List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadman for pick 2, F2 and we pay Cumming enough to get a band higher compo than he deserves.

Or would we need to trade for him, too?

Sam Day OOC.

Apparently he was the difference between us winning and losing according to commentators.

Seems a better character and player than Lobb.
He was ****en great. Was primed to play against Chom and did well for the first half.

He's exactly what we need to support Larkey imo. Big strong contested unit. Of course this is based off one game cos I've never really taken much notice of him.

He was ****en great. Was primed to play against Chom and did well for the first half.

He's exactly what we need to support Larkey imo. Big strong contested unit. Of course this is based off one game cos I've never really taken much notice of him.
Been decent when playing this year, multiple bags of 3

Not seen anyone push chom off a contest as easily as Day did in the first qtr

Will be 32 before end of ssn and has had his injuries of late

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not seen anyone push chom off a contest as easily as Day did in the first qtr

Will be 32 before end of ssn and has had his injuries of late

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, superannuation deal obviously but could be worth it. He might not want to leave the Coast tho. Might be happy to play there or retire and just live there.

I heard from someone involved at GWS that North have been pitching to his manager. I presume there would be a huge contract Tom Boyd style and our first pick in the draft this year.
I have no indication he is considering it but the person who told me would have no reason to make it up it’s pretty random.
Hard to imagine GWS letting him go even for pick 2.
But it’s good to hear we are taking some risks.
Good And if we can’t get Cadman go after gruz

One of them are stuck in the vfl each week

On Cadman... I feel like we are in a position to pay good value to GWS because of what he would mean to us and the value that he would have. It could really be a win-win trade.

Maybe we can even fold something in like a salary dump of an older guy (are they still looking to dump Josh Kelly, lol, put him on a wing).

But I think that the optics of trading him make it tough.

This is the sort of thinking that saw us recruit Lance Picioane, Daniel McConnell and several other modest talents.

Cadman isn’t going anywhere. You can take that to that bank. He signed with GWS the minute they offered him a contract extension.
What reason would Cadman want to leave or gws even consider it?
Unless it’s a Judas type of thing

The reason GWS entered into that multi-club trade that netted us Vanda and Young was that Cadman was considered the least likely to want to go home to Victoria. They did their due diligence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's probably also in the pipeworks.

We are not quite in finals contention, so 2025 will be a consolidation year to get the right player into the right position.

The forward setup will still involve larkey teake plus pink
We should be spending 60-70% of our resources and energy into finding a genuine replacement for Pink. No knocking him: he has done everything he can to provide forward structure and pressure, but we need someone to be a genuine threat.

This is the sort of thinking that saw us recruit Lance Picioane, Daniel McConnell and several other modest talents.
We need someone who can do exactly what he did to us in the forward line. We need a big unit who can cause a contest. Even on a year or two after triggers if he doesn't get a contract next season. I doubt he'll leave the coast anyway but someone who can do what he did will change the way our forward line works.

Geez, it was Max King, now Cadman. While we’re on the topic of players who won’t be coming to us, why don’t we try to pry Curnow and McKay out of Carlton? They have a salary cap squeeze going on, don’t ya know.

Geez, it was Max King, now Cadman. While we’re on the topic of players who won’t be coming to us, why don’t we try to pry Curnow and McKay out of Carlton? They have a salary cap squeeze going on, don’t ya know.
If we only talked about players who will actually come to us then the thread would be 2 pages long every year. What's the fun in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back