List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t hear properly for the noise in my house, but when discussing where Dan Houston ends up next season, on Talking Footy, did they say North are the right fit / front runner to land him?

As opposed to our current forward setup which resembles Alcatraz in its ability to keep the footy locked in?

prison break history GIF
The Rock Travel GIF by Yevbel

Goad and Philips for Rachele. Straight trade.
We have a big opinion of Taylor Goad, he's not going anywhere, his upside is at a very high point. Adelaide were very disappointed when we took him, because they were going to take him, they certainly didn't think we were going to select him with our pick!

Our future first is also very valuable.

Most clubs would consider this a top 3-4 pick worst case next year, so to try and extract pick 9-14 for this shouldn’t be too difficult.

There will be a buyer, particularly Richmond if they can get Fremantle’s pick 11/12 as part of the Bolton deal.

That would mean in 2025 they could have pick 1 and 3/4. Our optimists would hope things finally click and we move out of the bottom 4.

Richmond will end up with a stacked draft hand this year anyway with Rioli, Baker and Bolton all likely leaving.

They could afford to do this.

Don’t get me wrong I love what he brings to the table with his skill and ability to kick goals from anywhere, but man some of efforts at contested footy over the 2nd half of this season would make Dylan Stephens look like Jack Ziebell.
In fairness to Stephens, he has definitely put his head over the ball a lot more in the second half of the year and gone back with the flight a few times which is something you couldn't imagine him doing based on his first half of the season.

It keeps getting mentioned in here!

It’s absolute effing madness.
I think madness is expecting that we'll become consistently competitive with major list holes.

I think madness is assuming that we'll be able to trade in good key position players after our five years as a bottom-three team

I think madness is steadfastly refusing to address list deficiencies to make your club more competitive with actual draft capital, particularly when we're in an unusual year where the talent across the top 20 or so is so even.

I think madness is expecting that we'll become consistently competitive with major list holes.

I think madness is assuming that we'll be able to trade in good key position players after our five years as a bottom-three team

I think madness is steadfastly refusing to address list deficiencies to make your club more competitive with actual draft capital, particularly when we're in an unusual year where the talent across the top 20 or so is so even.
To be fair, like last year, if we got gifted overs for a decent senior player we'd probably spend said pick on another medium forward or small mid, lol.

I think Madness is thinking we haven’t improved on last season. Take into account we gave our most talented player on the list the arse. Imagine if we had TT in some of those tight games or for the entire season. Massive massive loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn’t hear properly for the noise in my house, but when discussing where Dan Houston ends up next season, on Talking Footy, did they say North are the right fit / front runner to land him?

They asked Mitch Cleary who was in front and all he mentioned was North have the capital, but he’s not sure we want to give up what Port wants.
Which is 2 top 15 picks.

Last edited:
I think Madness is thinking we haven’t improved on last season. Take into account we gave our most talented player on the list the arse. Imagine if we had TT in some of those tight games or for the entire season. Massive massive loss

Hopefully we can catch a break off-field next year.

We have a big opinion of Taylor Goad, he's not going anywhere, his upside is at a very high point. Adelaide were very disappointed when we took him, because they were going to take him, they certainly didn't think we were going to select him with our pick!
We now have leverage .....Tell them to talk to the hand...:hand:;):laughv1:

After we took him, they put on the cams for the Adelaide list management team and they were filthy. Couldn't believe we took him.

After we took him, they put on the cams for the Adelaide list management team and they were filthy. Couldn't believe we took him.

Yes in theory both Dawson and hardi would have been taken before Goad but because they knew Adelaide would take him with the pick after they had to take him then, and the other two after

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back