List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Tyson Stengle considered a free agent when he comes out of any contract due to being a delisted free agent at one point? - if so we should through a big contract his way if he doesn’t have to be traded for.

I’m not across the stengle stuff. Why is all of a sudden gettable? Out of contract I understand, but surely he’s a required player down at whiskas stadium and they’ll give him 3 farms to keep him?

Jarrod Berry is the better option
✅ is a free agent so costs nothing
✅ Can tag, ply inside mid or high half forward, even spent time on a wing last year
✅ is a mature body but younger than those options so offers longer term value
✅ Will find himself on the outer when the 2 Ashcroft boys enter the team next year to combine with Neale, mcluggage and Dunkley
Would love him at North but believe he is way to good a player to find himself on the outer at the lions even with the players you mentioned.

I’m not across the stengle stuff. Why is all of a sudden gettable? Out of contract I understand, but surely he’s a required player down at whiskas stadium and they’ll give him 3 farms to keep him?
Your pretty much spot on Disco Dew, BUT Geelong like Richmond are finished, they won't be contending for quite a while, they have had their run and Tyson is a premiership player AND HE HAS EXPERIENCE something we are looking for and in that age bracket that is perfect for us, and we know how dangerous he is around goal, interesting times.

Is Tyson Stengle considered a free agent when he comes out of any contract due to being a delisted free agent at one point? - if so we should through a big contract his way if he doesn’t have to be traded for.

There is no chance that he ends up at North. Managed by Bett’s wife, which is laughable in itself, and we all know what that rat Betts thinks of our Clarko.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Your pretty much spot on Disco Dew, BUT Geelong like Richmond are finished, they won't be contending for quite a while, they have had their run and Tyson is a premiership player AND HE HAS EXPERIENCE something we are looking for and in that age bracket that is perfect for us, and we know how dangerous he is around goal, interesting times.
I ****ing want him mate. Throw the fattest contract possible at him.

The cost of someone who could perform say, 70% of Stengle's production - is about 90% less than what he'd demand to end up at North.

This sort of stuff is where using fairly basic logic should lead our club to make a clear decision.

In other words, let another club pay a Stengle a bazillion for no particular reason.

The cost of someone who could perform say, 70% of Stengle's production - is about 90% less than what he'd demand to end up at North.

This sort of stuff is where using fairly basic logic should lead our club to make a clear decision.

In other words, let another club pay a Stengle a bazillion for no particular reason.
I’m taking the extra 30% production by Stengle in our foward line any day - we already have the B graders, time for some class. We’ve got the cap space, we have to spend it, easy decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the Cats will only go as high as $700k per season for Stengle and other clubs might offer around $850K per season so if thats the case he will leave. It just depends on which club wants him the most to offer that sort of money..

I can't believe the over-the-top Stengle love here. He's had one good season and it was off the back of having Cameron, Hawkins, Meiers and Close in the same forward line and each of them having a great season.

Not doubting his talent, but he'd struggle to produce it in our forward line.

Is Brad Close gettable? A far better fit.

Clarko's interview on talking footy last night suggested we won't be getting any free agents. He was pretty adamant that we'd struggle to build the list that way. Didn't fill me with much confidence that we'll be getting anyone of note this year.
He's said that before but I wonder of he's foxing.

But isn’t that kind of the point? The forward line needs pieces to function properly, a player like stengle is one of those pieces

My point is that he needs a forward line full of talented players going at their best. Cherry on top type of player.

Has he had even an average season, output-wise, other than the premiership year?

I ****ing want him mate. Throw the fattest contract possible at him.
I would be offering him more, you have to, to get players like this to a bottom club and its 2024, so like many people on lots of clubs boards saying "crazy no way is he worth ********* ", remember Ben Mackay, and there are others, you have to pay the ferryman or your not going to get to the other side! The important question is, would he come?

I can't believe the over-the-top Stengle love here. He's had one good season and it was off the back of having Cameron, Hawkins, Meiers and Close in the same forward line and each of them having a great season.

Not doubting his talent, but he'd struggle to produce it in our forward line.

Is Brad Close gettable? A far better fit.
He's having a similar year to 2022 this year.

Really? I perceived he was down from that level. If not, I stand corrected.
He's averaging half a disposal less per game, half a tackle less and has kicked about half as many goals (27 vs 53 in 2022) as he did in 2022 at the halfway point of the year, so almost exactly the same output as 2022. He's already kicked as many goals this year as he did last year.

When I've watched Geelong play he looks good and involved.

And on the crucial AA selection qualification he's had one less goal assists at the halfway point of this year as he had in both the last two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back