Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking on the Sydney board, many on there seem to be coming around to the idea of trading Warner this year - obviously they are thinking WC because of pick 3 but it's probably not something that would have even been considered by their supporter group two weeks ago.

I was thinking today that a Oliver would be such a Sydney pick…

BUT they’re so bad in talls up front, and weak in talls down back

Just looking on the Sydney board, many on there seem to be coming around to the idea of trading Warner this year - obviously they are thinking WC because of pick 3 but it's probably not something that would have even been considered by their supporter group two weeks ago.
I think they would be mad not to trade him this year to West Coast. Also think it could be a blessing for us

This is funny. I wonder who the “Richmond fan who works in the media and is in the know” might be??
One guess is all we need lol

The funniest thing is how much he contradicts himself in this clip.

Richmond will end up with around six picks in the top 30. It used to be far more regular but taking much more picks than that at the draft would be borderline historical in a post-Covid era. Their later picks will just be traded to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Essendon, Carlton etc (and whoever else has FS or academy picks) whether that’s by Richmond or teams like Freo or West Coast that they’ll be trading with.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Baker to West Coast trade sees the equivalent of a second rounder going back to them. The Bolton trade will be 9 or 10 and 17 but with a similar thing happening in terms of what we’ll get back.

Because they are in a rebuild and that's extremely risky. How did our rebuild go when we traded in Hogan and countless other big shot players throughout our history. Their top bnf players were all 30 and over lol.
He's one of the best players in the country and has 8-10 years ahead of him. It's novel to think him going to them is a win for us

If we are doing bigfooty trade radio then people have to act as a player half cut like Robbo and wheeled into the studio to give "expert opinions" on subjects they don't know.
Oh, so just find anyone who likes to post on oppo club trade thread?

The art of listening to Trade Radio is letting 60% of it wash over you without it soaking more than skin deep in. There's another 10% that gives you insights into clubland. Another 15-20% that's vicarious thrills or schadenfreude which temporarily exists before being vaporised by facts. Then there's the 10-15% of actual news that's actually happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK I'll bite, why is it good for us for us to miss Warner and see him go to the filth instead?
If you assume the following:
  • Bolton and Kozzie is a real possibility
  • We can get at most 2 of Bolton, Warner and Kozzie without sacrificing significantly at or near the top end of the team
  • Our midfield is more than good enough offensively, and if anything could use a defensive stabiliser and a bit more grunt
  • The fact we've already invested heavy draft capital into midfielders who've shown a fair bit (goes without saying that it's nowhere close to Warner levels) and would be on the outer if Warner comes is at least a worthy factor
Then I think you'd go "Bolton and Kozzie come on down, Warner pls just stay at Sydney, but if you're gonna go West Coast it is what it is". They address weaknesses of ours more than Chad does. What Chad does is amazing and I'll never suggest otherwise, but we got 3 midfielders who made the All-Australian squad. Serong has started adding goalscoring, Brayshaw in many teams would be the centrepiece, and Young seems a pre-season away from doing what he showed in the 2nd half of the year on a 4 quarter basis.

For the record, I actually think Chad is better in the contest and at grunt work than he's given credit for, but too often he goes to that more outside, handball receive happy role. Could be coaching, player, combination of the two. But I think you can fit Chad in, he's well worth any initial headaches, and there are players I'd definitely be willing for us to sacrifice to get Chad in. But a potential Bolton and Kozzie combo (if it's not wishful thinking) is quite something.

• We can get at most 2 of Bolton, Warner and Kozzie without sacrificing significantly at or near the top end of the team
  • Our midfield is more than good enough offensively, and if anything could use a defensive stabiliser and a bit more grunt
  • The fact we've already invested heavy draft capital into midfielders who've shown a fair bit (goes without saying that it's nowhere close to Warner levels) and would be on the outer if Warner comes is at least a worthy factor
Then I think you'd go "Bolton and Kozzie come on down, Warner pls just stay at Sydney, but if you're gonna go West Coast it is what it is". They address weaknesses of ours more than Chad does. What Chad does is amazing and I'll never suggest otherwise, but we got 3 midfielders who made the All-Australian squad. Serong has started adding goalscoring, Brayshaw in many teams would be the centrepiece, and Young seems a pre-season away from doing what he showed in the 2nd half of the year on a 4 quarter basis.

For the record, I actually think Chad is better in the contest and at grunt work than he's given credit for, but too often he goes to that more outside, handball receive happy role. Could be coaching, player, combination of the two. But I think you can fit Chad in, he's well worth any initial headaches, and there are players I'd definitely be willing for us to sacrifice to get Chad in. But a potential Bolton and Kozzie combo (if it's not wishful thinking) is quite something.
Go hard for Shai and Kozzie. Throw NOD in the guts in 25. Won't need Chad after that one comes off :)

Good post and fair enough but thems a lot of assumptions. Personally I doubt we even get past the first one. But the Kossie fantasists won't lie down

The art of listening to Trade Radio is letting 60% of it wash over you without it soaking more than skin deep in. There's another 10% that gives you insights into clubland. Another 15-20% that's vicarious thrills or schadenfreude which temporarily exists before being vaporised by facts. Then there's the 10-15% of actual news that's actually happened.
Reckon it’s 85% filler, repeated information and ads. 10% stating the same top 10 best, worst , weird, cheapest trades we hear every year. 3% actual trade news 2 % fact.
But I’ll still listen to those podcasts . Genius producers.

I feel like pick 10 and Switta for Pickett is a deal that would work for both clubs.

Ideally I wouldn't want to lose Switta and would rather trade picks, but he's turning 28, is injury prone, relies on speed and agility and wants to go back to Vic. It would also open up more cap space for the move.

Adding Bolton and Pickett to our forward line is a wild thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back