Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I do think we are far to open to finding a compromise in trades.10 and 18 isn't insulting, like two years ago with Jackson, we seem to be too keen to keep up relationships (and 10 and 18 isn't relationship damaging anyway).

I think if we relent on 11, 14 would be the furthest we drop. I agree with 18 into 14 and 30 (or whatever it is at the moment) into 24.

Would just show a spine though

Dan Houston is dual All Australian in his last two seasons (2024, 2023) has 3 years left on his deal, and his happy to stay at Port if a deal can't be done.
Shai Bolton was All Australian once in 2022, has 4 years left on his deal, and is desperate to come back to WA for help raising his kids.

Can someone explain to me why no one is talking more than one first round draft pick for Dan Houston from clubs in Melbourne but Richmond want 2 to 3 first rounders (with a first or second coming back) for Bolton?

Is it just a case of the Vic-Centric media and club organisations and their cognitive bias over-valuing players over there and undervaluing players from interstate (like Houston)?

That would put it too far in our favour,

The trade will fall between 10,11 (Richmond want) and 10,18 (we offered).

Bolton, 14, 24 for
10,11,18 is less than 10,18 by itself. No chance that happens.
No trades for three days!

I think Richmond walked in and asked the 10 & 11.
We countered with 11 & 30.

I think it's currently sitting somewhere at 11 & 18 for Bolton & 32

Think it will end up around 10 & 18 & 67
for
Bolton 42 & 43

We will then aim to on-trade 30,42,43 for GC 13.

There might be a few swaps of F3 or F4 to get this done.

Then we will weigh our options up on trade day, do we pick Allan & Berry. or trade for a F1.

People jumping at shadows here

The rumour the deal will be done next week, after Richmond acquire assets, what assets could they need to acquire?

It’s not late picks, they have a huge amount already. A player won’t be included. So it’s an early pick, implying we’ll give up both 10 and 11.

What permutations would Richmond accept having refused 10 and 18?

The rumour the deal will be done next week, after Richmond acquire assets, what assets could they need to acquire?

It’s not late picks, they have a huge amount already. A player won’t be included. So it’s an early pick, implying we’ll give up both 10 and 11.

They get 14 for baker

Dan Houston is dual All Australian in his last two seasons (2024, 2023) has 3 years left on his deal, and his happy to stay at Port if a deal can't be done.
Shai Bolton was All Australian once in 2022, has 4 years left on his deal, and is desperate to come back to WA for help raising his kids.

Can someone explain to me why no one is talking more than one first round draft pick for Dan Houston from clubs in Melbourne but Richmond want 2 to 3 first rounders (with a first or second coming back) for Bolton?

Is it just a case of the Vic-Centric media and club organisations and their cognitive bias over-valuing players over there and undervaluing players from interstate (like Houston)?

Bolton is a far more damaging/impactful player than Houston. The latter is a defender/mid. Bolton can be a top 10 offensive weapon in the competition. Scoreboard impact is where the value is.

Bolton was 6th for score involvements in 2022, then 12th in 2023. The only players around that mark over both those years were Bontempelli, Dusty, Petracca, Hawkins, Walker, Cameron, Curnow. That's the calibre of company that he keeps for scoreboard impact, only he isn't a big mid or KPF, but rather in the position of most need to our side (small forward).

I wouldn't be concerned with a drop off in 2024 in a wooden spoon team. The 2022-2023 years are more relevant to how we would expect him to perform in a good side.

I've also posted several times on his ridiculous record at Optus over the last several years. Seven out of 8 games he was in the best players and you would struggle to find a better performed player overall at our home ground. The one poor game was played in terrible slugfest conditions that don't suit his type.

]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="docko[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
You guys are so worried about missing on the next Erasmus

The same Erasmus who isn’t even yet and just won the Simpson medal in a WAFL grand final? Yeah ok mate.

On iPhone using ][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]BigFooty.com mobile app

Either the Baker pick 14 or ( more likely imo) they'll send their late picks to Brisbane for 20 and we get that

It was big mistake offering 10 and 18 for Bolton at the start of negotiations with Richmond...Aaand surprise surprise now they want more than that thinking "if those morons were prepared to pay 10 and 18 straight away lets squeeze some more..."
So yeah...Some of our negotiators Don't really know how to negotiate and shouldn't be doing it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was big mistake offering 10 and 18 for Bolton at the start of negotiations with Richmond...Aaand surprise surprise now they want more than that thinking "if those morons were prepared to pay 10 and 18 straight away lets squeeze some more..."
So yeah...Some of our negotiators Don't really know how to negotiate and shouldn't be doing it...
You have no idea what the Freo opening bid was.

Tell them 10 + 18, or go and shove rusty forks up your gloryhole.

No deal Blandmond...?! Fine, we walk away and offer you just 18 next year. That is a FAIR offer and deal.

Piss off with your exigent and egregious demands

I’m fine with 10 and 11 for Shai

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

I think it's fair enough if Richmond want to push the issue, not often (outside of GC and GWS) you have a player of Boltons quality wanting to go to a team that has 3x first round draft picks. If the situation was flipped and a 26 year old Walters wanted to go to a team on the up we would all be wanting us to dig our heals in to get the best deal. I still think the deal will get done for 10+18 with a bunch of future pick swaps but this is hardly unreasonable from Richmond IMO.
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

...at the end of the day the actual purpose of trade period isn't our entertainment, but to allow clubs and players enough time to get the movement they want/as possible.

Sure if they want to have some futile back and forth just in case, go for it. But it seems more than a simple equation.

The quibbling when they're going to have a tonne of picks anyway gives it more than a stench of pretence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back