Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

So looks like Emmett, Knobel and Jones all survive
Don’t we only have 2 primary list spots?

Tabs, Corbett, Hughes out
Bolton in
Leaves only 2 spots.

Jones is a rookie.
Knobel is hanging out with Alex Pearce on holidays.

That leaves Emmett. There have been some indications he will be delisted with a view to being added to Rookie list. I expect this to happen.

My argument against that would be I don't think Collingwood fixed what they were worst at - key positions on both ends. Whereas Shai directly addresses our biggest weaknesses, Houston and Perryman kinda just make Collingwood amazing at things they're already good at.

Getting Perryman and Houston while having no current firsts is great business, don't get me wrong. But now they're gonna have to go bargain basement to fix their real issues.

They’re also REALLY old.

In May Houston will be 28. They have no first rounder next year.
They’ve got a heap of players over 30: Howe, Pendles, Elliot, WHE, mihocek, Cameron, Cox, Sidebottom…de goey is 29 next year.

There’s a heap of bodies to replace in quick time.

It feels like last chance saloon for another premiership and they’re going to rebuilding when Tassie are coming in?

They’re also REALLY old.

They’ve got a heap of players over 30: Howe, Pendles, Elliot, WHE, mihocek, Cameron, Cox, Sidebottom…de goey is 29 next year.

It feels like last chance saloon for another premiership and they’re going to rebuilding when Tassie are coming in?
2 words
F/S picks

They’ve probably got a list as long as your arm with who’s coming through from the next generation, so they just have to sit back , trade a few shitty picks and choose from the long line of players that want to come to their club to play at the G every week

Most be tough to be in that position

They’re also REALLY old.

For some reason Collingwood just don't rebuild anymore.

They might have 1 bad year but it never turns into a 4-5 year rebuild.

Helps being a big Victorian club that plays in a dozen prime time games at the MCG

They’re also REALLY old.

Everyone lauds Craig McRae but I wonder if they realise what he's doing. Early in the year he said he didn't want to be a long term coach and will move onto something new sooner rather than later. He's talked about wanting players and not rating draft picks and backed that up by trading out their firsts last year and this year for older players. They don't have an early pick for two years to replenish an old list. McRae wants to squeeze everything he can out of Collingwood and when they hit the cliff, he'll be out the door and will leave them in a shambles. Maybe that's all worth it cos he won them a flag, but I wonder if the Collingwood people who seem willing to follow his 'draft picks don't matter' philosophy realise that's his intention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back