal.

The Power and Suns have had constructive dialogue on Lukosius’ future and those discussions are expected to advance in coming days.

Lukosius chose the Power over Adelaide on a deal of up to a million dollars a season.

Suns list boss Craig Cameron said on Monday he expected smooth progress on the trade.
How many f1 have the tarpies traded now?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houston - Probably not in it.
Daniel - Still weighing up
Parker - Sydney are haggling and will drag it into next week.
Darling - Should be done today
Konstanty - Maybe Carlton bound.

-Future first on the table either for Houston or to get another high pick in this draft

Only thing I don’t like is the future first being up for grabs, should be holding that likely top 6 pick to either draft or trade next year
I'd say us getting Houston would be very unlikely based on what he said.

Nostra the voice of reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"As we have said for the last few days we are open to do a deal on Dan but it needs to be right for the club. Dan understands the club that wins his services has to satisfy us." - Chris Davies, Port Adelaide GM of Footy

"Clubs have started to come to us. We want a good deal, better than a fair for a player that is a two-time All-Australian."- Chris Davies on Dan Houston

Houston - Probably not in it.
Daniel - Still weighing up
Parker - Sydney are haggling and will drag it into next week.
Darling - Should be done today
Konstanty - Maybe Carlton bound.
Imagine haggling over a bloke who has given you 290+ games with all the freebies them choking campaigners get...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houston sounds like he'll entertain every Vic club as a destination before plummeting down to us.

I'm convinced the flattering media talk about us was just trying to get Houston to nominate us so Port could prise out our F1.

Fortunately I don't rate him nearly as high as half this board and certainly not at some of the valuations being thrown around.

You need genuine buy-in. It's very rare a player gets railroaded into a trade and it works out well.

He's met with us, knows our direction and hasn't enthusiastically nominated us. Move on.

He has met with Carlton too and hasn't enthusiastically nominate them either....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What exactly are they swooping in with?

I can't see how they get what they want from the Noble trade.

I'm not even sure what Carlton will do either. Even if they get the GC pick they'll spend what they need to add to an eventual pick 14-15 what they spent on it. I have no doubt Port are watching these teams battle for the GC pick knowing they won't satisfy.

Gold Coast is confident Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder for top five pick Jack Lukosius given the club has committed to him on a six-year deal.

The Power and Suns have had constructive dialogue on Lukosius’ future and those discussions are expected to advance in coming days.

Lukosius chose the Power over Adelaide on a deal of up to a million dollars a season.

Suns list boss Craig Cameron said on Monday he expected smooth progress on the trade.

How many years since Port have had a first round draft pick that they have used? What are the rules there?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back