Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

We can only go off how Freo have conducted themselves: salary details aren't public. Having chased Warner for years, being prepared to go all in on Baker and Bolton, at least sounding out Kozzy, having had cracks at Cumming (pause), McDonald and Gulden. Not the conduct of a team strapped for cash. I'd doubt that we'd be prepared to offer "biggest contract of all time" (which West Coast may well offer), but I'd equally doubt that we'd be offering less than what Sydney would be.

If there's gonna be salary cap struggles for Freo, it'd be post-2027. Serong and Young in particular are out of contract in 2027, and they'll be getting pay hikes on their next deal. Young signed on in mid-2022 when he was just a promising rebounding defender. Serong Christmas 2022 when he wasn't exactly the Brownlow contender and back to back All Australian he is now.

Good analysis, agree with all that.

Part of me hopes that Johnson/Erasmus have a break out year like Treacy did this year and that Warner is a bit quiet like Logan McDonald was this season, making our decision easy.

Good analysis, agree with all that.

Part of me hopes that Johnson/Erasmus have a break out year like Treacy did this year and that Warner is a bit quiet like Logan McDonald was this season, making our decision easy.
The difference is, Warner has already shown AA form. McDonald's claim to fame is being 196cm and kicking a bunch of WAFL goals 4 years ago.

But if Johnson wants to churn out an AA season, I'm all for it.

The idea this guy works for WC is hilarious because either:
A) The club feels the need to have someone on BF calming the hardcore nuffies
B) He is full of shit and they all lap it up
C) The club doesnt know someone on their payroll is posting trade stuff on BF

All scenarios are hilarious
I truly hope it's A.
Imagine WC HQ in crisis mode:

The trade and draft team are discussing their work.
"Guys, the board is furious"
"The board!?"
"Yeah, well the Bigfooty board"
"Oh"

long pause

"I guess, well, is it a problem?"
"Nah, but just to be safe, let's do something about that"
"How?"

long pause

"ok... God dammit... who's that old bloke who always yells at the players during training sessions?"
"I think his names Phil"
"Well, get Phil a polo shirt, tell him he's an Employee now and get him to do damage control on Bigfooty"
"Would he have a Bigfooty account?"

long pause

"Mate, he's a loser. All losers have Bigfooty accounts"

Next day...

Phil: Guys, I'm employed by the club.

Can I quickly point out we have had no exodus of players in 2024.
Are we now the settled team we need to be to play at our best ? Everyone including management are a happy team ?
Well if we compare ourselves to Melbourne we are going beautifully. I don’t think anyone wants to be at that club next year, going to make interesting watching on their performances.

Last edited:
Well if we compare ourselves to Melbourne we are going beautifully. I don’t think anyone wants to be at that club next year, going to make interesting watching on their performances.
Melbourne have been a sheeit show for many many years.Nothing new here.
Remember that this was the club that the AFL bailed out with I think a president appointed by the AFL, a coach, appointed by the AFL.And at the expense of the AFL.
A club that has for many years had their hand out to get more money. And I think form memory had player assistance from the AFL.
They were one of the many clubs that were in financial difficulty way back in 1987 when the VFL expanded. Only three clubs were viable financially at that time and Melbourne were not one of them.
They won their last premiership after a lot od pandering fromthe AFL.
All that assistance, and still a basket case.

The idea this guy works for WC is hilarious because either:
A) The club feels the need to have someone on BF calming the hardcore nuffies
B) He is full of shit and they all lap it up
C) The club doesnt know someone on their payroll is posting trade stuff on BF

All scenarios are hilarious

D) It’s a Freo fan in deep cover trollingz .

I wouldnt mind us giving Coby Buriel who's just been delisted by wC as a train on player over summer. I really rated him in his draft year and he's had massive injury setbacks his two years on the list. WC sucks at identifying talent and they have so many plodders on their list yet they let someone with pace go.

I wouldnt mind us giving Coby Buriel who's just been delisted by wC as a train on player over summer. I really rated him in his draft year and he's had massive injury setbacks his two years on the list. WC sucks at identifying talent and they have so many plodders on their list yet they let someone with pace go.

He’s a walking hamstring injury

D) It’s a Freo fan in deep cover trollingz .
Fox Tv Comedy GIF by New Girl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have been a sheeit show for many many years.Nothing new here.
Remember that this was the club that the AFL bailed out with I think a president appointed by the AFL, a coach, appointed by the AFL.And at the expense of the AFL.
A club that has for many years had their hand out to get more money. And I think form memory had player assistance from the AFL.
They were one of the many clubs that were in financial difficulty way back in 1987 when the VFL expanded. Only three clubs were viable financially at that time and Melbourne were not one of them.
They won their last premiership after a lot od pandering fromthe AFL.
All that assistance, and still a basket case.
Didnt they win a GF a few years ago?

If Oscar Allen isn't signed up soon Brisbane will poach him

Sam Naismith becoming a ruck coach let alone at freo was not on my 2024 bingo card. Genuine loose unit I like it

Early days on that draft pool, but it looks quite weak/shallow apart from a few standouts at the pointy end. Wouldn't take too much notice of how Burgiel looked amongst his peers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back