List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He was ****en great. Was primed to play against Chom and did well for the first half.

He's exactly what we need to support Larkey imo. Big strong contested unit. Of course this is based off one game cos I've never really taken much notice of him.
He didn't hurt us much on the scoreboard for his 'one per season' game.

And correct me if im wrong, didn't the commentators suspect he went off with an Achilles? Not looked at injury status since.

And correct me if im wrong, didn't the commentators suspect he went off with an Achilles? Not looked at injury status since.
Well scrap that plan then.

If the talk is correct about us offering pick 2 to the right established player (ie, already 2 years in the system by the end of this season) and Cadman is one of these, who else would be a realistic target in our sights?
I'm presuming it will be a KPF or possibly a KPB....

Adelaide have Fogarty and Thilthorpe coming out of contract end of next year.

Would Fogarty become a FA?

Who are the other tall pre agents around? Balta, Oscar Allen any others?

Going to be close to impossible to shake someone out.

Both crows being a local lads would be hard to move id think.

Both crows being a local lads would be hard to move id think.

Agree, they have Welsh coming in as well.
Gollant might be a cheap option, he’s an upgrade on Pink.

Will Dawson is an interesting one could he play forward, he did play forward at under 18 level early in the year for memory?

I highly doubt we entice an interstate player here. It's more likely to be a player who wants to come home to Victoria.

Fog and Stilts are from SA
Allen from WA.

B King
Cadman
Marshall
Treacy
Riccardi

I doubt we can entice anyone of them tbh

How has Sam Weideman been travelling in the VFL? Lol

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I highly doubt we entice an interstate player here. It's more likely to be a player who wants to come home to Victoria.

Fog and Stilts are from SA
Allen from WA.

B King
Cadman
Marshall
Treacy
Riccardi

I doubt we can entice anyone of them tbh

How has Sam Weideman been travelling in the VFL? Lol

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Treacy’s a gun. Has surprised everyone with his year, perhaps including Freo’s bean counters. Worth a crack.

If the talk is correct about us offering pick 2 to the right established player (ie, already 2 years in the system by the end of this season) and Cadman is one of these, who else would be a realistic target in our sights?
I'm presuming it will be a KPF or possibly a KPB....

I agree, we should be dangling our 1st round pick (pick 1/2/3 whatever it ends up being) for a marking forward. Doesn't necessarily need to be a big tall gorilla #1 KPF. A good medium marking forward would also work just fine.

I'm really not sure who we should target and how feasible it would be... but the blueprint is pretty clear I reckon.

Definitely getting dejavu with every year around this time. There isn’t a star KPF that is going to magically appear for us to part with our first pick. Sorry to break it to you.

12 months ago our key defensive stocks were going to be the worst in AFL history. Now Logues back from injury and we have the luxury of easing him back given how well Chom, Corr and K.Dawson are going. Haven’t even needed Biggie, or Pink to play there anymore. W.Dawson showed some excellent signs & is going to be a monster. Oh and we are a good chance to draft Trainor.

A lot can change in 12 months. Address it like we did KPD’s last year. Get what we can relatively cheap (trade, state league). Invest in a couple over the next couple drafts. Go after a star when we are a genuine contender.

You'd think that something's gotta give with the dogs KPPs. That's a situation to watch. GWS, too.

Otherwise, maybe we fill the roll internally and draft a developing guy for a few years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, it was Max King, now Cadman. While we’re on the topic of players who won’t be coming to us, why don’t we try to pry Curnow and McKay out of Carlton? They have a salary cap squeeze going on, don’t ya know.

Speaking of the apparent Carlton Salary Cap squeeze; any VFL watchers seen much of Harry Lemmey as a KPF?

Is out of contract end of 2025 and will be stuck behind Curnow and McKay for the foreseeable future?

After a couple of development years, might be one that’s ready to take the next step and would get greater opportunity with us than Carlton?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's cause he pulled up with no one around him... to be fair the point he snapped was easily gettable and he had another shot fall short or was it out on the full, defin could have hit us harder fort for us he didn't

Yep and someone else mentioned to get one in FA but is only battle left there too isn't threre as a tall... either way I'd be still grabbing one in the draft to be pushing

You'd think that something's gotta give with the dogs KPPs. That's a situation to watch. GWS, too.

Otherwise, maybe we fill the roll internally and draft a developing guy for a few years time.

Btw them their talks kicked 2 pts against port! How is Croft going although would he leave given I can't understand him taking it up in first place?

Think i dubbed him casboult like after the game, mitts were terrific set shot kicking not so much. He is the sort of player who is more effective when you bomb it in, souvas contested barks were sll running off a player into space. I would prefer option 2 than bombing it in but when pressured sometimes a dump kick is what you get, need to be able to offensively capitalise from both. Teakle is showing huge signs he could be that option but from a low sample presently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back