Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Gold Coast hand over 6 for Rioli should be all the evidence you need for why you don't just "pay what it takes" to get players.

Weller really stitched them up with that trade radio interview back in 2017.
The expectation from clubs is massive overs.

It is a horrible point to start at. But they aren't prepared to walk away

Expect it to be longer next year

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

This is what I said yesterday. Only the fist test match of the summer being brought significantly forward is of any threat whatsoever to the AFL getting the clicks it’s getting atm.

The fist test?

Not going to lie ....I'm probably going to click on that.

I must admit i don't check this thread regularly all week or the news cycle during Trade Week.

List Managers wanting to swing there dicks around and look tough for 5 days.

Maybe the final day when things heat up or a signing is announced my interest peaks.

But overall I find it boring.

What we can’t lose sight of is this trade period is going to be a win win situation for Fremantle.

We either bring in Bolton or go to the draft and bring in 3 first round draft picks that adds depth and talent on a lvl I don’t think this club has seen before.

Yes I absolutely want Bolton but for some reason I don’t have that sinking feeling in my gut if the trade doesn’t go through.

In saying that I do believe Bolton will be a docker in 2025.

I feel like the more we stand off though, the more it opens the door for West Coast.

End of the day Bolton wants to come home, prefers Freo, but has mates and a coach he knows at WC. So it would be better than not coming home at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like the more we stand off though, the more it opens the door for West Coast.

End of the day Bolton wants to come home, prefers Freo, but has mates and a coach he knows at WC. So it would be better than not coming home at all

Then west coast won't be in a position to add warner after paying bolton and Harley? Which will open door for Warner for us?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What we can’t lose sight of is this trade period is going to be a win win situation for Fremantle.

We either bring in Bolton or go to the draft and bring in 3 first round draft picks that adds depth and talent on a lvl I don’t think this club has seen before.

Yes I absolutely want Bolton but for some reason I don’t have that sinking feeling in my gut if the trade doesn’t go through.

In saying that I do believe Bolton will be a docker in 2025.
As a fan that just wants to see a flag this lifetime it's not a win/win in my eyes. If we can't get the deal done for Bolton and go back to the draft it would be a fail IMO. The main excuse (outside of the injuries) is that we are a young team, well taking 3 first round picks (or two and we move one to 2025) won't help fix that.

It's trade period though, the deal will get done next week and Bolton will be in purple to start 2025.

The fist test?

Not going to lie ....I'm probably going to click on that.
I think even if it was a week away journalists like Tom Morris, who covers both sports, would be talking more about what the XI is going to be than trade period - especially if we're playing India or England.

The door is firmly locked. Bolton simply doesn't want to go there. And WC won't want to give up their premium draft capital for someone who will be finished by the time they are any good again. Going after Baker is bad enough, but they would have completely lost the plot to get Baker and Bolton.

No need to worry. This is just normal trade negotiations where two sides have to pretend they won't budge, perhaps even under instruction from the AFL to drag it out as long as possible to generate clicks, then on the last day it will get done.

It is isn't up to Shai though, if Richmond can extort 3 and 26 out of West Coast for say Bolton and Baker and prefer that to 10, 18 plus whatever they can convince WC to give for Baker on his own, well more power to them.

WC simply don't have the picks to play ball with the hard line Richmond is currently taking so Fremantle doesn't need to blink.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="Vimal Anand" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Then west coast won't be in a position to add warner after paying bolton and Harley? Which will open door for Warner for us?

On SM-S[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]B using ][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]BigFooty.com mobile app

True. Who do we want more, Warner or Bolton. I want both haha

But I’m thinking Warner is more valuable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back