Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2044911
Our uncontacted guys.
Most likely our delisted come from these
There are 5 obvious ones to go greenwood, tarryn, shiels, Free and RHJ

2 senior list and 3 rookies

After that it’s tougher but I dont expect much more other than another senior listed player (pink) and maybe another rookie if we decide we want to pick a new rookie (Drury)

Plus as mentioned we have a free senior list spot as started with 37 on senior list instead of 38

Then there’s what bailey and zurhaar decide to do

None of that differs to what I just wrote

We started with 37-7 as we were allowed 2 extra then got 2 extra rookies msd
37-9

Can go to 38-6

Cull 4 rookies (RHJ, shiels, Drury, Free) keep the rest and maybe upgrade dawson

Delist pink and greenwood, Tt gone brings senior list to 34 and allows 4 players to senior list between trade and draft and a free rookie spot

I have a feeling I’m going to have to spell out our list situation multiple times between now and years end

Mods pls pin this post

No need to pin any of your posts. You always repeat yourself on every page anyway.

You just aren't really as important as you think you are.

Delist
-Thomas
-Harvey (but rookie him for 2025)
-Taylor
-Lazzaro
-Drury (r)
-Sellers (r)
-Hansen Jr (r)
-Free (r)

Retire
-Greenwood

New deal
-Zurhaar if he doesn’t leave
-Phillips
-Ford
-Scott
-Pink
-Shiels (r) if he wants to go round again
-Maley (r)

So all in all 8-10 list changes.

Just to add. Would also pay out Stephenson, CCJ and Biggie with a year to go on their contracts but that’s just me.

Delist
-Thomas
-Taylor
-Lazzaro
-Drury (r)
-Sellers (r)
-Hansen Jr (r)
-Free (r)

Retire
-Greenwood

New deal
-Phillips
-Ford
-Scott
-Pink
-Maley (r)

Just to add. Would also pay out Stephenson, CCJ and Biggie with a year to go on their contracts but that’s just me.
Largely agree. I still want to hold out hope for RHJ as that nearly five goal performance was promising.

Feels rough on Drury because the work ethic is definitely there, but at this point it does seem unlikely that he'll stamp his name with authority on any on-field position over the next couple months.

Delist
-Thomas
-Taylor
-Lazzaro
-Drury (r)
-Sellers (r)
-Hansen Jr (r)
-Free (r)

Retire
-Greenwood

New deal
-Phillips
-Ford
-Scott
-Pink
-Maley (r)

Reckon one of either Drury or Lazz get another year - can't see either of them getting a seniors spot though.

CT a bit stiff, been okay but okay isn't the standard we need.

If I see Biggie or CCJ in the seniors again, I think I might be sick.

Largely agree. I still want to hold out hope for RHJ as that nearly five goal performance was promising.

Feels rough on Drury because the work ethic is definitely there, but at this point it does seem unlikely that he'll stamp his name with authority on any on-field position over the next couple months.
The murmurings around home sickness for Bobby and the fact he hasn’t cracked a game this year doesn’t hold well for him.
Drury is just going to find himself stuck in no man’s land. Good enough for VFL level but what’s his point of difference in the seniors? If we retain our extra rookie spots then yeh keep him on.
Reckon one of either Drury or Lazz get another year - can't see either of them getting a seniors spot though.

CT a bit stiff, been okay but okay isn't the standard we need.

If I see Biggie or CCJ in the seniors again, I think I might be sick.
Lazzaro had his chances and didn’t take them. I think he’s done.
He’d be nice to keep on in the VFL side but we can put a line through him.

CT just need to make every post a winner - including when starting sub and impacting games. Worst time of the year to lose form and find yourself out of the side and out of contract. That could be the case in 4 hours time.

Taylor is worth a rookie contract but again, all depends if the AFL lets us keep our extra spots.

There are 5 obvious ones to go greenwood, tarryn, shiels, Free and RHJ

2 senior list and 3 rookies

After that it’s tougher but I dont expect much more other than another senior listed player (pink) and maybe another rookie if we decide we want to pick a new rookie (Drury)

Plus as mentioned we have a free senior list spot as started with 37 on senior list instead of 38

Then there’s what bailey and zurhaar decide to do
If RHJ can finish off strong we should be keeping him. You can literally see him growing before our eyes, and could very well be that small zippy forward we've been looking for.

The murmurings around home sickness for Bobby and the fact he hasn’t cracked a game this year doesn’t hold well for him.
Drury is just going to find himself stuck in no man’s land. Good enough for VFL level but what’s his point of difference in the seniors? If we retain our extra rookie spots then yeh keep him on.

Lazzaro had his chances and didn’t take them. I think he’s done.
He’d be nice to keep on in the VFL side but we can put a line through him.

CT just need to make every post a winner - including when starting sub and impacting games. Worst time of the year to lose form and find yourself out of the side and out of contract. That could be the case in 4 hours time.

Taylor is worth a rookie contract but again, all depends if the AFL lets us keep our extra spots.
So in other words WC are into him. He's close to being a player, as i said if he finishes off strong we should be keeping him and encouraging him to hang around.

I tried this six weeks ago and thought we would delist Jackson Archer. Since then, he has been channeling his old man and re-signed for two years.

Out of contract for 2025

Zurhaar - 5 years
Scott - 2 years (will take him to free agency)
Taylor - 1 year
Harvey - 1 year
Phillips - 1 year (or trade if he wants out)
Greenwood - Retire
Thomas - Delist
Pink - Delist
Lazzaro - Delist
Drury (R) - Delist
Free (R) - Delist
Sellers (R) - Delist
Shiels (R) - Retire
RHJ (R) - 1 year
Maley (R) - 1 year

Signed for 2025 but also in some danger

Biggie - Possibly Delist and payout or rookie
Stevo - Possibly Delist and payout or rookie
CCJ - Possibly Delist and rookie

It looks like a deep draft and I think that we should try and take four kids. The eight out above would give us four free list spots. Unlike most on here, I’m assuming we will lose our extra two rookie list places. One of the reasons we were given them was to allow us to rookie list experienced players. With these players all likely to be gone, I don’t think the spots are as easy to justify.

I tried this six weeks ago and thought we would delist Jackson Archer. Since then, he has been channeling his old man and re-signed for two years.

Out of contract for 2025

Zurhaar - 5 years
Taylor - 1 year
Harvey - 1 year
Greenwood - Retire
Thomas - Delist
Pink - Delist
Lazzaro - Delist
Drury (R) - Delist
Free (R) - Delist
Sellers (R) - Delist
Shiels (R) - Retire
RHJ (R) - 1 year
Maley (R) - 1 year

It looks like a deep draft and I think that we should try and take four kids. The eight out above would give us four free list spots. Unlike most on here, I’m assuming we will lose our extra two rookie list places. One of the reasons we were given them was to allow us to rookie list experienced players. With these players all likely to be gone, I don’t think the spots are as easy to justify.
Agree with alot of that. I'd be okay with pink being rookied. God damn Stevo is a fall from grace, loved him in his draft year, won the rising star and set to be delisted in his prime. What a massive disappointment, didn't cost us much but I really thought we'd stolen a talent from the pies. Taylor lucky to get another year, plays a role that we don't have depth in. Finbar is super impressive, had a shocker on the weekend but the kid can play, has great mitts and looks a good learner, his set shot has improved throughout the year. Hamish has been really unlucky with his injuries, as soon as he strings a couple of good performances together he cops a setback.

So in other words WC are into him. He's close to being a player, as i said if he finishes off strong we should be keeping him and encouraging him to hang around.
He's been alot better the last 3 weeks or so. Still lacks alot of intensity, I hope he stays and commits fully, he's shown a shitload more than mahony, spicer, narrier in the last few games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist
-Thomas
-Taylor
-Lazzaro
-Drury (r)
-Sellers (r)
-Hansen Jr (r)
-Free (r)

Retire
-Greenwood

New deal
-Phillips
-Ford
-Scott
-Pink
-Maley (r)

that would put us on the front foot with IMO only cat stephens being baggage going forward, hoping he at least can prove me wrong.

Out of contract for 2025

Zurhaar - 5 years
Taylor - 1 year
Harvey - 1 year
Greenwood - Retire
Thomas - Delist
Pink - Delist
Lazzaro - Delist
Drury (R) - Delist
Free (R) - Delist
Sellers (R) - Delist
Shiels (R) - Retire
RHJ (R) - 1 year
Maley (R) - 1 year

very important to get as many bites of the apple going forward before tassie come on the scene, cant afford to be carrying busts like the axis of ordinary in ccj, sleevo and biggie.

Delist
-Thomas
-Taylor
-Lazzaro
-Drury (r)
-Sellers (r)
-Hansen Jr (r)
-Free (r)

Retire
-Greenwood

New deal
-Phillips
-Ford
-Scott
-Pink
-Maley (r)

Pretty much exactly what I’d do.

Except I’d keep RHJ and retire Shiels.

Out of contract for 2025

Zurhaar - 5 years
Taylor - 1 year
Harvey - 1 year
Greenwood - Retire
Thomas - Delist
Pink - Delist
Lazzaro - Delist
Drury (R) - Delist
Free (R) - Delist
Sellers (R) - Delist
Shiels (R) - Retire
RHJ (R) - 1 year
Maley (R) - 1 year

Well said re Archer I was the same and I'm also very happy to have been wrong.

I am struggling to see easy delistings now. Well besides a couple of rookies, a couple of retirements and 3 blokes that for some reason have contracts for season 2025 & Lazz and Thomas.

So what do trades hold for us, Goad is an interesting one, if you believe that the Crows were going to draft him and internally we feel he's another 3/4 years off.
How do you keep a youngster for that period without him thinking life would be easier at home, and fair enough. He currently hasn't lost any value. And with Teakle , Xerri and Comben all falling from the sky, is Goad as important as we once thought.

Just a question :)

I am struggling to see easy delistings now. Well besides a couple of rookies, a couple of retirements and 3 blokes that for some reason have contracts for season 2025 & Lazz and Thomas.

So what do trades hold for us, Goad is an interesting one, if you believe that the Crows were going to draft him and internally we feel he's another 3/4 years off.
How do you keep a youngster for that period without him thinking life would be easier at home, and fair enough. He currently hasn't lost any value. And with Teakle , Xerri and Comben all falling from the sky, is Goad as important as we once thought.

Seems to be a tradition keeping a project tall, as long as there is just one I dont mind, goad better prospect than ccj and free and edwards and other past projects like ben mabon.

Delist
-Thomas
-Taylor
-Lazzaro
-Drury (r)
-Sellers (r)
-Hansen Jr (r)
-Free (r)

Retire
-Greenwood

New deal
-Phillips
-Ford
-Scott
-Pink
-Maley (r)

Paying those 3 out would be close to a million bucks. We can’t do that.

Hmmm..will I live long enough to see the big Gonad make his debut?

I like the thinking. Goad is going to take a long time to be useful, and will lose value until he either makes it or disappears. He could get us a pick we could use on one of the key forwards in this draft, but we don't have any other developing rucks. And only Free as back-up. Teakle looks okay as a fill-in forward, though I'm fairly convinced he has no ability at all as a ruck. If I had to guess, he will get delisted next year. Comben shouldn't ruck; he is a gun, but a brittle one. Maley? Anyway, I think we should wait another year and see how Goad develops.

Also. like what happened to Archer, I added Pink to my delist group yesterday. Today he gets another year. So it is perhaps best to ignore my opinion.

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back