Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutless s**tstain of a club

Shrunk the odds of us even breaking even on this trade to about 10/1

We ain’t never getting anywhere because somehow stupidity is perpetual for Freo

Stick ur membership up your ass I don’t give a **** how many bullshit layers you put up to make it hard to opt out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where is your seat? I'll grab the membership

How this trade and Jackson previously go down in history depends on if we make or win a GF in the next 2-3 years.

Clearly the club is making bold moves, selling the future to buy the present etc, to improve our chances in what they see as the window to get our first flag.

Constantly drafting young talent isnt how clubs win flags, need bold moves like this, all top clubs do it, hope we know what we are doing.

Perfectly reasonable to mine, and means we’ve landed the best player available for us this year that will make a massive impact the next few years

It's overs but you pay overs for a contracted gun, and the goal is to win a flag. We have an absolute weapon, top rated forward in the league in both 2022 and 2023 when the team was half decent. Our single biggest list need. Along with still holding picks 14 and 30 in a deep draft. F3 for Whan points. Not to mention Bolton is essentially the biggest Kozzy recruitment piece for 2025. If Chad chooses WC we are okay

Pick 18 had nothing to do with Schultz. And the luck on the Schultz trade doesn’t really change anything - Pick 11 is Pick 11 no matter how it got to the club.

Having said all that I fail to see how this trade is that much worse than Picks 10 and 18 was.

Pick 37 next year will be handy for us if our NGA guys are much good and/or if we trade our first rounder for a gun player.
There's literal and figurative, quibbling between the two can be fun I guess. But yes it isn't huge difference but trades-value is best defined in the language of hindsight.

How this trade and Jackson previously go down in history depends on if we make or win a GF in the next 2-3 years.

Clearly the club is making bold moves, selling the future to buy the present etc, to improve our chances in what they see as the window to get our first flag.

Constantly drafting young talent isnt how clubs win flags, need bold moves like this, all top clubs do it, hope we know what we are doing.

I also don't think we are selling the future, our current squad is the future. We couldn't be in a better spot list wise to make this trade.

Stoked with the trade. I consider Bolton a top 10 offensive threat in the whole competition. The perfect player for our side. They wanted 10+11, we wanted 10+18, and 10+14 is in the middle. We even got a F3 from the probable spooners that we can use towards NGA points.

I am not fussed if it means missing out on Allan/Berry. Not sure Allan is the right fit for our side, and I am not as convinced about Berry as others. I prefer Hannaford with his more explosive/aggressive nature and I think he will be there. If we went early on Davis, I would be happy with that as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, now that shitshow is done. What's next? Didn't Garlick say we were going to be aggressive this trade period? Or has one trade literally encompassed 8 days?

That’s the key isn’t .

I just hope the same membership who’s celebrating will be ready for garlick and jlo to marched off when we don’t make top4 next year .

Or do we just continue to make excuses and 🤞 whilst those that run the club look to cover their arses

Last edited:
I have no problem with this trade for a player with a current extensive contract.

I am going to get extremely agitated however, when this will be inevitably referred to as us parting with three first rounders without mentioning what came back.

10, 11 & 18

for

Bolton, 14 & 37

Looks totally OK to me.

Don't check the AFL site.

I have no problem with this trade for a player with a current extensive contract.

I am going to get extremely agitated however, when this will be inevitably referred to as us parting with three first rounders without mentioning what came back.

10, 11 & 18

for

Bolton, 14 & 37

Looks totally OK to me.

I can already here Kane Cornes "They gave up THREE first rounders for him" ringing in my ears after his first quiet game in 2025

edit: for the people liking this comment who hate the trade, I am taking the piss.

Last edited:
It's overs but you pay overs for a contracted gun, and the goal is to win a flag. We have an absolute weapon, top rated forward in the league in both 2022 and 2023 when the team was half decent. Our single biggest list need. Along with still holding picks 14 and 30 in a deep draft. F3 for Whan points. Not to mention Bolton is essentially the biggest Kozzy recruitment piece for 2025. If Chad chooses WC we are okay

I agree. Literally our single biggest need & we have enough mids cooling their heels in the WAFL.

The time is now & there probably isn’t a better player in the league to complement what we already have.

" Bolton is essentially the biggest Kozzy recruitment piece for 2025."

this is what's making it grow on me.

have always been pro-Bolton, just didn't want to pay too much. if it helps with the mid- longer- term stuff, then it becomes much easier to live with.

roll on preseason...

Stoked with the trade. I consider Bolton a top 10 offensive threat in the whole competition. The perfect player for our side. They wanted 10+11, we wanted 10+18, and 10+14 is in the middle. We even got a F3 from the probable spooners that we can use towards NGA points.

I am not fussed if it means missing out on Allan/Berry. Not sure Allan is the right fit for our side, and I am not as convinced about Berry as others. I prefer Hannaford with his more explosive/aggressive nature and I think he will be there. If we went early on Davis, I would be happy with that as well.
Finally another Hannaford fan! He had a great state combine just recently too. 2.954s 20m sprint, 7.922s in the aglility test, 86cm running vertical jump. Great athlete. Berry posted 3.026s and 8.479s respectfully in the preseason. I like both but have Hannaford ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back