Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly think if you want to spend any draft capital l, yet alone a top 15 pick on a KPD you should be shot out of a cannon. Its the most non-sensical thing I've ever heard on here.
If I had a guarantee that Tauru was going to be as good by 2028, as Sam Taylor is now, I’d find it very hard not to use pick 11 on him to be honest.

But I also hear you that we need a small forward in the top 20-25 picks too, at least one, maybe even two.

It’s a tough one. I still think we will go best available talent at 11 in the draft and I’m totally ok with that. Trust David walls.

Honestly, 3 for 10 and 18 is nearly smack bang on the money.

Shuffle all sorts around but this main part just makes so much sense.

Bolton for 3
Baker for 18

Eagles slide only to 10.

The bits and pieces being shuffled could be in Eagles favour.

Why hasn’t this been the obvious look at? Is it Eagles not wanting to slide too far? Is it Freo thinking 10 and 18 is enough? Is it Tigers wanting to keep deals separate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had a guarantee that Tauru was going to be as good by 2028, as Sam Taylor is now, I’d find it very hard not to use pick 11 on him to be honest.

But I also hear you that we need a small forward in the top 20-25 picks too, at least one, maybe even two.

It’s a tough one. I still think we will go best available talent at 11 in the draft and I’m totally ok with that. Trust David walls.
We have 3 under 21 KPDs already. I'm sorry, but it's insane

From the Herald Sun:
FRINGE DOCKER TO STAY
Fremantle has backed in Will Brodie despite interest from a number of Victorian clubs.
Brodie has two years on a contract to run but was unable to break into the Dockers’ senior side this season.
The 26-year-old, who grew up in Shepparton, spent five seasons at the Gold Coast before he moved to Fremantle in 2022.
He was an instant success and played 24 games including the Dockers’ two finals appearances which helped him land a long-term contract.
But Brodie only played five games in 2023 and failed to break into the Dockers’ midfield this season despite promising WAFL form.
Several Victorian clubs were aware of his frustration but their approaches have gone nowhere with the Dockers assuring Brodie opportunities would open up in 2025.”

Does this potentially mean Fyfe may be looking at retirement?

From the Herald Sun:
FRINGE DOCKER TO STAY
Fremantle has backed in Will Brodie despite interest from a number of Victorian clubs.
Brodie has two years on a contract to run but was unable to break into the Dockers’ senior side this season.
The 26-year-old, who grew up in Shepparton, spent five seasons at the Gold Coast before he moved to Fremantle in 2022.
He was an instant success and played 24 games including the Dockers’ two finals appearances which helped him land a long-term contract.
But Brodie only played five games in 2023 and failed to break into the Dockers’ midfield this season despite promising WAFL form.
Several Victorian clubs were aware of his frustration but their approaches have gone nowhere with the Dockers assuring Brodie opportunities would open up in 2025.”

Fyfe could have possibly already retired. It’s just he’s probably on a mountain top somewhere and word hasn’t reached civilisation yet lol

From the Herald Sun:
FRINGE DOCKER TO STAY

I think only Fyfe can decide that. It’s like the club have said you take as long as you need champion, you’ve given us your all.

I think only Fyfe can decide that. It’s like the club have said you take as long as you need champion, you’ve given us your all.
I agree but that last statement in the Herald Sun article:
“Several Victorian clubs were aware of his frustration but their approaches have gone nowhere with the Dockers assuring Brodie opportunities would open up in 2025.”

Makes me think something has to give in that midfield. We have also similarly assured Erasmus of increased opportunities. JOM may well spend time at Peel but he was on the Wing. So who else out of Brayshaw, Young, Serong is heading out of the midfield rotation. That isn’t to mention likes of Wing / mid rotations (ie Johnson/NOD/JOM).

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back