Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Narkle played his way into a finals team with just five SANFL games this year. His form at SANFL level was excellent.
He has speed and his ball use is excellent meaning he could be a good sub option. If we recruited him as an SSP he would only be costing a rookie spot and wage. As a depth player he would at least give as a good ball user if he played any games. Apparently more than a few Port supporters were surprised he was delisted. i wouldnt mind him as a SSP signing.

His state league form has always been excellent. That's how he tricks teams into giving him a shot.

State league form and AFL potential don't have a perfect correlation otherwise we wouldn't see guys in their mid-20s win Sandovers and get overlooked for in the draft for guys of a similar age and output at state league level.

Isn't the biggest issue with Narkle his lack of two way running?

I think so. He played some midfield time for Geelong. The problem you mention was exposed. He managed 29 disposals, 9 marks and 1 goal in a game versus Freo in 2021. He also got 34 touches, 8 marks and 2 Brownlow votes in another game that year. He's far from the "worst player ever" that some seem to think. He just didn't do the defensive running and Geelong cut him. Then Port tried to shoehorn him into a small forward role, but I think he is best suited as a midfielder who can drift forward.

Don't know why some are up in arms about it. He's going to be a good WAFL player, where they will try to get him to hit the mark for defensive running patterns. And every now and then we might have to call him up to fill in if we get several injuries. His connection with Bolton and Pickett may or may not amount to anything, but I don't see any negatives on that front. You would carry Narkle on the list every day of the week if it put Bolton in a happier place and/or was the difference in getting Pickett.

plenty of talented players don't cut it as a midfielder. i doubt if we see him in that role.

freo have as inside mids. serong, brayshaw, young, johnson, fyfe, with cameos from odriscoll and bolton.

thus, i don't think we want him for his geelong role. probs the port role. however, he didn't set the world on fire at port. perhaps its more speculation. he clearly has talent. i remember an interview from joel slewood when he first came on the scene. selwood loved him. we probably giving him a go based around that.

however, he needs to fashion himself into being successful at his role.

His state league form has always been excellent. That's how he tricks teams into giving him a shot.

State league form and AFL potential don't have a perfect correlation otherwise we wouldn't see guys in their mid-20s win Sandovers and get overlooked for in the draft for guys of a similar age and output at state league level.
He played 5 games at SANFL level after an injury ruined most of his season before getting back into a AFL finals team. I like him as an SSP selection due to how his skills are very good and if got an injury or three I want a player with skills getting a game. Far from a spud Narkle can impact a game with low possessions.

He played 5 games at SANFL level after an injury ruined most of his season before getting back into a AFL finals team. I like him as an SSP selection due to how his skills are very good and if got an injury or three I want a player with skills getting a game. Far from a spud Narkle can impact a game with low possessions.
People are seriously, ridiculously over exaggerating this big time. Part of the reason Port are useless in finals is because they consistently play blokes like Evans and Narkle in finals.

GWS are no different with O'Halloran and Lachie Keefe.

Just because you play in a finals team, doesn't mean you're a good player.

Narkle is meh, if we take him, so be it, but he is bang on average at absolute best

People are seriously, ridiculously over exaggerating this big time. Part of the reason Port are useless in finals is because they consistently play blokes like Evans and Narkle in finals.

GWS are no different with O'Halloran and Lachie Keefe.

Just because you play in a finals team, doesn't mean you're a good player.

Narkle is meh, if we take him, so be it, but he is bang on average at absolute best
His highlighs say oherwise. Some players take extra time to get afl finess. I think Narkle's slowly built his fitness at afl level. We are about an SSP selection only.

I don't mind Narkle on the list, ready to go. He'd fare better in our forward line than the haphazard crap that Port dish out. He has the skills to finish and does find space.

His highlighs say oherwise. Some players take extra time to get afl finess. I think Narkle's slowly built his fitness at afl level. We are about an SSP selection only.

Highlights reel? Mate, everybody's highlights reel looks sexy. Slowly built to afl fitness? He's bloody nearly 27 and been delisted twice, how slow can you be haha!!

It seems 99% likely we'll take him, so it is what it is. But I wouldn't be getting my hopes up if I were you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlights reel? Mate, everybody's highlights reel looks sexy. Slowly built to afl fitness? He's bloody nearly 27 and been delisted twice, how slow can you be haha!!

It seems 99% likely we'll take him, so it is what it is. But I wouldn't be getting my hopes up if I were you.
Im not. Its an SSP selection so he's on the rookie list and a depth player. All Im saying is I like a depth player who has good skills.

I'm going to agree to disagree. My opinion isn't going to change anything and neither is yours.

I genuinely believe my post is fair though :).

Just think there's so many better uses of a list spot. I don't think he's needed depth. At best he'll be like Brodie. Stuck behind the actual depth players as a last resort robbing someone like Cooper Simpson the opportunity he needs to reach his potential.

I’m trying to work out what Lach72 means with “ Emmett has been pants for nearly all games “ ?
What is Pants ?

I’m trying to work out what Lach72 means with “ Emmett has been pants for nearly all games “ ?
What is Pants ?
Pants is bad.
Can also be used to replace slurs in a child friendly environment.

Not sure on the origin of it

Yeah it’s brutal.
I think it’s no exaggeration to say on the whole we have been the worst goalscoring team in the AFL over the last 10 or 15 years.
It’s only in the last season or two that I’ve really felt we finally have some natural goalscorers. Amiss, Treacy, Sturt.

They types you don’t even realise it but they are piling on goals week in week out.
Lobb and tabs were there for years and we used to get so excited when they made it to 35 goals a season when they were in their prime.

Meanwhile 36 year old Buddy Franklin would have 55 kicked and everyone would be saying he’s cooked. The likes of Ollie Henry at Geelong would have 40 kicked as a medium forward 21 year old and would be a distant third on their goalkickers list but would probably won our leading goalkicker award with that total for most of the last 10 years.

It’s 2012 I think, since a freo player kicked 50 in a season.
Every other club has had a 50 goal season player in the last 3 years.

Long long overdue, should happen next year if Treacy or amiss play a full season.

Jye is gonna rocket up to 2nd on our list in 2025.

Don’t think he’d be any higher than fifth, maybe even sixth in the KPD pecking order.

The Narkle signing makes sense to me now I know who his manager is. It’s an absolute disgrace.
I think your extreme opinion that Narkle is one of the worst players you've ever seen (extreme hyperbole really) is clouding things on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back