Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Any compromise we make will depend on how confident we are that Bolton has told Richmond he isn’t going back. If he’s indicated to Richmond that he’d be happy to come back if a suitable trade can’t be done then we’re going to need to overpay. If he’s told them to GAGF, then 10 & 18 is more than enough.

If Richmond weren’t keen to trade him, they would have shut it down ages ago.

And before any of you tiger nuffies chip in, unless you are Bolton or part of the RFC inner sanctum, then your opinion on what Bolton has said based on what you’ve read in the media means FA.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta say if this happens I’ll start thinking we have a double agent inside the west coast list management team.

Turning down pick 10 and baker for pick 3, only to then go trade pick 3 for 12 and 14 and use 12 to get baker, leaving them with……

Baker and 14 for pick 3,

Would be…. Interesting. A novel strategy I’ll give them that!

I was laughed at, but if they’re in anyway dumb enough to do 3 for 12 and 14 we may as well offer 10 and 18 for 3.

Eagles keep 10 trade 18 for Baker.

We do 3 for Bolton.

Just don't see how carlton get up high enough to satisfy
It seems insane but if Rhino is going with it someone has said it's a good chance.

I've run out of adjectives for what WC seem to be doing, I would be sick in the stomach if it was.

Gotta say if this happens I’ll start thinking we have a double agent inside the west coast list management team.

Turning down pick 10 and baker for pick 3, only to then go trade pick 3 for 12 and 14 and use 12 to get baker, leaving them with……

Baker and 14 for pick 3,

Would be…. Interesting. A novel strategy I’ll give them that!

Actually the more I think of it I don’t mind it.
A 9 pick down grade to get Baker while still getting a future first and change for Barrass is actually pretty good.

I was laughed at, but if they’re in anyway dumb enough to do 3 for 12 and 14 we may as well offer 10 and 18 for 3.

Eagles keep 10 trade 18 for Baker.

We do 3 for Bolton.
Might even get some change. We should legit be all over it if WC are entertaining these bat shit trades.

This will be our board if they do that:
Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Actually the more I think of it I don’t mind it.
A 9 pick down grade to get Baker while still getting a future first and change for Barrass is actually pretty good.
What? It's ****ing insane, Baker and 12 for 3 is disgusting?

It probably wouldn't take much for many of us to nominate three internal changes that realistically would not only have us playing finals, but in the top 4 this year.

Here's three off the top of my head. Could come up with others too...

• Amiss having an extra preseason
  • O' Driscoll developing to be a regular midfield option (not to mention continuity across the season)
  • Johnson feeling more at home at the level and the resultant composure improvement

Midfield depth is the key along with best 22 players standing up when our stars are out injured. So, having said that you’ve pretty much nailed it.

I think better coaching/leadership in close games would help a lot. We went into our shells trying to defend a lead way too early most of the year - it even happened at Peel FFS!

Is it? Is the guy at 3 that much better than 12 this year?
I don’t look at numbers. I look at what’s on the plate to be eaten
Yes, its nuts. It's taking unders on 3 to pay overs on Baker. I'd burn Freo to the ground. You are still more likely to get a far better player at 3 and from what I understand 1-7 is a tier above still.

Is it? Is the guy at 3 that much better than 12 this year?
I don’t look at numbers. I look at what’s on the plate to be eaten
Surely they can get better value for pick 3 than that. Clubs are scrambling for pick 11, 12 and 13...Why wouldn't they be more interested in 3...

But never interrupt the enemy when they're making a mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, its nuts. It's taking unders on 3 to pay overs on Baker. I'd burn Freo to the ground. You are still more likely to get a far better player at 3 and from what I understand 1-7 is a tier above still.

Maybe.
I’m thinking about our trade for Bolton.
10 and 11 for Bolton and 20…maybe.

I wonder if a team doing a rebuild, like St Kilda could be talked into 8 for 18 and 20.
I reckon that’s better value than what Carlton coughed up for 14
Bryan Cranston What GIF by First We Feast

this trade period needs someone to help liven it up. More boring than you mum's favourite knitting club learning the seed stitch...

Come on down, West Croad Eagles :tearsofjoy:

Surely they can get better value for pick 3 than that. Clubs are scrambling for pick 11, 12 and 13...Why wouldn't they be more interested in 3...

But never interrupt the enemy when they're making a mistake.

Could be a perfect storm.

There is no consensus top 3. Rather a top 6-8 players. So, anyone with a top 8 pick wouldn’t find the value to move to 3.

Then there’s a large spread of roughly equally ranked guys between say pick 10-30.

So, yes, teams are coming to have a plate at the buffet.

Moving 3 to 10 and getting Baker is historically horrendous. But the apparent evenness of the draft isn’t that bad.

Us placing that ‘pick 11 for Baker’ marker has possibly completely messed his valuation. That and Baker seems to have some ego or loyalty issues in making sure Tigers are adequately compensated. We may still benefit here.

10 and 18 for 3 in every year is bad, but it’s a means to an end.

1. Ashcroft - Brisbane
2. Langford - Richmond
3. Travaglia - North Melbourne
4. Smith - West Coast
5. Draper - Adelaide
6. O'Sullivan - Melbourne
7. Lombard - Gold Coast
8. Lalor - Richmond
9. Smillie - St Kilda
10. Lindsay - St Kilda
11. Berry - Essendon
12. Kako - Essendon
13. Armstrong - Richmond
14. Fremantle

Tauru
Reid
Allan

I'm not sure we are going to have access to the players we are after at 11. Berry could be there, especially if someone bids on Kako.

1. Ashcroft - Brisbane
2. Langford - Richmond
3. Travaglia - North Melbourne
4. Smith - West Coast
5. Draper - Adelaide
6. O'Sullivan - Melbourne
7. Lombard - Gold Coast
8. Lalor - Richmond
9. Smillie - St Kilda
10. Lindsay - St Kilda
11. Berry - Essendon
12. Kako - Essendon
13. Armstrong - Richmond
14. Fremantle

Tauru
Reid
Allan

I'm not sure we are going to have access to the players we are after at 11. Berry could be there, especially if someone bids on Kako.
Reid would be fantastic, Tauru sounds like he's going top 10 as the best KPD in it. This highlights we get someone very nice at 11, not as nice at 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back