Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutless s**tstain of a club

Shrunk the odds of us even breaking even on this trade to about 10/1

We ain’t never getting anywhere because somehow stupidity is perpetual for Freo

Stick ur membership up your ass I don’t give a **** how many bullshit layers you put up to make it hard to opt out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stick ur membership up your ass I don’t give a **** how many bullshit layers you put up to make it hard to opt out

Nah but tell us what you really think of the trade.

lol

Oh well give them everything they ask then shall we?
We didn't though. They wanted 10 and 11 so that they ended up with 10, 11 and 14. They ended up with 10, 11 and 18. We met almost exactly in the middle of the ask and offer which is a pretty reasonable expectation. We also don't know what's happening with salary but I'd wager that Richmond are going to help us to keep our young core together through our contention years while adding an AA small fwd which is worth its weight in gold.

But we're trying to win a flag next year? Also it's pretty silly to think that drafting two players at 10 and 18 is remotely the same as drafting a Sheezel or Reid in the top 3. It's a good trade and there's no doubt there is salary at play behind the scenes. Walls isn't a fool.
It makes sense when we are resigning Andy if Tigers are paying a substantial part of Bolton’s contract for a few years at least

Good trade, good business. Get the fella in who addresses a glaring list need, maintain a first round pick in an historically deep and even draft and get on with being a serious footy club.

Got the deal done for the best player available in the trade period, and the player exactly matches your list need imo.

I wouldn’t care too much about a three pick slide from 11-14. Cost of trading in a contracted player in his prime.

I’m good with that trade, it’s to have a crack at a flag and we don’t have any other glaring holes in the list we need to address.

If Bolton kicks 40 goals for us next year everyone will forget the cost.

Really adds a dimension to the midfield also.

I wonder if the Tigers are paying part of the contract.

But we're trying to win a flag next year? Also it's pretty silly to think that drafting two players at 10 and 18 is remotely the same as drafting a Sheezel or Reid in the top 3. It's a good trade and there's no doubt there is salary at play behind the scenes. Walls isn't a fool.
Now that I think about it, one of our picks wasn't even ours it was Collingwood's pick which makes it a bit better. I really wanted Travaglia or Lindsay 😪

no we're not (in for Allan) necessarily, Eagles pick before us and they too will target WA talent

ofc, we can rest assured they may yet find a way to shit the bed there, too
Stop living in the past we have become very good at drafting. Living up to the user base "Doomsday". Lighten up princess.

We've basically turned Schultz into Bolton and a 3 picks backslide.

Pick 18 had nothing to do with Schultz. And the luck on the Schultz trade doesn’t really change anything - Pick 11 is Pick 11 no matter how it got to the club.

Having said all that I fail to see how this trade is that much worse than Picks 10 and 18 was.

Pick 37 next year will be handy for us if our NGA guys are much good and/or if we trade our first rounder for a gun player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone put together all the parts that lead to this?

Schultz and all the picks / years that lead to Bolton?
Our 2nd last year our deal 2nd this year. Schultz + our 1st this year for Bolton, 14,F3
It makes sense when we are resigning Andy if Tigers are paying a substantial part of Bolton’s contract for a few years at least
Trade radio just said Richmond sent paying anything

Confused Listen To Your Heart GIF by The Bachelor

1729034937184.gif

One maybe late first. Another one hard to place.

Having said that I remember when Jason Carter was talked about in those terms a year out.

It’d be pretty handy for future trading if Whan gets himself to around Pick 20 or so (that’ll still be first round next year). We’d be getting a reasonably good player draft wise as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back