List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our list will take time. Rebuild has been pushed back a number of times and been hurt byinjuries like all clubs.

Future is Sheez, Kerch, Wardlaw, Duurs, Arch, Will Dawson, Chom, Curtis and Powell. Sweating on Goater and George but talent there for both. All are 23 or younger most 2 years off it. When they move into 23-25 we would want to be contending deep.

We see brilliant flashes and moments from out list and players. The issue is what it is for everyone that age (Except Sheeze- he be a freak)... consistancy.

Sport
AFL
AFL trade news 2024: Demons vice-captain Jack Viney to spurn Kangaroos, re-sign with Melbourne
Alastair Clarkson made headlines last week by declaring his intent to poach Jack Viney from the Demons. JON RALPH reports Viney is set to spurn interest from North Melbourne.

Jon Ralph
Follow
@RalphyHeraldSun
less than 2 min read
August 19, 2024 - 7:50AM
0 comments

FOXSPORTS05:07
Goodwin lauds team unity after win

AFL: Simon Goodwin has addressed the media following his side's gusty win over the Gold Coast Suns
Melbourne vice-captain Jack Viney is on the brink of a new long-term deal which will shut down any speculation about his future at the club.

Viney’s management is in the final stages of locking in a new deal past 2025 which would show his faith in the club despite a rocky second half of the season.

Viney was not as definitive about his future as he might have been in a weekend Fox Footy post-match interview.

But he has maintained his faith in the club despite being offered a significant deal by North Melbourne, where his father is the football boss under Alastair Clarkson.

The new deal to lock the 30-year-old away well into the future could be announced as early as this week.

But the Demons hierarchy is in no doubt about his future, with Viney having come to the club weeks ago and informed them about the North Melbourne offer.

Jack Viney is set to stay in red and blue. Picture: Albert Perez/AFL Photos via Getty Images.
He told them he was not pursuing the contract or using it as leverage.

With Melbourne having extended the contract of captain Max Gawn to 2027 on Sunday, the security of having locked away their captain and vice-captain for the foreseeable future will be music to the ears of Demons fans amid a turbulent period for the club.

The Herald Sun revealed on Monday Christian Petracca had addressed his teammates on Monday as he attempted to explain his recent issues with the club and absence from the team headquarters.

Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin said after the club’s rousing victory over Gold Coast he was sure Viney would remain at the club.

“He’s red and blue through and through,” Goodwin said.

“I’m sure that’ll (contract) get sorted in due course. He’s still got a year to run on his contract. He’s as passionate about the Melbourne jumper as anyone.

“I love coaching him, he’s a ripper and someone that’s going to drive our footy club forward next year.”

VIP
Viney and Clarko did their bit to get Jack another 150k per season. Fair play NM. Fair play.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lyon cracking the shits about Clarko naming players. Yet also takes swipe at the AFL for not granting Melbourne Mach Andrew and then changing the rules two years later. Saying it severely costs and impacts clubs.
Pretty damn quite regarding Sanders?

So, he’s only shitty with rule changes that impact Melbourne?

Our list will take time. Rebuild has been pushed back a number of times and been hurt byinjuries like all clubs.

Future is Sheez, Kerch, Wardlaw, Duurs, Arch, Will Dawson, Chom, Curtis and Powell. Sweating on Goater and George but talent there for both. All are 23 or younger most 2 years off it. When they move into 23-25 we would want to be contending deep.

We see brilliant flashes and moments from out list and players. The issue is what it is for everyone that age (Except Sheeze- he be a freak)... consistancy.
I've got this absurd vision of us winning seven games in eight at some point next year. Might check myself in to an institution

The playing of potential draftees in a club's VFL program is something I've always found interesting.... Feels a bit close to muddying the waters of having an uncompromised draft.... (LOLZ)

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Possibly but you got to give it to tigers for exploiting it due to their injury which, l'm lead to presume, was how they were able to play these kids - it is a dress rehearsal IMO.
But l don't think they are the first as l'm pretty sure the northern state sides do this with their academy and FS kids.

Won't be long before all the clubs kick up a fuss and Laura will make some rule that reserve sides have 1-2 spots open for draftees OR you just give that access to the bottom 2 clubs only on the ladder?

I've got this absurd vision of us winning seven games in eight at some point next year. Might check myself in to an institution
Ha ha. Honestly as much as I love to draft watch We are still going to rely on those developing and playing games. Honestly we will look alot more competitive when Wardlaw can play 4qtrs. Needs another offseason and maybe another after that.

W Dawson is super important for us and has shown signs, Pick a key forward who will also be 3-5 years away when are competing. Duurs I hope plays 12- 18 games next season and plays more then 5 minute bursts.

Not absurd at all Zoomba I have us winning 15 with Biggie kicking the winning goal in the 16th.
PS I will check in also. Just let me know your institution of choice .

Last edited:
Pick 2 - Trade for Cadman
F2 - Viney
Clarko's Josh Gibson rant might have just been Clarko ranting but maybe it was a message to someone. He was saying that they identified Gibson as underutilized and they brought him in and he won two BnFs at CHB in premiership years.

I dunno who that description would fit, but it was while he was highlighting the importance of the spine.

Logue - ??? - Xerri - Comben - Larkey
Cadman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always like to rank players on +goals and -goals.

Its my own way to assess where a player is at, its my own DuckYeah analysis. People like to draw to stats and say X had 35 possessions at 74% efficiency. Those stats means absolutely four fifths of **** all.

The +goals stat is derived from Cyril having 12 disposals and impacting the scoreboard for +5 goals.

Tarryn is a +2 goal player on an average say. On a good day he’s a +4 goals.

You look at Jy, he’s a -3 goal player. Jy Vs west coast (best game of his career) was a +4 goal player.

Harry Sheezel is a +2 on an average day and on a good day a +5 goal player. On an extraordinary day he is a +7 goal player.

How to derive the impact is by taking into consideration Clangers, Score Involvements, Tackles, 1% and how much impact your opponent has.

After round 8 - Corr has dominated his opponents and has been a +2/3 player.

Luke has been a -4^3983689 player
I used to do my tips in a similar fashion, worked pretty well. But i dont follow other teams close enough any more.

Just watched Garrryyy Lyon and what a farkking sook. So emotional about Petracca and Viney and what Clarko said. Gary, I think it’s time to have a spell.
He must have been pretty pissed off with Melbourne targeting a contracted Dan Housten then....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Posters are kidding themselves that a Luke Parker alone will straighten this team up.
We need at least 4 veteran players to inject into this team, so developing guns can ply their trade in the vfl whilst the senior side is competitive.

2 x ufa, 2 x trades. Make it happen.

Kolodjashnij, McDonald, Parker, Owies, Tomlinson, Viney, Wines etc etc

Posters are kidding themselves that a Luke Parker alone will straighten this team up.
We need at least 4 veteran players to inject into this team, so developing guns can ply their trade in the vfl whilst the senior side is competitive.

Just need to shuffle through those who want to contribute and those wanting a superannuation payment.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

So Luke Parker may come in and straighten up our team ok well what about the other Luke what’s he going to do?
I think supporters better prepare themselves that current Luke will still be captain come Round 1 next year and playing AFL no matter what.
No point bringing in players while we have players that are experienced continuously keep making mistakes and keep getting games ahead of younger players who may play 1 or 2 ordinary games and then get dropped.
If you want better standards that needs to be at every level of this club not just on field.

So Luke Parker may come in and straighten up our team ok well what about the other Luke what’s he going to do?
I think supporters better prepare themselves that current Luke will still be captain come Round 1 next year and playing AFL no matter what.
No point bringing in players while we have players that are experienced continuously keep making mistakes and keep getting games ahead of younger players who may play 1 or 2 ordinary games and then get dropped.
If you want better standards that needs to be at every level of this club not just on field.
The **** I will.

Think we need to lower expectations when it comes to experienced talent we will be able to bring in the door. I think Clarkson reeled off those names knowing that in all likelihood they aren't willing to come to the club. Happy to be proven wrong though. There is obviously still experienced players around the league that could help. Someone like Jed Bews as a DFA could play a role in our backline. Premiership player currently being held out of the backline at Cats.

Those experienced players that continuously make the mistakes, need to be made accountable and then we bring in the right experienced players to bring up these youngsters

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back