List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tell Adelaide we're prepared to take Draper with pick 2 or alternatively if they want him, they can give us 4 and 27 for 2.
Ideally we do this trade prior to draft rather than live, then Richmond pick Draper anyway and we all kind of laugh except Adelaide who don't know who to blame.

This is how i see the list at the moment heading into 2025

Key Backs: Logue, Corr, KDawson, Pink, WDawson.

This is a concern. WDawson will likely end up the best of the lot, but its not good enough at the moment. Need to bring someone in.

Other backs: Mcdonald, Archer, Bergman, Goater, Fisher, George, Tucker, Hardeman

serious growth in Archer and potential in Bergman and Goater. Mckercher leaves this group in 2025. Hardeman round 1 please.

Wings: Scott, Mckercher, Stephenson, Stephens

Two guns and two cats.

Midfielders: LDU, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Powell, Phillips, Pick 2

Like it a lot. Good mix coming through together

Rucks: Xerri, Goad, CCJ

One superstar.

Tall Forwards: Larkey, Comben, Teakle

Needs more cover. Must recruit one if possible.

Other forwards: Zurhaar, Curtis, Duursma, Zurhaar, RHJ, Ford, Payne, Simpkin

Probably our best mix across the club. Need Duursma or Curtis to go 30+ next year.

Unknown: Maley, Harvey, Lazzaro, Nyoun, Drury

Retirements: Greenwood, Shiels

Definite delistings: Free, Thomas, Taylor, Sellers,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The idea that we can chuck our hat in the ring for an in demand player and offer them two year deal in line with the rest of comp is delusional. If we want to be getting someone like Luke Parker to North you'd imagine the conversation would have to start at 3 years at 10-20% more than the rest of the comp was willing to pay. Thats why the current salary cap system is floored, because despite an underwhelming lack of talent on our list, we still have to pay 95% of the cap meaning we can stash cash and blow other clubs out of the water with big offers to A grade players. Carlton have 5 genuine $1mil players on there list yet can still compete for the same names that come onto the market given our hands are tied with salary cap.
Agree 💯

Nobody wants to come and play for us yet!
Once the narrative shifts and people start to believe that we will have a sustained run of success players will be lining up to get to us.
The thing we need to do is balance short term needs with long term goals. We need to avoid paying overs for mediocre players in the short term if it compromises our ability to attract and pay very good players in the long term.
The bulk of our team are still very young. We have to be patient. The time for offering big contracts to recruits will come.
Yep I am old enough to remember the 90s and Leigh Colbert was the hottest property in football up for grabs and came to us.

Blokes wanna be part of success, we will get there.

Jordan Dawson has gone in front of cameras and tripled down on the Rachele comments. They're backing the bus over the kid now.

That’s like my insta feed being full of bikini models and me telling my wife I have no idea why they are there
To quote The Cruel Sea,
“You better get a Lawyer Son, you better get a real good one”

Jordan Dawson has gone in front of cameras and tripled down on the Rachele comments. They're backing the bus over the kid now.

Refugee lawyers would argue this traumatic material is sufficient to establish a convention nexus for Rachele. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back