List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They traded a R2 & a F1 for Schultz

That would be the starting point for a fairly similarly rated player over the last few years.

Given what is on the line for us for some PA salary differences, I’d say we would make it completely open we will be absolutely unreasonable if it goes to a trade.

I.e 2 x R1 picks as the asking price.

So determine what two R1 picks are worth PA in their TPP to avoid any trade.

Most list managers would buy 2 x R1 picks for $100-$200k in TPP space
I like Zurhaar but to end up with 2 top 4 picks for a third year running would be epic.
I could live with that.

Or Lalor.....

We aren't trading our top pick for SDK obviously.

If they receive Band 1 for Stengle which is probably a more than possible probability, they may have something like Pick 8 & 9 as well as SDK.

Unless it's a strategy to trade down the order by the club and up by Geelong to get FOS or Lalor.

It really depends on where we finish and who they are targeting as our pick might not be enough to secure FOS.

I'd accept a deal like Pick 2 + 21 for 8 , 9 , SDK.

I'd have a R2 or F2 on the table for SDK on his own. Nothing more.

It's always been assumed 1 of those likely R1 picks was going to go to the Dogs for Bailey Smith also.
Do Geelong even get compensated for Stengle if he departs? Doesn’t he still come under delisted free agent status?

If I was an opposition club trying to lure zoohaar I’d have an above average base salary but then load up on bonuses for kicking heaps of snags etc. assuming he was listening/interested in moving.
Would that then lower the compensation pick because the guaranteed salary is only above average?

If I was an opposition club trying to lure zoohaar I’d have an above average base salary but then load up on bonuses for kicking heaps of snags etc. assuming he was listening/interested in moving.
Would that then lower the compensation pick because the guaranteed salary is only above average
How far above average?
No player is signing a contract for just above average with incentives/kpis in the prime of their career lol

Would that then lower the compensation pick because the guaranteed salary is only above average?

IT would lower it.

But it would mean we match it and make them cough up their own draft capital rather than picks invented from fresh air by the AFL

I'd do it for our second rounder plus a bit. Doubt the cats would.
1 for 8+9+ SDK might be interesting.
Depends what's available in the draft at that point.
But once again I doubt the cats go for it.
It's only really plausible if comben moves forward.
Seems very unlikely I reckon
The fact you think the Cats would offer two top 10 picks and a young, tall, emerging best 22 player for pick 1 is the least plausible part of this proposed trade.

The fact you think the Cats would offer two top 10 picks and a young, tall, emerging best 22 player for pick 1 is the least plausible part of this proposed trade.

Hang on hang on, i saw this on twitter and thought it was a hoax.

Let's say this is true and cats are offloading sdk in order to get finn, we would be stupid to not trade.

If they want pick 1, we trade it for sdk plus geelong's 2024 first plus future first.

But of course, tigs want smilie, we trade pick 1 for tigs' pick 2 plus 2nd plus future first.

We than trade pick 2 for sdk plus geelong's first plus future second.

If it is the case, we would be stupid not to take it.

Koning would slot straight into fullback to allow comben to be chf, logue 3rd tall.

Or Lalor.....

We aren't trading our top pick for SDK obviously.

If they receive Band 1 for Stengle which is probably a more than possible probability, they may have something like Pick 8 & 9 as well as SDK.

Unless it's a strategy to trade down the order by the club and up by Geelong to get FOS or Lalor.

It really depends on where we finish and who they are targeting as our pick might not be enough to secure FOS.

I'd accept a deal like Pick 2 + 21 for 8 , 9 , SDK.

I'd have a R2 or F2 on the table for SDK on his own. Nothing more.

It's always been assumed 1 of those likely R1 picks was going to go to the Dogs for Bailey Smith also.
SDK, 8, 9 for 1, 19*

*more than likely pick 25.

Pick J. Whitlock + Kako.

Play SDK as a ruck/forward over the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koning would slot straight into fullback to allow comben to be chf, logue 3rd tall.

He said it was a terrible deal for Geelong, so of course we would take it.

But it's a terrible deal for Geelong, so they wouldn't offer it.

Is this clear enough?

His tat sleeve will be nicely rounded out at Collingwood.

I was just about to inquire about the legitamacy of this one...

If it's 6 years then with the $$$ per year, definitely band 1 compo.

Man, pick 3 for mckay had many calling bs on the free agency, imaging getting possible pick 2 or 3 for zooooohaaaaa...

I was just about to inquire about the legitamacy of this one...

If it's 6 years then with the $$$ per year, definitely band 1 compo.

Man, pick 3 for mckay had many calling bs on the free agency, imaging getting possible pick 2 or 3 for zooooohaaaaa...
It’s how the system is supposed to work. It is barely compensation considering our situation where our list, bereft of experience will take further cuts to its average games played.

Whilst I want to keep Zurhaar, you set the price and don't overpay for the role, if he goes he goes.
I suspect he stays and just wants to maximise his money if he has designs on opening a restaurant space post footy or perhaps he misses his family in WA. We've got a bit of a log jam at half forward though.
A mix of Larkey/Teakle/Duursma/Ford/Curtis and another forward (RHJ/Payne/Harvey or Kako/Berry/Champion/Bradley in draft) might be more balanced if that's how it shakes out.
Match and trade for a mid/late 1st or F1 in value and get a key position or pressure forward. Freo would be ideal.

It’s how the system is supposed to work. It is barely compensation considering our situation where our list, bereft of experience will take further cuts to its average games played.

For zoohaaa, i take the hit.

In terms of experience, there are plenty of ways to compensate for that by recruiting the likes shiel, tucker, greenwood.

Under clarkson, experienced players are not there to lead but to support to fill a gap.

The key is to get the experience into the existing batch from top end to the midtier types.

If pies offering 6, that's fantastic, we grab another top 3 pick and run, we may do some splitting this year and use a later pick to grab a relevant player with some experience e.g. seb ross, someone who is highly experienced but in a supporting role to facilitate the youngsters to thrive.

I think if we can con Koning out of the cats for a third or fourth rounder, these picks will come in with FS and academy bids, one must remember.

I'd set up like the below

CCJ Larkey Pink
Comben Koning Teakle.

Then tell them to handball . handball and handball, catch the comp of guard.

as we say, " good call".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back