Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it is all that bad. The clubs know these picks drop and that is taken into account. The Melbourne trade for Jackson is proof of that. If we don’t have pick 11 it wouldn’t even be a discussion but of course Richmond will ask for it. Then like Geelong and that pick 19/20 will keep asking for it.

Picks 10 and 18 will likely end up being 12 and 21 (or even 22). Regardless of whether that is two first round picks that second pick you are getting the 21st or 22nd best player in the draft.
The 9nly picks that really impact it is the free agency compo picks. They were never going to have access to any of the NGA matches that come before. So in reality it is only moving back 1 or 2 spots from the compo picks relative to who they actually could have picked.

We really talkin bout blackmail?

Blackmail?

We out ere talkin bout blackmail?
Yes I was. Not sure if that was the best word but Richmond forcing the hand of Brisbane with a threat to bid on Ashcroft. My point was more about clubs maintaining a decent relationship is important unlike ole mate Silvani at Carlton who went kicking the can down road and p**sing off everyone on the way out.

Yes I was. Not sure if that was the best word but Richmond forcing the hand of Brisbane with a threat to bid on Ashcroft. My point was more about clubs maintaining a decent relationship is important unlike ole mate Silvani at Carlton who went kicking the can down road and p**sing off everyone on the way out.

My comment was an Allen Iverson reference.
I get your point.
The only difference is I’d imagine it’s more a win win for Brisbane and Tigers.

Geee...Some of You on here rating Bolton like He is Neale or Petraca type of player who will put the team on their shoulders and carry them to victory...Guess what...He is not...He is more of flashy downhill skier who disappears for long periods of time and doesn't deliver on regular basis...Don't take me wrong I do like him but some of You are overrating him big time.

I’m not saying I’d do that deal at all.

But that was in response to someone suggesting the exact trade plus 14 coming back which is no chance.

I doubt the negotiations around Bolton are going all that badly, I honestly think we've already reached a deal, but the AFL wants to keep it quiet to draw out the drama.

It seems like a fairly straightforward deal. 10 and 11 for Bolton, that's what it will be now, or whatever those two picks end up ballooning out to.

I doubt the negotiations around Bolton are going all that badly, I honestly think we've already reached a deal, but the AFL wants to keep it quiet to draw out the drama.

It seems like a fairly straightforward deal. 10 and 11 for Bolton, that's what it will be now.
You are bizarre. You've gone to shouting it's 9 and 16 to now jumping to 10/11 immediately

You are bizarre. You've gone to shouting it's 9 and 16 to now jumping to 10/11 immediately
I never said I wanted 10 and 11 did I? At the end of the day I think that's what's going to happen. I want 9 and 16 as much as the next guy, I don't think that's happening anymore. Our picks have ballooned out too much.

Remember, big difference between what we want and what will happen.

I never said I wanted 10 and 11 did I? At the end of the day I think that's what's going to happen. I want 9 and 16 as much as the next guy, I don't think that's happening anymore. Our picks have ballooned out too much.

I'm pretty comfortable either way, even if I really want to take 11 to the draft but you've just done a complete 180 because the picks moved marginally.

I'm pretty comfortable either way, even if I really want to take 11 to the draft but you've just done a complete 180 because the picks moved marginally.
I've done a 180 because as much as I hold out hope that it ends up being our earliest and latest first round picks, I just can't see it happening now, I have to let go of the denial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed - when reading the start of his post I didn’t expect him to go a deal has been reached at 10/11. Wallsy has already come out and said if that is the price they will walk away.

Negotiations are well down the track. The initial Freo offering only 9 have now progressed to 10+18 and Richmond wanting 10+11 and Walls coming out saying it won’t be 10+11. So they now haggle on the missing pieces to keep Richmond happy. Those pieces will include current and future second and third round picks to swap/upgrade etc.

Most of us knew the picks would slide a bit. Sure the clubs were also aware. The picks are still effectively 10 and 11 even if they slide further because any bids on draft night don't really matter as those players were never really available (Ashcroft, Kako etc.).

Actually jealous of Richmond’s draft strategy. Best way to do it tbh. Just push everyone out.
West Coast should’ve done this in 2020.

Baker - pick 13
Graham - second round pick?
Bolton - 9 and another first round.
Rioli - pick 6 and second round ?

Very handy draft hand.

Could actually go one better and split pick 1 for 2 first rounders.

Any chance the Bolton deal is 10, 11 (actually 12, 13 by draft night) with next years second rounder coming back (pick 19 likely before compo picks etc)?

I’m starting to think our first and 3rd picks won’t be enough and it will have to be the first 2 with something back, but they might want to keep 21 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back