List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but thank god we aint Hawthorn or id almost have to give up watching football. As it is im not sure how much more Hawthorn i can watch and its not their football skills.

The team isn't even in the 8 but doing secret hand shakes like 12yo boys, taking selfies like teenage girls, group selfies and drinking buckets loads of bath water on live TV.

I already avoid most social media because of the 'look at me' Zoomer culture and Hawthorn are full bath water mode on live TV.

I’d rather take that than watching Draper show how he dived on the ball earlier in the season post game v Crows. I wonder when he was down there whether he saw the Karma bus warming up re Fridays game

I just tend to think our list is better in the long run for a premiership tilt than them.
In the long run 5+ years I agree. On the proviso we make some smart trades and keep nailing our high picks we should have a really competitive team in a year or 2.

Why do you think that?
I'd say that there's two things that look good for us as future premiers...

- You might not need Bont, Dusty, Petracca, Daicos types to win premierships, but it really helps. We've got some good candidates to be that level of player. They're the hardest players to get without high draft picks.

- When Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma and our 2024 draft pick are coming into their primes, the likes of LDU, Larkey, Xerri and Comben will probably still be in theirs. So we'll have a nice peak.

Why do you think that?
I just think our young players are jelling together very well they have a fair bit more ability and class than the Hawks Their older players at the moment are better but once their older players move on i tend to think they will struggle were as us i think we have some real leaders in waiting for when our older players move on. I can see a few more of our young blokes really going to the next level quicker than the Hawks young players. Or maybe i am just bias

Must admit even to the most one eyed north fan (me) that the Hawks haven’t looked back since making Clarko make way for Mitchell.
Hopefully it turns out to be a win win for both clubs but right now Mitchell is heading to coach of the year status with a list that’s as young as ours but no where near the talent if you count draft pick pick selections.

Ross with all due respect one needs to delve a little to find that while someone may state our age demographic is similar, it's similar like night and day. When one considers the actual footballers in question

Yes Sicily & McDonald are the same age, no sure anyone would miss McDonald if he retired.
Yes Bruest and Shiels are also of similar vintage. As above :)
Then you've Dawson, Teakle and Pink , yeah all 25/26 they collectively have played 30 games.
Yes Tucker is 27, who here thinks he's got five years in him.
Then the Hawfs have Impey 29, Jaith, 25, Chol 28 . Amon 29, Frost 31, ( him and Corr that's about right)
Who are our equivalent to those I just mention.

As senior core consists of Simpkin, LDU, Fisher, Corr, Zurhaar, Larkey & Logue. Logue hasn't played for 12 months. Corr is 30 the next oldest is Simpkin 26.4 .

The likes of Scott, Taylor & Tucker are getting up there for games played but all are rather shite. I mean if we're being honest.

In closing the Hawfs senior core is much better than ours.

I just think our young players are jelling together very well they have a fair bit more ability and class than the Hawks Their older players at the moment are better but once their older players move on i tend to think they will struggle were as us i think we have some real leaders in waiting for when our older players move on. I can see a few more of our young blokes really going to the next level quicker than the Hawks young players. Or maybe i am just bias
Unfortunately I think you are biased. Don't get me wrong I agree that our list is the best it's been in over 20 years for a future flag, but that remains very much contingent on lots of other things going right.
However, I don't see any objective measure by which it's more likely than Hawks. Sicily would have been the only one in their best 10 players yesterday over 25, with most in that 21-23 age group. Their future success is also contingent of course, but less so than ours. They are basically a year or two ahead of us, and so far travelling in the right direction.

Unfortunately I think you are biased. Don't get me wrong I agree that our list is the best it's been in over 20 years for a future flag, but that remains very much contingent on lots of other things going right.
However, I don't see any objective measure by which it's more likely than Hawks. Sicily would have been the only one in their best 10 players yesterday over 25, with most in that 21-23 age group. Their future success is also contingent of course, but less so than ours. They are basically a year or two ahead of us, and so far travelling in the right direction.
Nash, Meek, Hardwick are all over 25 and we're amongst their best. Moore will be 25 in 2 weeks, also.

So as of let's say the start of next year as this one is coming to an end. Whose list would you prefer ours or theirs. Who do you think is more likely to win a premiership 1stus or them. and why.
Ours 100%
I’m just saying where we are at right now

I'd say that there's two things that look good for us as future premiers...

- You might not need Bont, Dusty, Petracca, Daicos types to win premierships, but it really helps. We've got some good candidates to be that level of player. They're the hardest players to get without high draft picks.

- When Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma and our 2024 draft pick are coming into their primes, the likes of LDU, Larkey, Xerri and Comben will probably still be in theirs. So we'll have a nice peak.

I think Duursma has a fair bit of work to do before we align his potential with Sheezel's, Wardlaw's and McKercher's. My God I hope he comes through though, we need him to fire.

Comparing our rebuild vs Hawks is a waste of time, in fact we’re incomparable to anyone past and present.

What club/players in the history of footy have been through a 5 year period of Coaching instability like this?..

View attachment 2054193
This list misses Shaw in 2019 as well. In three of those six years we've had two coaches!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one should show any emotion ever!!!
Nobody is saying they shouldn't, im not even saying im right in my assessment. Im just saying i (me), i dont finding watching adults drinking bath water entertaining. If they won a final, fine you achieved something go for it.

Guess im just an old school dude that thinks you're inviting a flipping Karma tsunami to sit you on your ass with excessive carry on. Perhaps its just a coincidence the same generation suffers the most mental health concerns as well.

Rowbottom was drafted in 2018 that's 5 full seasons (110 H&A games) plus 17 this year plus finals. Be low 130s
Bloody hell...that's what happens when you work for CrowdStrike..release things without checking - thank you!!

I have amended the chart/image in my previous post.

I'll amend my other related post - maybe combine it all

Nobody is saying they shouldn't, im not even saying im right in my assessment. Im just saying i (me), i dont finding watching adults drinking bath water entertaining. If they won a final, fine you achieved something go for it.

Guess im just an old school dude that thinks you're inviting a flipping Karma tsunami to sit you on your ass with excessive carry on. Perhaps its just a coincidence the same generation suffers the most mental health concerns as well.
I guess a big part of yesterday was how unexpected it was for them and the whole deal with Collingwood shafting Ginnivan, who imo was the player responsible for them making it to that GF last year. So they were celebrating that win not and rubbing it in to Collingwood which is kind of fair enough imo.

In many ways what happened yesterday was Collingwood copping the karma tsunami they deserved after shafting Ginnivan when he was so crucial in getting them into that GF. I never thought much of Ginnivan but during last years finals series he willed himself to contest and put his body fully on the line to win those contests and they stopped opposition momentum and in some cases started scoring chains that ended up in Collingwood winning games. It changed how I see him as a player.

I guess a big part of yesterday was how unexpected it was for them and the whole deal with Collingwood shafting Ginnivan, who imo was the player responsible for them making it to that GF last year. So they were celebrating that win not and rubbing it in to Collingwood which is kind of fair enough imo.

In many ways what happened yesterday was Collingwood copping the karma tsunami they deserved after shafting Ginnivan when he was so crucial in getting them into that GF. I never thought much of Ginnivan but during last years finals series he willed himself to contest and put his body fully on the line to win those contests and they stopped opposition momentum and in some cases started scoring chains that ended up in Collingwood winning games. It changed how I see him as a player.
Props to Ginnivan, I thought he was a one trick pony with the playing for frees thing.

He’s a much better footballer than that.

Props to Ginnivan, I thought he was a one trick pony with the playing for frees thing.

He’s a much better footballer than that.
Same ... but he is a very good footballer. I would have been very happy if we got him last year but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back