List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be a bit of spoilt by Larkey and a bit of Saints so who knows but I just don't know if I rate Max King that highly. Misses way too many absolute sitters to build an attack around by giving up valuable capital. I mean I'd take him obviously - at the right price though.

anyone mentioned Isaac Cumming from GWS? He was elite and building and damaging HB with good disposal in 21/22. Had a quiet year last year with ash and Whitfield taking a lot of those duties and has been out injured all year. Back for his first game this week.

Unrestricted free agent I believe and right in the wheelhouse of that 25/26 age bracket. Surely GWS ain’t offering him much. They are flush with options.

I'd happily offer him a decent 2/3 year deal. He has really good disposal and speed. The injuries are a bit of a concern but has shown he is a quality player when he has an extended run at it. Anyone that put pressure on McDonald is good in my opinion.

That's the missing piece for me. As long as Larkey is our number one forward target, we are in trouble.

Let's be real, disregard last year when GC tanked the last game and old mate kicked 9. His previous best year was 42.

2019: 26
2020: 14
2021: 42
2022: 38
2023: 71*
2024: 28

Need that player that averages 55-65 goals a year to give a premiership a real shake.

Interesting presentation of the 2024 season. Looks a little skewed.

Interesting presentation of the 2024 season. Looks a little skewed.

His projected tally would be 46:

28/14 = 2
2X9 = 18
18 +28 =46

So on track for his second best year ever.

there are a few considerations here
  • it assumes his current season form is how he plays out the year.
  • we are on the bottom and really not moving much. so there is some time probably to move the 15 or so gaols needed to put him in the 55-65 range.
  • Our forward line is clearly an area still in need of refinement. Teakle and Pink have been playing 2 of the towers there. As more quality comes into the forward line they will lift all forwards.

It might be a bit of spoilt by Larkey and a bit of Saints so who knows but I just don't know if I rate Max. King that highly. Misses way too many absolute sitters to build an attack around by giving up valuable capital. I mean I'd take him obviously - at the right price though.

I think that he has a fair bit of gravity in a forward 50. The fear of his marking tends to suck in the defenders and would create some voids for our guys to slide into. We've seen a bit of that by just putting a couple of mediocre talls near Larkey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be a bit of spoilt by Larkey and a bit of Saints so who knows but I just don't know if I rate Max King that highly. Misses way too many absolute sitters to build an attack around by giving up valuable capital. I mean I'd take him obviously - at the right price though.
To early in the build for mine. 2026 or 2027 when our pick gets pushed back in the order as the team improves.
If we trade pick 1/2 for Max King, I will be furious. Don't want 3rd tall Lukosius either with Zane already there.
If you're giving up that type of pick you'd want somebody who is absolutely elite as a key forward.
Max is not physical enough, has an incredibly poor work-rate and very little forward craft. Ben is the better fwd.
Did people not hear Nick Riewoldt or Joey Montagna say this during the year about how poor Max has been?

Go to the draft and get the best talent whilst our 1st pick is in the elite bracket, take at least one young key forward with the 2nd/3rd round selections. Teakle and Finbar can play the support role for now.
Dees were 11th and 9th on the ladder when they started targeting May and Lever, pick 6-10 range.
I'd hope we'd follow that path because I don't see anybody worthy of trading a high pick for on the market.

Last edited:
To early in the build for mine. 2026 or 2027 when out pick gets pushed back in the order as the team improves.
If we trade pick 1/2 for Max King, I will be furious. Don't want 3rd tall Lukosius either with Zane already there.
If you're giving up that type of pick you'd want somebody who is absolutely elite as a key forward.
Max is not physical enough, has an incredibly poor work-rate and very little forward craft. Ben is the better fwd.
Did people not hear Nick Riewoldt or Joey Montagna say this during the year about how poor Max has been?

Go to the draft and get the best talent whilst our 1st pick is in the elite bracket, take at least one young key forward with the 2nd/3rd round selections. Teakle and Finbar can play the support role for now.
Dees were 11th and 9th on the ladder when they started targeting May and Lever, pick 6-10 range.
I'd hope we'd follow that path because I don't see anybody worthy of trading a high pick for on the market.
100% agree.

Obviously if the undisputed best up and coming tall forward on the market became available you'd jump at it, but that's not the scenario being talked about. Overall I agree we want one more big fat shake at the draft minimum.

Late second round pick for King. Did you not see how poor he was against us?

He might be okay as a second key forward but definitely not worth pick 1….

I’d give pick 1 for Ben king

Not Max though

Just for silliness sake let's run with it.

#1 For a King twin.

Which party needs to sweeten the deal?

NB: I do not endorse this trade
The team with the King twin.

How much sweetening? Depends on the pick 1 bounty. I doubt you'd get Reid for both King twins.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Max King? Is he really worth more than a second round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back