Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably been mentioned already but there are a good bunch of sm/m forwards around 10-20 range. Berry, Hotton, Hynes, Dattoli, Hannaford, Gross. A few a bit later as well including some local boys.

It's probably why I'm not going to be devo if the Bolton deal falls over. 3 picks in that range would basically plug all the holes we have.

No guarantees the kids will plug the gaps. They could be busts. And we almost certainly don't take 3 firsts to the draft. We'd likely be moving at least one if Bolton falls over. Walls has basically said this himself.

Wouldn't even be surprised if we moved 2, as clubs seems to be paying overs and we'd need all the draft capital we can get for Bolton try 2 (if he still wants to come) and Warner or Pickett.

Might be a moot point anyway, as I just don't see the club passing up the opportunity to get Bolton. It will get done one way or another, probably Wednesday afternoon.

No guarantees the kids will plug the gaps. They could be busts. And we almost certainly don't take 3 firsts to the draft. We'd likely be moving at least one if Bolton falls over. Walls has basically said this himself.

Wouldn't even be surprised if we moved 2, as clubs seems to be paying overs and we'd need all the draft capital we can get for Bolton try 2 (if he still wants to come) and Warner or Pickett.

Might be a moot point anyway, as I just don't see the club passing up the opportunity to get Bolton. It will get done one way or another, probably Wednesday afternoon.
Agree with all of this. Lots of options.

Personally Im hoping for 10 and 18 for Bolton. Then hope we ask GWS if they would be interested in trading up. Pick 11 and our second round for their 2 first picks maybe?

Personally Im hoping for 10 and 18 for Bolton. Then hope we ask GWS if they would be interested in trading up. Pick 11 and our second round for their 2 first picks maybe?

11 could get both of Swan's first rounders, but maybe we could do their pick 19 and a F1? Sort of a free swing at decent upgrade if they falter.

They're currently willing to do 19 and 22 for 13.

It's been mentioned but would Richmond see 10 and our F1 as better than 10 and 18? It's close.

Could that be the compromise? Probably not.

We'd then auction off 11 to the highest bidder. Push part of that deal into a F1
Depends how desperate the likes of Melbourne are to pay for pick 11. If they chuck in a current second round I’d pull the trigger.

10, F1, F3 > Bolton, 51
F1 + 28 > 11, 67

I’d definitely swap Sydney’s F1 and 19. Might need to be another pick swap but that would be very tasty.

His keeping 11 to split it. Late teens and a 2025 first.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sydney and GWS the only teams probably capable. We'd just plonk it there and see which one wants it.

GWS have 15, 16 and 21
Swans have 19, 22

We'd probably accept the deal with the highest first rounder this year. So, GWS offer 16 and F1 to get ahead of Swans 19 and F1.

Sydney and GWS the only teams probably capable. We'd just plonk it there and see which one wants it.

GWS have 15, 16 and 21
Swans have 19, 22

We'd probably accept the deal with the highest first rounder this year. So, GWS offer 16 and F1 to get ahead of Swans 19 and F1.
I'd rather pick up an extra 2nd or two. The options at 11 are too nice to pass up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like a hypothetical trade 11 out for

GWS 16, 37 and F2
Demons 28, F1 and F2

That sort of thing?
There will be some quality if we can get a couple of extra picks in that range.
Yeah, I mean drop down one spot on draft night for a F2. Think the options we'd have on draft night will be huge

Any of Berry. Lindsay, Reid, Travaglia
Given we are a team of very average kicks, I would take Langford if he somehow falls out of the top 10. Beautiful, incisive left foot you could play straight away.

Imagine another player with Hayden Young level foot skills at our club. We could dice teams up on the counter as well as maintain possession when necessary.

Given we are a team of very average kicks, I would take Langford if he somehow falls out of the top 10. Beautiful, incisive left foot you could play straight away.

Imagine another player with Hayden Young level foot skills at our club. We could dice teams up on the counter as well as maintain possession when necessary.
Yeah I just would find it unbelievable he would fall that far, I also think team of very average kicks is very harsh.

It's been mentioned but would Richmond see 10 and our F1 as better than 10 and 18? It's close.

Could that be the compromise? Probably not.

We'd then auction off 11 to the highest bidder. Push part of that deal into a F1

Richmond seem intent on trying to bully their way through the trade period, absolutely no sign yet that they are willing to budge on any of their demands.

That may change this week but I think they are going all in on the brinkmanship.

Not sure they are going to be flexible enough to look at our future 1st even if it could be better for them.

With Warner and/or Picket potentially in play next year we would be very hesitant to trade out our puture 1st too. Interesting times ahead.

Yeah, I mean drop down one spot on draft night for a F2. Think the options we'd have on draft night will be huge

Would be pretty funny if it gets to our pick 11:

'Oh, we seem to have a live trade here. Pies are going to leapfrog Carlton. They've paid 13 and a F2. Freo slide 2 spots'

... Pick 13

'Seems another live trading coming through...GWS also wanting to leapfrog Carlton. They've given up 15 and a F2. Freo slide to the 15th pick.

... Pick 15

With the 15th pick, Freo select Joe Berry.

Wallsy 'Yeah, we would've picked Berry at 11, but we had a few in mind around that selection and they were all still on the board. Grabbed ourselves a couple of bonus F2's for nothing really'

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back