List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd rather him spend his career at WC than *.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I cannot see how * could get a deal done.

Let's set the bar at 3 firsts that they would need to come by. Including at least 1 (but probably 2) in the top 5.

I don't know how they get their with their current picks.

FWIW I think west coast will pay him close enough to what he wants. While I am doubtful that he will be an eagle for life, I think he will be until he is a free agent.

Let's set the bar at 3 firsts that they would need to come by. Including at least 1 (but probably 2) in the top 5.

FWIW I think west coast will pay him close enough to what he wants. While I am doubtful that he will be an eagle for life, I think he will be until he is a free agent.
If he was to fall into the preseason draft with that price on his head, would you pay it?

All l would like to see from North is :
"IF" at some stage Barass wants to leave then l want to see North make a play for him eventhough he most likely wont come to us.
"IF" Cam decides he still want out then try doing a trade for Barass.
"IF" Reid decides he wants to come home at some stage l want us to be a competitor in the chase to get him.

Now? No.

We have enough talent that will be eating our cap.
Alternatively posesion is 9 tenths of the law, Collingwood didnt have much troubles pruning out excess talent when they hit the cap and won a flag on the back of it. You sort of have controll of the levers even if you are over committed. The danger of course is if you find yourself weighed down with spuds no one wants like we were recently.

Now? No.

We have enough talent that will be eating our cap.
I'd do it to shit *
and yes I base all salary cap decision on spite.
Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Alternatively posesion is 9 tenths of the law, Collingwood didnt have much troubles pruning out excess talent when they hit the cap and won a flag on the back of it. You sort of have controll of the levers even if you are over committed. The danger of course is if you find yourself weighed down with spuds no one wants like we were recently.
The issue with Reid is the hype has inflated his value to stupid levels.

$1.8mil is over 10% of the cap ... on one player. LDU and Wardlaw will demand big money in future, maybe Kerch too. Duursma has potential to be in that range too, albeit off a very limited showing so far.

We have four good players signed up long term, only one probably demands huge money in future (Sheeze) but the core of our midfield is still unsigned long term. In three years time Chom will most likely be getting big offers too.

No Chase got $800Kpa, is Reid worth a million bucks a year more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$1.8mil is over 10% of the cap ... on one player. LDU and Wardlaw will demand big money in future, maybe Kerch too. Duursma has potential to be in that range too, albeit off a very limited showing so far.

We have four good players signed up long term, only one probably demands huge money in future (Sheeze) but the core of our midfield is still unsigned long term. In three years time Chom will most likely be getting big offers too.

No Chase got $800Kpa, is Reid worth a million bucks a year more?
100% agree with this,
Although the eagles have the benefit of time. hopefully he sticks around for three years and teams will have a lot more evidence to base it off.
but a ten year deal, without having to trade, for one of the games rising stars, could end up being a massive bargain in the long run. blowing cap and draft picks could lead you to the wilderness.

More to the point, unless he states a desire to play for us, I'd rather him stay where he is.

If he was to fall into the preseason draft with that price on his head, would you pay it?
18m x 10?

I really don't know enough about how the salary cap is structured or the increases to it and how it could be structured. But my feel (which is pretty meaningless) we would probably end up with an issue where we have too many wanting too much.

Era sides are full of players who put their full worth to the side for a bit in pursuit of team glory. I think it would be kinda hard to do that when taking someone at that sort of level.

More to the point, unless he states a desire to play for us, I'd rather him stay where he is.

Our chance was last year. That is gone.

Doubt we will never be the most attractive offer on the table for him.

But agree I would prefer he remain an eagle. Their age profile is a mess and it will take years to unpick the issues they created by selling as much as they did for Kelly.

The other issue with Reid, is that if he does sign a 1 year extension, the West Coast (senior) list will be absolutely gutted by the end of it.

Which will be just in time for compromised drafts.

Has this been raised before regarding Scott? That's a pretty incredible statement. Who wrote it?

The club not "being rushed" on a new contract offer (despite having mountains of cap room) can only mean a few things.

- Bailey's manager is asking for overs, or there is a big gap in expectation. It would seem based on that article the club hasn't even offered him a new deal yet for it to be rejected though.

- It can't be list spots etc. He's not a candidate for delisting and there's 10 others that would come before him.

It must mean one of the following then:

- The club want to lowball him to an extent and don't deem him worthy of a long deal/large wage.

Or

- The club must be shopping him. Maybe with the view with McKercher, Duursma and maybe another mid this year, there's an honest conversation had/to be had about his long term future?

- By extension, Bailey wants to explore his options?

- Or both?

Anyway, a fairly big development for a senior player of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back