Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting tidbit from Phil over the road:

If the club has committed to Champion and i'm not saying they have but if they have and the club manages to get use say a hawks F2+WC future third to get an extra pick just inside 30 or F2+F2 to get a pick closer to 20 then the club needs to take 4 open main list spots to the draft or we potentially miss out on him.

This requires 2 main list players to be delisted between now and list lodgement 2.

If the club only wants him if he falls to the rookie draft then it is what it is but Freo have a cooked walters and have lost a lot of their front end smalls. They could potentially take him late in the draft.

There was supposed to be an agreement in place where WCE and Freo wouldn't **** with each other anymore (TBH it was pretty much just Freo ****ing us) however that's not how it seemed to play out during trade week.

They played nice during the year in the lead up with discussions around their players but I do feel as though there was some shafting going on during trade week. Wallsy wouldn't look me in the eye even though we were only saw each other briefly in passing a few times. You would think someone you have had 20 odd phone calls with in the last few months would at least give you a hello, a wave or look you in the eye.

They also claim that Warner was at West Coast next year if Sydney had won the GF

Interesting tidbit from Phil over the road:

They also claim that Warner was at West Coast next year if Sydney had won the GF
The idea this guy works for WC is hilarious because either:
A) The club feels the need to have someone on BF calming the hardcore nuffies
B) He is full of shit and they all lap it up
C) The club doesnt know someone on their payroll is posting trade stuff on BF

All scenarios are hilarious

Emmett showed bits and pieces in some games at both AFL and WAFL. He also lacks composure and is like a headless chicken at times. I think him moving to rookie list is the best option - to give him one more option and a big pre-season. He did end up playing around 13-14 games.

No Narkle is not an upgrade. Narkle is 27 in December and Emmett is 23 in November.

Please stop suggesting rejects.

I really hope it is C cause that is the most funny IMO

They were going off at Matt Clarke in the thread too so gloves are off :sweatsmile:

My money is on B. A lot of stuff just doesn't add up with what he is saying

He is full of shit, and to be a fair a few have called him out on it. The last bit of "intel" I read from him was some crap about how the AFL has offered him an amazing well paid job which he turned down. Quite often he can't say too much just in case he's being watched - the guy is full of crap.

A tidbit worth noting from Walls' SEN WA interview regarding list changes:

"There's a few little bits and pieces to play out. Unfortunately we've got a couple players that are hanging that we'll have to have conversations with them. Not everyone will go on next year but there may also be a few players that we need to move from the senior to the rookie list. Overall it's not gonna be a huge change this year for us which is nice." (Several ums and ahs redacted, and a massive run on sentence even by my standards has been broken up.)

Judging by some of the reporting on Inside Trading, fairly safe to presume it's Knobel and Emmett who stay on, with 1 or both of them re-rookied. And then Odin Jones gets cut, which would be incredibly harsh but allows for list flexibility. Whichever way you shift the senior players to the Cat A rookie list, btwn those 2 lists we have 3 list spots if none of them 3 are delisted and have to draft a minimum of 3 players (a lot of 3s).

Do we have capspace to have a crack at Warner?

Chapman, Cox, Clarke, Darcy, Jackson, Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Amiss, Switkowski, Treacy, Bolton, Ryan would all be on pretty good money?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles are really bent out of shape over the Baker PsyOp that Bell was running.

The Eagles forget Fremantle are not just simple traders flogging there wares down at a Bazaar. We are card counters at the Blackjack table.

The funny thing is they supposedly tried to return the favour with the Bolton trade by making an 11th hour play (or at least that's what they are telling the media). But Walls said he didn't even know about that until trade period was over. Was never mentioned (even by Richmond) in hammering out the trade on the final day.

Maybe it’s nepo boy?

He is full of shit, and to be a fair a few have called him out on it. The last bit of "intel" I read from him was some crap about how the AFL has offered him an amazing well paid job which he turned down. Quite often he can't say too much just in case he's being watched - the guy is full of crap.

My experience is that the AFL don't have high paying jobs outside of adult coaching or playing!

Money dries up reaaaaaaal quick when it comes to talent pathways

Do we have capspace to have a crack at Warner?

Chapman, Cox, Clarke, Darcy, Jackson, Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Amiss, Switkowski, Treacy, Bolton, Ryan would all be on pretty good money?
We can only go off how Freo have conducted themselves: salary details aren't public. Having chased Warner for years, being prepared to go all in on Baker and Bolton, at least sounding out Kozzy, having had cracks at Cumming (pause), McDonald and Gulden. Not the conduct of a team strapped for cash. I'd doubt that we'd be prepared to offer "biggest contract of all time" (which West Coast may well offer), but I'd equally doubt that we'd be offering less than what Sydney would be.

If there's gonna be salary cap struggles for Freo, it'd be post-2027. Serong and Young in particular are out of contract in 2027, and they'll be getting pay hikes on their next deal. Young signed on in mid-2022 when he was just a promising rebounding defender. Serong Christmas 2022 when he wasn't exactly the Brownlow contender and back to back All Australian he is now.

Discussing DFAs and SSPs is borderline pointless this year. We simply don't have the list spots to even consider it.
I did wonder if we would consider Winder as DFA but we really don’t have list spots.

We need to delist one more (likely Emmett) to have 3 ND selections. Then we have two rookie list spots - one likely taken up by Emmett.

I agree more likely we take one first round rookie and give the SSP a miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back