Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

The promise has been made by Richmond. Players with four years contract don't move unless their club gives a nod.

He approached Fremantle.
The long contract was also a move by Richmond to make signing it hard to refuse. Part of that would also be a said/unsaid promise to hold the band together and keep their head above the waterline and/or contend.

Richmond not only haven't kept up their side of the bargain, but are now hampered by these sorts of contracts being out of step with their rebuilding focus.

I’d love to know how much time JL spent with Bolton in the process of getting him to commit to coming here.

Would expect that the senior coach would have met a player of this stature possibly even more than once, to sell him his vision of where he will play for the next few years and what his exact role will be in the team.

The promise has been made by Richmond. Players with four years contract don't move unless their club gives a nod.

He approached Fremantle.

The promise not been made by Richmond at all , that promise was made by freo .

But I will tell you a little secret

this is not the first time that Bolton has asked to come home

Blair has talked him out of it on the past , but this time he didn’t, he didn’t because you have the draft assets to make it happen and you would be crazy not to do it because shai bolton is everything Sonny Walter’s was at his best , but at least twice as good .

Bolton is a much loved figure at Richmond there is no falling out . Bolton has been well looked after developed and became a man at Richmond , other than his team success he is now the owner of a multi million dollar contact. That contract comes with it some responsibilities and expectations He is a good kid , he has a very strong relationship with Blair and this has been discussed and the all the possibilities explained

Richmond does not owe Bolton anything .

Kako wont be bid on till about pick 15, well after the bombers first selection
Nah, recruiting people say hes a lock for top 10. Dees love him and could bid at 5. Saints also linked and SOS loves to bid. There's a reason Essendon explored trading up to get ahead of the likely bid, but they said it was too expensive. They will likely trade back now, they have been offered Melbournes 28 + F1 + even extras this year I believe for pick 9. But the good part for them is they can actually trade whilst on the clock once there has been a bid put in

The promise not been made by Richmond at all , that promise was made by freo .

But I will tell you a little secret

this is not the first time that Bolton has asked to come home

Blair has talked him out of it on the past , but this time he didn’t, he didn’t because you have the draft assets to make it happen and you would be crazy not to do it because shai bolton is everything Sonny Walter’s was at his best , but at least twice as good .

Bolton is a much loved figure at Richmond there is no falling out . Bolton has been well looked after developed and became a man at Richmond , other than his team success he is now the owner of a multi million dollar contact. That contract comes with it some responsibilities and expectations He is a good kid , he has a very strong relationship with Blair and this has been discussed and the all the possibilities explained

Richmond does not owe Bolton anything .

Walters at his best is better than Bolton, if only for the far better ball use.

I should have added Rachelle as well . If he played in a better team or top 4 team he would have had more impact may be instrumental in getting flag. Same with Stephen Hill and Fyfe in 2010 time

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most teams that are contending have a more mature forward line than us, Berry might be great but it's adding an 18 year old to a forward line that already has Amiss (21), Treacy (22) and Jackson (23). If those three were all 24-25 then it's a different story but if we think we can compete for the 2025 flag Bolton >>>>>>>> Berry. If we don't think we are a legit chance at 2025 then by all means walk away from the Bolton trade and continue to build.

Nah, recruiting people say hes a lock for top 10. Dees love him and could bid at 5. Saints also linked and SOS loves to bid. There's a reason Essendon explored trading up to get ahead of the likely bid, but they said it was too expensive. They will likely trade back now, they have been offered Melbournes 28 + F1 + even extras this year I believe for pick 9. But the good part for them is they can actually trade whilst on the clock once there has been a bid put in
What 17 other clubs say on the other end of those phones in the ARC when an AFL team has to live trade a pick they didn’t want to, at 5 mins notice on draft night
IMG_6489.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading with Melbourne sucks because you have to deal with danster but the Richmond board seems to be a conglomerate of multiple micro danster's
The reaction to paying a fair price for pick 20 and Hawks trading out 14 was amazing. Well worth the read.

Walters at his best is better than Bolton, if only for the far better ball use.

There’s been some clueless comments on here the last couple of days but the phrase you’re quoting takes the cake.

Also the suggestion that Bolton is good enough to take us from a non-finalist to premiership contender is a good laugh as well. One player never makes that much difference except maybe prime Fyfe, prime Dusty, prime GAJ etc. - Bolton is a good player but isn’t even close to that level.

The bids really don't matter. The tier of players from like 8 to 15 is the same.
Kako going high would be great, one less open pick before pick 11 in that case. It could matter, a player our recruiting team might have top 5 could be sitting there. Draft boards can be wildly different between clubs and to the media's draft board

The reaction to paying a fair price for pick 20 and Hawks trading out 14 was amazing. Well worth the read.

I’ve enjoyed their forecasts.
Then Graham compo was handed at band 4 and their most wildest projections were shot before they even got going.
Now 14 gone.
Delicious.

Fair enough

I have tried to be really nice , well this is as nice as I can get

In any case good luck with everything
Trying to be nice while saying Freo are no chance at contending for a premiership without Bolton, completely ignoring that we've been in contention with one of the youngest lists in the competition.

Then adding to that by saying Bolton is twice the player Sonny has been? Bolton has not been the goal kicker Sonny was and would need to lift dramatically to match what he's done.

Talking down about Freo and it's players is not being nice or discussing in good faith.

There’s been some clueless comments on here the last couple of days but the phrase you’re quoting takes the cake.

Also the suggestion that Bolton is good enough to take us from a non-finalist to premiership contender is a good laugh as well. One player never makes that much difference.

You really don't think adding a player of Boltons quality to the current list can make us a contender in 2025? I must rate our list way too high, maybe we should just go to the draft and continue to build.

You really don't think adding a player of Boltons quality to the current list can make us a contender in 2025? I must rate our list way too high, maybe we should just go to the draft and continue to build.
I wouldn't normally agree, but I can conceivably see how you could turn 2-3 results around from this year just by sticking Bolton in the team instead of Walters or Emmett. Then we finish top 4 and who knows.

That said, I think he could turn 2024 Freo into a prelim team, but we need a significant amount of internal improvement to go with it to actually win I'd think. We were shown up in the last 3 weeks for reason's Bolton won't fix.

Trying to be nice while saying Freo are no chance at contending for a premiership without Bolton, completely ignoring that we've been in contention with one of the youngest lists in the competition.

Then adding to that by saying Bolton is twice the player Sonny has been? Bolton has not been the goal kicker Sonny was and would need to lift dramatically to match what he's done.

Talking down about Freo and it's players is not being nice or discussing in good faith.

It’s actually blatantly being a dick.
The bloke gives Freo so much shit on his own board and other ‘neutral’ boards.
If handing out assets for being the biggest knob on forums was a thing, he’d be worth our pick 10, 11, 18.

I wouldn't normally agree, but I can conceivably see how you could turn 2-3 results around from this year just by sticking Bolton in the team instead of Walters or Emmett. Then we finish top 4 and who knows.

That said, I think he could turn 2024 Freo into a prelim team, but we need a significant amount of internal improvement to go with it to actually win I'd think. We were shown up in the last 3 weeks for reason's Bolton won't fix.
If the competition had a genuinely amazing team in it I would also agree that adding Bolton wouldn’t mean that much (flag wise). But the premiers just lost one of their most important pieces and every other side is kinda eh. All have their strengths but all have genuine areas of weakness. Just like Fremantle with/without Bolton but if there was a year to go all in, 2025 IMO is as good as any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back