Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate the flaws with points and how picks might blow out but that aside 10 and 11 is a higher value than the Horne Francis trade.

10 and 18 is equivalent to pick 2 even in the new values. It’s hardly a belligerent unfair stance as some are trying to make it out. If accepted it will rank as one of the highest (non- Gold Coast) prices ever paid.
Forgetting the later pick swaps like in the Luke Jackson trade F2 > 41,57

After academy bids
Luke Jackson 7,15
Hogan 6,27
Neale 6,22
Brad Hill 10,40 (incl. Blake Acres)
Cerra 6,43
Weller 2

Therefore a trade for contracted Bolton after academy picks:
11+22 is about par.

Genuine question. Why is Bo Allen rated so highly? You see all the Vic kids getting crazy numbers in VFL where Allens numbers are quite low??

Aren't those Vic kids rated ahead of Allen? And the Vic kids apart from Lalor are either short or big and slow. Allen was top 4 in agility and jumping at the combine. His 20m was 2.982 according to eDPS who is posting numbers on the main drafting board. Not lightning, but certainly much quicker than Langford and Smillie. Allen and Lalor are the only mids that seem to be in the top 10-15 that have height and explosiveness/power. High ceiling.

This is quite clear to me but I think a few of the posters on here have fallen in love with the idea of Shai and that's a terrible place to negotiate from.
So what if they have? It does not matter. None of us are negotiating this trade. And Walls has stated we will walk away if the price is too high.

To be fair, all though we could have done a better job with him, a lot of it fell on Hogan and his attitude from the time he came here, he lacked so much maturity and never gave us the professionalism that he needed to. It was only once he escaped the limelight, realised it was his last chance and then had Mumme lock him in his backyard that he decided to finally grow up.
He owns it all and realised he ****ed up, but you’re very hard on the guy. He was going through stuff I couldn’t imagine going through as a young man

So what if they have? It does not matter. None of us are negotiating this trade. And Walls has stated we will walk away if the price is too high.
You're right of course. In terms of people with actual influence the concern is whether they feel the pressure for an immediate boost given the lofty goals management have set out.

One of the best decisions the club has ever made was taking picks 2, 4 and 4 to the draft. I'm sure Drummy et al. were feeling the pressure for immediate success.

Last edited:
To be fair, all though we could have done a better job with him, a lot of it fell on Hogan and his attitude from the time he came here, he lacked so much maturity and never gave us the professionalism that he needed to. It was only once he escaped the limelight, realised it was his last chance and then had Mumme lock him in his backyard that he decided to finally grow up.
He was a young bloke having to deal with testicular cancer and the illness and death of his Dad Anthony. FFS anyone would struggle with that. Footy is just a game. Bit of perspective...

Llordo is a touch biased as he works at Hailebury school and is therefore quite invested in the AFL private school scene over there.

Goes without saying it’s absolutely ridiculous comparing some kid to Bont but this kind of hyperbole is par for the course at every draft.
if lloyd is talking up a draftee it's typically someone he coached, honestly kinda funny as a bit

You heard it here first, ChatGPT believes 10 and 18 is fair:

"Shai Bolton is generally viewed as a highly valuable player, given his combination of skill, speed, and game-changing ability. In the current AFL landscape, he could be worth a top-10 pick or a combination of high picks and potentially a player, depending on the trading team's needs.

His age, potential for growth, and recent performances would also play a crucial role in determining his value. Overall, I’d say a fair deal for Bolton might involve a pick in the top 10, potentially alongside a later pick or player, reflecting his status as a key player for his team."
Lol i did this too, but the response was vague and something like "Multiple first round picks and possibly a player"
I'll die on this hill, but I will never consider the Hogan trade in a dud. I will however consider the Hogan trade out a dud. I still maintain he would have become the forward he is (again) today if we had put the time and care into him.

We were all so desperate to get him in to the team because we knew he was a superstar. He IS a superstar.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we traded the wrong KPF out of the team, had we persisted with him, given him the time and "love" that he needed, nobody would be talking about how "the Hogan trade was an unmitigated disaster". We'd all be talking about how threatening a (quadruple) JJJJ forward line looks.
Jesse was never going to work here. He wanted to drugs in peace and that's why he jumped at going to Sydney because he was told you can walk down the street without being recognised.

I agree on the trade being the right call but geez he did a lot wrong with us that he doesn't seem to have been doing at GWS. Not sure why he chose not to fully invest in us. Ultimately Jessie got himself sacked by Fremantle in my view and we needed to make that stand for the sake of our standards. If we gave him a cuddle he probably just keeps breaking the rules, we take the ultimate hard line and he wises up. No win situation.

If Hogan stays does he get better with us? Does Treacy and Amiss actually get games around him? Just have to move on sometimes.
Yeah I understand that. But I always wonder, If Jesse had been the focal point of our forward line surrounded by some very promising young stars as opposed to the feet draggers he was thrown in with, would his attitude have changed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree with this. Sometimes the time to strike is right now. We could not have hand picked a player that we need for our team any better than him imo. He is everything we don’t have. In a normal situation the tigers likely don’t let him go with 4 years to run.
In a normal situation everyone at Tigerland would be totally bummed to lose him. He's a star.

Yeah I understand that. But I always wonder, If Jesse had been the focal point of our forward line surrounded by some very promising young stars as opposed to the feet draggers he was thrown in with, would his attitude have changed?
No.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back