Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt that Richmond will accept 9 & 16 for Bolton.

They will push hard for 9 & 10. True value is probably somewhere in between.
I said a while ago the deal would be 9 and 10 and a swap of our seconds.

Real decent chance Bo Allan is still there when it gets to 16.

DOnt forget all the picks will slider due to father son and academy so its really not 9 and 10. probably becomes 12 and 13 which makes it better

Here is a painful question for you all.

IF we get Kozzie and Bolton this year plus Warner next year.

Then who is the "best player you'd be willing to part with over that 2 year period?

I will allow you to state 2 players for the sake of the hypothetical
I don't like this game. I can't think of any player on our list that if we asked them to be part of a trade would not be crushed and it would massively impact our team morale. Cox is a new Dad, is his partner from here? Maybe Switta.

My view is that it takes three seasons to see the best of a new player while they find their connection with the team. I actually think three massive new parts would be disruptive and I would almost rather not get Warner and keep the team intact. Bolton and Kozzie would be more plug and play than Warner due to the nature of their roles and could seemingly be accommodated without any loss of players. Warner is more $, more picks and seems to be 12 months away.

If Warner opts in this year but not Kozzie then different equation but I can't see Sydney going for 10 and an F1 so not sure how we would do both him and Bolton this year.

Realistically Brayshaw taking a godfather deal would be the conduit for Warner to us next year.

Here is a painful question for you all.

IF we get Kozzie and Bolton this year plus Warner next year.

Then who is the "best player you'd be willing to part with over that 2 year period?

I will allow you to state 2 players for the sake of the hypothetical
It would be tough to give one up but Banfield or Switkowski. Our two champion data elites should suffice.

Has anyone been on the GC Board? Someone stated that this would be the likely net outcome of the trade period and all five of their posters liked it:

out: 6, 12, 20 and Lukosius
In: Rioli, Noble, Port F1, Coll F1, and an F2 of some sort

Could you imagine the melts on here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bob Murphy is unique, just one of a kind...
Someone else would need to be offered a different job depending on...
Their own unique qualities
I think Bob was good for a younger list. Angus would be a more driven person, especially considering his situation and would be better for the now in my view. If of course he was up for it and having a brother at the club was a positive and not a negative.

This really is the most wonderful time of the year. Winning a grand final could never compare to an ITK alluding to Chad Warner and Kozzie Pickett being actual chances

If that is the case then I highly doubt we will be getting Bolton.
The question Richmond will be asking themselves is which will get them back into premiership mode in 5 years time:
  • building a side around Bolton
  • a couple of first round picks.

That will be their goal, not getting top dollar or nothing.

I think Bob was good for a younger list. Angus would be a more driven person, especially considering his situation and would be better for the now in my view. If of course he was up for it and having a brother at the club was a positive and not a negative.
I don't mind it. Brayshaws seem to ooze professionalism.

How has Mayne been going?

Hey guys,

While you've been sleeping, I've been trying to do my part to help us stay abreast of the very latest trade rumours. I've been listening to the radio nonstop over here in Canada and I've got to tell you, I've endured hours of ads for maple syrup and bacon for not much in return.

Around 130am AWST I could have sworn I heard something about Kozzie coming home but it was only the local hardware store offering "a great deal on picket fences for your home and garden." I almost had a stroke.

Then, a little later, a breaking news bulletin seemed to have the latest on Shai, but it was just an overexcited weatherman telling us to "bolton down our hatches." (I think he may have said batten, but I swear he said bolton.)

All in all a disappointing report. But... and this might be my own trade fever talking, but could these somehow be "passive communiques"? AFL list managers negotiating in code using the airwaves of a distant country?

I'll keep listening.... just in case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back