Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I particularly found interesting in David Walls’ comments was this. “ there was a couple of a grade players who told us they wanted to come to Fremantle “ “ I am not going to name those players “.
Now I have para phrased that a bit but you get my drift.
I am reading this as Chad and Kozzie have told me we want to come to Freo. “ can you get us there “ ?
If it’s Chad & Kozzie locked plus we have cap space, we are definitely trading pick 14 into next year.

“And the fact we’ve been able to bring Shai in but still have a first rounder for this year that will give us the ability to then use our first rounder next year and go two into the future with the number of first-round picks you have to use over a certain period of time.

“It’s a long way of saying three first rounders, I don’t think that’s ever been paid for any player in history, so I think that shows we’ve got enough.”

This is good to hear, meaning we won't be trading our first rounder out of this year

Bring on a gun small forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“And the fact we’ve been able to bring Shai in but still have a first rounder for this year that will give us the ability to then use our first rounder next year and go two into the future with the number of first-round picks you have to use over a certain period of time.

“It’s a long way of saying three first rounders, I don’t think that’s ever been paid for any player in history, so I think that shows we’ve got enough.”
Could be a nice little loophole for us too, tell Sydney "Sorry we need to use our first this year, here is 2026 and 2027 firsts + 2025 second and third"

Could be a nice little loophole for us too, tell Sydney "Sorry we need to use our first this year, here is 2026 and 2027 firsts + 2025 second and third"

2027 first rounders aren’t going to carry the weight unfortunately.

Tasmania are coming in for 2028 so unless you’re an absolute basket case I’m not sure clubs are going to see a 2027 first rounder the same way as most other years.

I’ve heard we’ll know what Tasmania’s concessions are by trade period next year but I highly doubt it doesn’t completely **** up the draft in some capacity. They’ve got to get 44+ players from somewhere and the draft is going to make up a fair bit of that.

2027 first rounders aren’t going to carry the weight unfortunately.

Tasmania are coming in for 2028 so unless you’re an absolute basket case I’m not sure clubs are going to see a 2027 first rounder the same way as most other years.

I’ve heard we’ll know what Tasmania’s concessions are by trade period next year but I highly doubt it doesn’t completely **** up the draft in some capacity. They’ve got to get 44+ players from somewhere and the draft is going to make up a fair bit of that.
My point is that it won't be up to us

It's at the AFL's discretion whether to allow us to trade the pick at that point

We could throw everything else we have available and realistically Sydney won't turn down 2 firsts a second and a third (Richmond)

Has it sunk in yet that we’re actually getting a 25 year old Bolton!

Hand on heart. At the start of the year if you could cherry pick a player from a side Bolton would have to be in top 5 for our area of need?

We’re linked to 2 other guns: Warner and Pickett.

No one left.

Still a nice pick 14 roll of the dice.

A pick 30 to bid on Champion in a win-win bid.

Pumped!

Just watching his highlights again this morning. Holy moly. He can do anything when he’s on.

My point is that it won't be up to us

It's at the AFL's discretion whether to allow us to trade the pick at that point

We could throw everything else we have available and realistically Sydney won't turn down 2 firsts a second and a third (Richmond)

I don’t think we’ll be allowed to trade three firsts unless Whan looks really good, we have the points to match and the AFL is feeling very generous (lol it’s us).

My point was that 2027 picks are going to be far less valuable than the other two years if Tasmania get the concessions I think they are extremely likely to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle 3 finals and out wowee

Port Adelaide currently don’t have any list spots available until they delist players. Knowing that and who’s out of contact I’m hardly surprised.

FWIW the out of contract include F.Evans, L.Evans, Boak, Narkle and three blokes that haven’t played a game. L.Evans was only drafted in the MSD this year, is 18/19 and has already played 12 games, F.Evans played 17 games and I don’t really need to say anything about Boak (slight chance he retires I guess).

Port Adelaide currently don’t have any list spots available until they delist players. Knowing that and who’s out of contact I’m hardly surprised.

FWIW the out of contract include F.Evans, L.Evans, Boak, Narkle and three blokes that haven’t played a game. L.Evans was only drafted in the MSD this year, is 18/19 and has already played 12 games, F.Evans played 17 games and I don’t really need to say anything about Boak (slight chance he retires I guess).
I've just assumed he is still on the rookie list though, opening spots on the rookie list don't count towards the minimum of 3 players

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back