Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and very much so

Narkle is genuinely one of the worst players I've seen play AFL. I'm very comfortable saying he's the worst player I've seen play finals but I've probably seen worse players play for lower teams.

Saying he's more competent than Emmett is ridiculous. It's like some on here haven't seen him play. They aren't missing much tbf.
You genuinely got no idea mate. He is 100% better than Emmett. I’m convinced Emmett is worse than Ash Johnson

You genuinely got no idea mate. He is 100% better than Emmett. I’m convinced Emmett is worse than Ash Johnson
Whoa..mate, that's too far. Ash Johnson is the low watermark for shittest players. Which, by the way, I'm kind if grateful to him. It was previously Dan Parker and we can't have one of our own there.

The equivalent of getting Colyer again, but our best 22 is a lot stronger.
Colyer was a much better footballer.

If a 25 year old clone of Colyer was available I'd have no issue.

Colyer was quicker, harder and had better skills (and his skills and hardness weren't great).

I'm so confused by people's reaction on this. Has anyone on here actually seen Narkle play?

Last edited:
I actually really like Narkle. Have watched quite a few of his games. I think it was his first or second game for Port he came on as sub and basically won them the game. Pretty clean, tough and can kick well.

If nothing more than a depth player and someone to help Bolton settle in, I think it's a savvy Rookie List pick up.

People who say "oh yeah but he's been delisted by 2 clubs", well so was Dale Kickett.

I wouldn’t waste my time with either of them. Given how close he is with Bolton and Kozzie it can’t hurt to add a little depth for 12 months.
You and me both. I think both wouldn’t last more than a year.

If we really wanted a reject better to throw a lifeline to Ned McHenry from Adelaide who is a true small forward, or better still give Winder a go.

Perhaps get all 4 to train for December (Emmett, Winder, Narkle, McHenry) and pick the best of that lot for the last spot.

And Bolton is not on the selection committee.

If we really wanted a reject better to throw a lifeline to Ned McHenry from Adelaide who is a true small forward, or better still give Winder a go.

Perhaps get all 4 to train for December (Emmett, Winder, Narkle, McHenry) and pick the best of that lot for the last spot.

McHenry is the genuine tough nut of that 4

I’d definitely throw Winder a lifeline and he deserves it. Went down and watched the Souths v Peel game and he was a cut above the rest. Kept the dogs in it for four quarters. He averages 25 a game and just under a goal playing most of his minutes in the midfield but is dangerous when he goes up forward. Happy to roll the dice on him.

What’s the increase to the salary cap? Is it 2.5 million this year?

It’s increasing by 2 million this coming year.
By 2027 it increases another 600k.

We have been having long contracts already to everyone, which I assume has some increase but less than normal as compensation for the contract length.

Would assume we have no problem taking Warner and having a crack at Kozzie, especially as Fyfe, Walters, O’Meara, Brodie and Aish’s contracts will be shed over the next two years.

If we factor in Kozzie and Warner I’d say we’re only taking draftees for the next three seasons

It’s increasing by 2 million this coming year.
By 2027 it increases another 600k.

We have been having long contracts already to everyone, which I assume has some increase but less than normal as compensation for the contract length.

Would assume we have no problem taking Warner and having a crack at Kozzie, especially as Fyfe, Walters, O’Meara, Brodie and Aish’s contracts will be shed over the next two years.

If we factor in Kozzie and Warner I’d say we’re only taking draftees for the next three seasons
I'll go on a limb and say there is absolutely no chance we can get Kozzie and Warner. It doesnt make any sense once you take more than a quick look at the numbers

I'll go on a limb and say there is absolutely no chance we can get Kozzie and Warner. It doesnt make any sense once you take more than a quick look at the numbers

We’re a team that’s tenth.
The salary cap is increasing by around 15% this year alone.
I think long contracts mean slight discount for longevity. I’d almost guarantee Bolton is on more like 850k than the 1.2 he was on before…and the same would go for Darcy and Jackson etc.

It’s something Geelong do very well…also wouldn’t be surprised if all of them are sleeping in brand new Dale Alcock homes tbh

And between Aish, Walters, O’Meara and Brodie there is 2 million at least going.

Having Robinson in 2026 is huge if he keeps it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colyer was a much better footballer.

If a 25 year old clone of Colyer was available I'd have no issue.

Colyer was quicker, harder and had better skills (and his skills and hardness weren't great).

I'm so confused by people's reaction on this. Has anyone on here actually seen Narkle play?
Im with you - I thought Travis Colyer was always under-rated. I think its a little like Petrucelli for the other guys, expectations being high because of their speed, but Travis played some really solid games and also kicked some terrific goals. Never shirked it and always seemed to give 100%, maybe not quite getting the top end result we all hoped for. But I loved watching him play (even with the odd clanger because his body was faster than his mind, often getting ahead of the play - at least he was always trying to create).

Ironically enough you could put Colyer as one of our best recruits from that 2018 period, I'd put him above Conca and Hogan in regards to their output here, Lobb probably performed a little better.

I'd rather see what's available in the draft before deciding whether to bother with this at all.

Pretty sure getting the best mature aged state league small forward borderline makes this conversation redundant yet we'll just add Narkle to our delistings in twelve months time.

Let's face it, perhaps Winder aside, those players aren't going to be on AFL lists next year if not Freo and if they are who cares. You've listed four options - I reckon they'd be closer to ten by the time you add in state league players and other delisted players who have less of a name but aren't any worse as footballers.

Whoa..mate, that's too far. Ash Johnson is the low watermark for shittest players. Which, by the way, I'm kind if grateful to him. It was previously Dan Parker and we can't have one of our own there.
A mate of mine always said that Dan Parker had the best viewing of any game he played.Stood watched and did JS.
Not the best selection by the club.
But his brother was another story.
Vastly under rated by many. Shane was a better than average player.

Last edited:
A mate of mine always said that Dan Parker had the best viewing of any game he played.Stood watched and did JS.
Your font size makes your post read like you're whispering in the back of the room.

Shane was very very good. We use to call him 'nosey'.

I actually really like Narkle. Have watched quite a few of his games. I think it was his first or second game for Port he came on as sub and basically won them the game. Pretty clean, tough and can kick well.

If nothing more than a depth player and someone to help Bolton settle in, I think it's a savvy Rookie List pick up.

People who say "oh yeah but he's been delisted by 2 clubs", well so was Dale Kickett.
Narkle played his way into a finals team with just five SANFL games this year. His form at SANFL level was excellent.
He has speed and his ball use is excellent meaning he could be a good sub option. If we recruited him as an SSP he would only be costing a rookie spot and wage. As a depth player he would at least give as a good ball user if he played any games. Apparently more than a few Port supporters were surprised he was delisted. i wouldnt mind him as a SSP signing.

bold of me.

i like both emmett and narkle. narkle was very highly rated at geelong. just got injured a lot and didn't live up to his talent. i believe in our medical team and i also think mature heads can sometimes show improvement after they get both their body right and are in a good situation.

i also like emmett. i think with him its never as good or as bad as it seems. there is a reason we were all very excited 12 months ago. and a reason why we are down now. both are true. he will be a decent afl footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back