Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns would be stupid to trade 13 and 23 for Noble and Collingwoods F1. Nobles worth is 30+ imo.

It is stupid for GC to do a trade like that, however that is business as normal for them. They have first round picks to burn and know if they stuff it up the AFL will send them a shed load of first round picks again. Like a spoiled child who never has to face the consequences of their actions.

I'll do a deeper dive later but the players of interest you get a sniff at at 11/12 are Reid, Travaglia, Allan, Smillie (might fall), Berry and Lindsay. At 20+ (where the pick will be) the only ones remotely interesting are Grose and Hannaford.

It's a very very large difference IMO for us and less so for Richmond who can grab a KPP there

I'll do a deeper dive later but the players of interest you get a sniff at at 11/12 are Reid, Travaglia, Allan, Smillie (might fall), Berry and Lindsay. At 20+ (where the pick will be) the only ones remotely interesting are Grose and Hannaford.

It's a very very large difference IMO for us and less so for Richmond who can grab a KPP there
I'mma make this real simple. Give me Berry. Asap.

Bolton helps in a huge way and I'm over the moon to bring him in, but he will need help. We're not getting Pickett, so get the next best small forward.

New side note. Thoughts on Mark Bickley on trade radio? I think some of his commentary has been fantastic and well reasoned

It is stupid for GC to do a trade like that, however that is business as normal for them. They have first round picks to burn and know if they stuff it up the AFL will send them a shed load of first round picks again. Like a spoiled child who never has to face the consequences of their actions.
It's like a dick measuring comp of shit deals for pick 13 though. Carlton and Pies both offering up crap and trying to Bully the stupid Kid (GC) into accepting it.

I'mma make this real simple. Give me Berry. Asap.

Bolton helps in a huge way and I'm over the moon to bring him in, but he will need help. We're not getting Pickett, so get the next best small forward.
I'm on Berry as well, the gap in talent applicable for our needs is worth fighting for and making 11 untouchable

Any 1 of Travaglia/Berry/Lindsay alongside Shai improves us as a side dramatically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like a dick measuring comp of shit deals for pick 13 though. Carlton and Pies both offering up crap and trying to Bully the stupid Kid (GC) into accepting it.
I was gonna say the same thing.

Those offers for 13 are super underwhelming, I'd rather take Melb's F1 and later points if I was them.
My only theory is Collingwood are saying they're not going to release Noble unless 13 comes to them.

Plus, Rioli for pick 6 is stupid, let alone more.

Imagine if Port said #13 wasn't enough too ha
I cant see how Port would accept 13 on its own.

Compare the pair:
Bolton is a one time AA who is under contract. Expected to cost 10 and 18

Houston is a 2x AA (including last year) who is under contract.
Surely cant just be pick 13

If thats what Blues/Pies or their fans are expecting then im looking forward to some melts from the fans when Port turn it down

New side note. Thoughts on Mark Bickley on trade radio? I think some of his commentary has been fantastic and well reasoned
For those very reasons, I don’t like him. Trade radio is NO place for someone who knows what the hell they are talking about.

If Gold Coast had offered him a contract he would have had to delist himself, the same as Jack Martin, and it doesn't count as a being a delisted free agent.

But they didn't, so he can move for nothing which was appropriate because he didn't get a game all year.
Jeremy said himself that dimma wanted him, he told them no

So they delisted him, funnily enough you can use the Jack Martin situation again but its more like Jack Martin the second time around

I don't hate the idea of having multiple stabs at it in and around the 18-25 region, but looking at the desperation for Gold Coast's pick 13 there's gotta be a reason for it.

At the very least keep 11 til the draft, and either use it then or if someone else massively falls in love with a prospect there you can do a draft day trade for massive overs. Pick 11 this year should be treated every bit as valuable as we treated pick 19 in the Jordan Clark trade, where we parted with 2 F3s and our own 2nd over trading that. Fold on the steak knives (to a point), but hold that pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back