List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somone pointed out (apologies, forget who) that a pick around 20 will likely land the 3rd or 4th best KPF in the draft, so the odds of that player being useful are pretty good.

Georgiades at 18, Oscar Allen at 21, van Rooyen at 19 would seem to confirm the argument
Hence the angst when Brady handed one over for CCJ.

Must admit even to the most one eyed north fan (me) that the Hawks haven’t looked back since making Clarko make way for Mitchell.
Hopefully it turns out to be a win win for both clubs but right now Mitchell is heading to coach of the year status with a list that’s as young as ours but no where near the talent if you count draft pick pick selections.

Must admit even to the most one eyed north fan (me) that the Hawks haven’t looked back since making Clarko make way for Mitchell.
Hopefully it turns out to be a win win for both clubs but right now Mitchell is heading to coach of the year status with a list that’s as young as ours but no where near the talent if you count draft pick pick selections.
Sadly, true.

They suffered a couple of years but he's coached quite well. I think their older players are a level up for them over us but they're a good indicator on how to climb the ladder and we should hope our 2025 mirrors/exceeds their 2023.

Had great success with the MSD and with bargain picks.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I recall him saying it too.

He was sucked in by Hardwick's cheap sales talk and actually believed that Richmond wanted to keep him but in reality the tigers wouldn't have given a flying toss.

Hardwick probably whispered into his ear before the deal ‘don’t you ****ing forget the kebab incident, campaigner.’

Since 2019 we've done very well out of the second round.
Comben - tick
Perez - injury prone slider
Mahony - no
Lazzaro - not quite up to it
Spicer - no
Goater - promising, hopefully gets on the park
Curtis - good
Bergman - I like him but can't break through
George - injury prone slider

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So what's your conclusion.
If you take the Average Games Played by each played drafted since 2018 and the Average % of Total Possible Games played Per Player Since Being Drafted (whether the player is there or not), we've been the 5th equal 6th best team in selecting players in the second round against the criteria above (GC removed as they only selected 1 player since 2018!).

This doesn't judge if the players are superstars or role players selected in the 2nd round, just highlights how each team have made use of these 2nd round selections.

*Updated due to error in original formula.
1721543298844.png

Last edited:
I don't think that their list is as young as ours, and they also have a lot more production from their 25 and over players.

Good experienced players make life much much easier on a coach. It's like having a bunch of assistant coaches out there.

We're lead by some 19-20 year olds and some 23-25 year olds.

The Hawks are lead by their experienced players and a group of 23-25 year olds. Their really young players aren't under a lot of pressure to perform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you take the Average Games Played by each played drafted since 2018 and the Average % of Total Possible Games played Per Player Since Being Drafted (whether the player is there or not), we've been the 5th best team in selecting players in the second round against the criteria above (GC removed as they only selected 1 player in since 2018!).

This doesn't judge if the players are superstars or role players selected in the 2nd round, just highlights how each team have made use of these 2nd round selections.
View attachment 2053772
So all in all we have done pretty well compared to a lot of teams looking at that.

If you take the Average Games Played by each played drafted since 2018 and the Average % of Total Possible Games played Per Player Since Being Drafted (whether the player is there or not), we've been the 5th best team in selecting players in the second round against the criteria above (GC removed as they only selected 1 player in since 2018!).

View attachment 2053772
I think that we've done fine, but we've also played more sub-AFL level players than anyone in recent years

I don't think that their list is as young as ours, and they also have a lot more production from their 25 and over players.

Good experienced players make life much much easier on a coach. It's like having a bunch of assistant coaches out there.

The Hawks are lead by their experienced players and a group of 23-25 year olds. Their really young players aren't under a lot of pressure to perform.
in Hawthorn's best 6 players today one could be considered 'experienced' - Sicily.

But keep peddling the tired nonsense that every club has better more experienced players than us and that is the reason we are bottom 2. It's a nonsense argument not support by any facts in relation to the clubs we are supposedly in the same bracket as - Hawthorn, Gold Coast, * and Adelaide.

But if the more you say it the better it makes you feel then keep repeating it.

Didn’t Clarko put majority of their list together before he left?

All 2nd round picks since 2018. I've added a column of % of total possible games e.g if drafted in 2018, a player would have played 145 games if selected week in week out.
Melbourne, Sydney and surprisingly, Adelaide have 3 players who have played +50% of possible games since being drafted.

View attachment 2053626
Brayden George may yet be the pick of 2022. No one else putting their hands up. The kid just needs some luck.

in Hawthorn's best 6 players today one could be considered 'experienced' - Sicily.

But keep peddling the tired nonsense that every club has better more experienced players than us and that is the reason we are bottom 2. It's a nonsense argument not support by any facts in relation to the clubs we are supposedly in the same bracket as - Hawthorn, Gold Coast, * and Adelaide.

But if the more you say it the better it makes you feel then keep repeating it.
Name a club whose 150+ gamers you wouldn't swap ours for?

Edit : and I could drop that down to 120+ games and it looks even worse

Last edited:
He's doing a great job. Mind you I reckon their talent level is pretty good.

Let's be honest, Hawthorn haven't made too many bad football decisions over the passed 60 odd years.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not much in it really from an age demographic but they've put in more games to the 21-25yo players, even if l went 1 mth back when Larkey and Zurhaar were 25yr 11mths, the 24-25 av rose to 56.6 games.

However, correct the quality of their 29+ players vs ours is laughable - 4 x AA/AA40/Prem vs 1 x Prem (who came from Haw).

North Melbourne
Average Age: 23.22 (18th)
Average Games: 54.2 games (18th)
29+ yo Av Games: 189.2 (4 players)
26-28yo Av Games: 119.3 (6 players)
24-25yo Av Games: 46.3 (11 players)*
21-23yo Av Games: 29.5 (12 players)
18-20yo Av Games: 8.5 (12 players)
*TT numbers taken out
Hawthorn
Average Age: 23.28 (17th)
Average Games: 66.1 games (16th)
29+ yo Av Games: 213.5 games (6 players)
26-28yo Av Games: 112.5 games (4 players)
24-25yo Av Games: 74.3 games (9 players)
21-23yo Av Games: 34 (13 players)
18-20yo Av Games: 10.2 (13 players)

If you are to be critical, I think we've failed to reach any expectation in terms of this rebuild this year, sure there have been critical factors like the Clarko's distraction but to compare a Hawks 3rd year build vs a Norths 5th year ground zero rebuild to date is a bit harsh if not a unfair comparison.
Hawks, since we started our build, have finished with wins of 5,7,8,7 and currently 10 wins whilst we've struggled with 3,4,2,3 and currently on 2 wins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back