List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A player gets dropped and there’s an assumption he’s going take his bat and ball and go home? That’d be an immediate red flag on his mettle.
I would imagine pointing out obvious lack of dental care would make the average Port supporter sufficiently agitated (though true) to mean the lad cannot get a coffee west of South Road peacefully … so getting out of dodge may be in his benefit

Realistically if LDU wanted the saints would this be too much to ask? Wilson King and their first (currently 6)? Are we much worse off?

Wouldn’t take this too seriously.

However the thought of losing LDU to a trade this year has a little bit of appeal. I feel like losing has been engrained in this poor bloke and he has deficiencies when it comes to the defensive side. Gets found out far too often when the going gets tough. But his strengths are next level, no denying that. This year he will be at his max value in terms of a trade.

Saints - would have to be 2 First Rounders minimum plus a player would have though. Or a first Rounder and Wanganeen Milera.

Bombers - two first rounders plus a Tsatas or Nik Cox

I’m sure I’ll get shouted down but I think if he’s not fully invested then get the best you can.
* would have to give us 2 firsts to take cox alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's really not the right type for us, especially as a forward. Too soft, flaky and inconsistent, only impacts a game about once a month. Definitely not the contested marking, pack crashing KPF we need to complement Souv.
Would only be interested in him as a half back distributor, where he's played his best footy.
That might be the case, he might not be the right fit for us.

However, beggars can’t be choosers.

Out of interest, just how many 195cm, packing busting contested marks are playing in the AFL.

I would wager it’s less than 10.

Look from my perspective I can see what the tigers are doing but the simple truth is if players want to leave then you try and get the best deal for them, they are finished as a force, now its some other team that will take over the mantle, and yes you do have to nail the first & second rounders but in my opinion you have to have some experienced players as well as your top end draft picks, its a combination, but such is their position now, come the draft, well there is an old saying, {sorry, Mortal Kombat, "CHOOSE WISELY"}
We made the mistake thinking picks 30+ were going to kick start our rebuild when in actual fact, keeping players like Dumont would have helped protect and guide players like LDU dramatically.

The Tiges have players who they can actually sell for firsts.

One of these things is not like the other.

We made the mistake thinking picks 30+ were going to kick start our rebuild when in actual fact, keeping players like Dumont would have helped protect and guide players like LDU dramatically.

The Tiges have players who they can actually sell for firsts.

One of these things is not like the other.

Our rebuild would have been much smooth if cunnington had got cancer x 2 during 2020 to 2023

I don't think we need to pay Josh Rachele to get contested footy. Same way we aren't paying RHJ to get contested footy.

Duursma - Comben/Wawson - Zurhaar
Rachele - Larkey - Curtis

The best small forwards create goals from pressure. Stengle, Rankine, Pickett, Cameron, Papley, Bolton and Moore. We need that sort of type well before we go for the type that’s the icing on the cake.

No chance we should be entertaining a trade which involves LDU leaving.

Classic case of focusing on what his deficiencies may be rather than what he brings week in week out.

In the best two players at the Club, right age profile and the type of player we would crawl over broken glass to get to our Club.

He stays.
Shiny new toy syndrome...

Let's trade a known quantity coming into his prime for a couple of unknowns.

Good plan that one.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade 2 for 6/11 or 7/12 from GC or Freo.

Grab Armstrong and Berry. (Or, if Port accept pick 11 for Houston, and we can somehow entice an AA halfback to join our occasionally promising rabble, I wouldn't say no).

Offer Sam Day (UFA) a couple years to chop out as the contested marking threat in the meantime. Wouldn't say no to Membrey for some cheap depth in the contested marking stakes either, especially if we can get him on the rookie list.

2nd rounder for Gerreyn / Shanahan

3rd rounder trade to swans for Luke Parker

F3 trade to pies for Joe Richards

Or something around that mark for Owies.

Round 1 2025

Archer - Logue - Corr
Goater - Chom - Powell

Scott - Wardlaw - McKercher
Xerri - LDU - Sheezel

Zurhaar - Larkey - Duursma
Curtis - Day - Richards

INT: Parker - Simpkin - Hardeman - W Dawson - Fisher/Berry/Owies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad