List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t take this too seriously.

However the thought of losing LDU to a trade this year has a little bit of appeal. I feel like losing has been engrained in this poor bloke and he has deficiencies when it comes to the defensive side. Gets found out far too often when the going gets tough. But his strengths are next level, no denying that. This year he will be at his max value in terms of a trade.

Saints - would have to be 2 First Rounders minimum plus a player would have though. Or a first Rounder and Wanganeen Milera.

Bombers - two first rounders plus a Tsatas or Nik Cox

I’m sure I’ll get shouted down but I think if he’s not fully invested then get the best you can.
It was a reasonable post until you said Nik Cox.

Couldn’t pay me to take him, he’s a poor mans Jarrod Grant.

We need defensive intensity on our forward half, he is one of the biggest front runners in the comp.

And also light years more skilled than 90% of our list.

#2 for #4 and Rachele, we'll pay his contract.

Adelaide get Draper, we get one of Langford/FOS/Smillie/Smith.

However the thought of losing LDU to a trade this year has a little bit of appeal. I feel like losing has been engrained in this poor bloke and he has deficiencies when it comes to the defensive side. Gets found out far too often when the going gets tough. But his strengths are next level, no denying that. This year he will be at his max value in terms of a trade.

Saints - would have to be 2 First Rounders minimum plus a player would have though. Or a first Rounder and Wanganeen Milera.

I’m sure I’ll get shouted down but I think if he’s not fully invested then get the best you can.

Nah Wilson would be 100% involved in any dealings, and FYI llkey

KANGAS TO LOCK IN YOUNG PAIR​

NORTH Melbourne is set to lock away two more key parts of its defensive future, with the Kangaroos closing on deals for first-round selections Wil Dawson and Riley Hardeman.

The pair were taken at picks No.22 and 23 respectively last year, meaning they each earned the standard two-year draftee contracts, though North Melbourne is close to securing agreements to extend each by an extra season.

It will take Dawson and Hardeman through until 2026, which is when the club's remaining three first-round picks from last year in Colby McKercher, Zane Duursma and Taylor Goad are due to fall out of contract for the first time.

McKercher, Duursma and Goad all earned initial three-year deals due to being top-20 picks.

Dawson, a 201cm key defender, has played three senior games this season but has shown glimpses of his immense athletic potential in the VFL throughout his maiden year at Arden Street.

Hardeman, a rebounding 184cm half-back, has also broken through for three AFL appearances but is another the club holds in high regard as it looks ahead to its bright future.

Their impending extensions will ensure North Melbourne keeps it talented young core together and will follow the recent re-signings of George Wardlaw (2026), Bailey Scott (2026), Charlie Comben (2027), Paul Curtis (2028), Nick Larkey (2029), Tristan Xerri (2029), Cam Zurhaar (2029) and Harry Sheezel (2030). – Riley Beveridge

As per the CBA:

Screenshot_20240821_194247_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:

No chance we should be entertaining a trade which involves LDU leaving.

Classic case of focusing on what his deficiencies may be rather than what he brings week in week out.

In the best two players at the Club, right age profile and the type of player we would crawl over broken glass to get to our Club.

He stays.

Don’t get me wrong I love what he brings to the table with his skill and ability to kick goals from anywhere, but man some of efforts at contested footy over the 2nd half of this season would make Dylan Stephens look like Jack Ziebell.

Don’t get me wrong I love what he brings to the table with his skill and ability to kick goals from anywhere, but man some of efforts at contested footy over the 2nd half of this season would make Dylan Stephens look like Jack Ziebell.

I don't think we need to pay Josh Rachele to get contested footy. Same way we aren't paying RHJ to get contested footy.

Duursma - Comben/Wawson - Zurhaar
Rachele - Larkey - Curtis

Adelaide get Draper, we get one of Langford/FOS/Smillie/Smith.
Because there is no standout this season Adelaide will most like get to pick him with their pick#4. Might have to sweeten it with something or someone as well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because there is no standout this season Adelaide will most like get to pick him with their pick#4. Might have to sweeten it with something or someone as well...

Might be worth Brady proving his mettle and trying to have Adelaide over a barrel.

Hello fellas we are going to take Draper at #2. We love him and he's a fantastic prospect, a wonderful young man.

Sit back and wait to see what they do. Worst case we get Draper. Best case, we might get a gun young forward who can kick them from anywhere for fun, and still get a top 5 pick.

Might be worth Brady proving his mettle and trying to have Adelaide over a barrel.

Hello fellas we are going to take Draper at #2. We love him and he's a fantastic prospect, a wonderful young man.

Sit back and wait to see what they do. Worst case we get Draper. Best case, we might get a gun young forward who can kick them from anywhere for fun, and still get a top 5 pick.

It’s all moot if Richmond take him. The one benefit of there being no Harley or JHF in this draft is that top 5 or so is compelling.

It’s all moot if Richmond take him. The one benefit of there being no Harley or JHF in this draft is that top 5 or so is compelling.
Then we still get Langford or FOS or Smillie or Smith. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I like reading your thoughts mate, but that grouping would have to be the lowest pressure forward line in the comp by the length of Brady's schnoz.
As opposed to our current forward setup which resembles Alcatraz in its ability to keep the footy locked in?

As opposed to our current forward setup which resembles Alcatraz in its ability to keep the footy locked in?
Our forward pressure at the moment is terrible, yes.

But the answer isn't adding Rachele, unless you replace one of Duursma, Zurhaar and Curtis with someone able to provide consistent defensive pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back